• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team News

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greeny hyping the WFT this AM.

Fitzmagic has a better completion % than TB the last 3 years, better TD % than Dak the last 3 years. Last season they had awful QB play. 32nd in the League.

McLaurin is a stud WR.

Gibson is a very good RB.

Rivera is a winning coach

They have a great D that sacked TB 3 times in the WC game. He was only sacked 3 more times in their remaining playoff games.

Get excited!!!!!
Hope they keep those trends going

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1630866509387.png
Happy Birthday to Billy Kilmer, Pro Bowl (1972), 2× All-Pro (1972, 1975), NFL passing touchdowns leader (1972), NFL passer rating leader (1972), 70 Greatest Redskins, Washington Redskins Ring of Fame, New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame. He turns 81 today.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuel got put on a 3 week IR

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington certainly can't afford a bad season and then name the team more then likely something dumb it will cost Dan Snyder a very large portion of the fan base and most won't come back

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington certainly can't afford a bad season and then name the team more then likely something dumb it will cost Dan Snyder a very large portion of the fan base and most won't come back
Interesting post country. I was watching the Raiders game last night. I know it was there first game at the new stadium but seeing such excited fans made me sad for the Redskins. This team had such a great fan base before Snyder became owner. I heard an interview with McLaurin where he talked about being excited to see the lower bowl full Sunday. 20+ years of his ownership has killed this franchise. It is sad.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting post country. I was watching the Raiders game last night. I know it was there first game at the new stadium but seeing such excited fans made me sad for the Redskins. This team had such a great fan base before Snyder became owner. I heard an interview with McLaurin where he talked about being excited to see the lower bowl full Sunday. 20+ years of his ownership has killed this franchise. It is sad.
First post I have seen about the crowd on Sunday. Looking around the stadium, it looked pathetic. Fans sitting on their hands, no real energy at all. Disappointing for the players that the fans are not going nutz during the game. Oh well, goes in line with the disapointing game last week.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First post I have seen about the crowd on Sunday. Looking around the stadium, it looked pathetic. Fans sitting on their hands, no real energy at all. Disappointing for the players that the fans are not going nutz during the game. Oh well, goes in line with the disapointing game last week.
I heard the fans were fired up until that first drive happened. Pre game

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just to add what you correctly said above, I was watching the Raiders game last night too and what I found to be so great for the Raiders was how much the locals (Las Vegas fans) had already fallen in love with the Raiders when they previously had no connection to them when they were the Oakland Raiders.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a time, before Snyder's ownership, that Redskins season tickets were not even available to the general public because of a long waiting list behind people who already held season tickets?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point which makes me wonder who will have the most fannies in the seats on Thursday night, New York or Washington?

We have no home field advantage.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stadium is a shit storm Literally

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add what you correctly said above, I was watching the Raiders game last night too and what I found to be so great for the Raiders was how much the locals (Las Vegas fans) had already fallen in love with the Raiders when they previously had no connection to them when they were the Oakland Raiders.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a time, before Snyder's ownership, that Redskins season tickets were not even available to the general public because of a long waiting list behind people who already held season tickets?
You are correct sir! The wait times numbered in years for regular game tickets, and season tickets were nearly impossible to get because they were generally included in inheritances or probate fights.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the fans were fired up until that first drive happened. Pre game
Lol, you are probably right. Or was it when the smelly sewage stink water rained down on some of the crowd when the pipes burst?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct sir! The wait times numbered in years for regular game tickets, and season tickets were nearly impossible to get because they were generally included in inheritances or probate fights.

I didn't think I dreamed this because from time to time I was given a pair of Redskins tickets to individual games by CBS executives and every time I was given tickets I was told they were hard to get. All of this happened during the good old days when we won football games and the stadium actually moved from excitement. I mean there was noise in that place almost as loud as the noise you hear in Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City or where the 12th man resides in Seattle.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waiting list for tickets was once in the 10's of thousands. People used to will their tickets to family members.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being notified that I was personally number 38,479 on the waiting list for season tickets. That was down from 54,671 when I originally got in line.

The ticket representative told me that approxomately 500 people or so give up their season tickets every year (when the skins played at rfk).

Needless to say, the skins sucked for years before i finally threw in the towel and gave up my place in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.