• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors vs. Spurs

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Curry is out tonight against the Spurs. Warriors listing him as day to day with the bone bruise. Toney Douglas will start in his place.

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out. Douglas is a very good defender and having him on Parker means that Klay and AI can play Green and Leonard straight up. I'd say Bogut will spend most of the night on Duncan.

The two X-factors for me tonight will be Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green. With Curry likely to be out, the Warriors will need a bit more scoring from the bench. Hopefully those two guys can put up a combined 20-25 between them to help out.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Curry is out tonight against the Spurs. Warriors listing him as day to day with the bone bruise. Toney Douglas will start in his place.

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out. Douglas is a very good defender and having him on Parker means that Klay and AI can play Green and Leonard straight up. I'd say Bogut will spend most of the night on Duncan.

The two X-factors for me tonight will be Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green. With Curry likely to be out, the Warriors will need a bit more scoring from the bench. Hopefully those two guys can put up a combined 20-25 between them to help out.

It also means Tony Parker doesn't have to guard anyone with Curry out. He should have a huge offensive game.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also means Tony Parker doesn't have to guard anyone with Curry out. He should have a huge offensive game.

I doubt he will have a huge scoring night with Douglas on him. I'm more worried about the Warriors offense in this one. With Curry out their offense will be a lot less dynamic. Someone is going to have to step up and hit a whole lot of shots, and they will have to continue playing great D to get easy buckets in transition (not something easy to do with San Antonio).

Curry is not officially out yet though, he still could play, though it seems unlikely. A few times last year he surprised us by playing at the last minute.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he will have a huge scoring night with Douglas on him. I'm more worried about the Warriors offense in this one. With Curry out their offense will be a lot less dynamic. Someone is going to have to step up and hit a whole lot of shots, and they will have to continue playing great D to get easy buckets in transition (not something easy to do with San Antonio).

Curry is not officially out yet though, he still could play, though it seems unlikely. A few times last year he surprised us by playing at the last minute.

Well, Curry was almost invisible against the T Wolves, in fact he played like shit, but the Dubs still won handily. Granted, San Antonio is not the T Wolves but I'm worried about Tony Parker who now won't have to worry about anything on defense and can just focus on dominating the game on offense like he did to the Warriors in the playoffs.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Curry was almost invisible against the T Wolves, in fact he played like shit, but the Dubs still won handily. Granted, San Antonio is not the T Wolves but I'm worried about Tony Parker who now won't have to worry about anything on defense and can just focus on dominating the game on offense like he did to the Warriors in the playoffs.

Part of the reason Curry was almost invisible against the Wolves is because they completely shaded their defense to make sure he didn't beat them. Without Curry, a team like San Antonio can now shift focus to saying "let's not let Thompson beat us", something they couldn't do if Curry was available and healthy.

This said, the Warriors put the game away with Curry on the bench and Iguodala running the offense. The question is whether they can do that for a full game against a team with the moxie and defensive acumen of the Spurs.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry's shot was off vs. Minnesota, but he had 7 assists and 1 turnover in 24 minutes. To me that's not invisible.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Curry's shot was off vs. Minnesota, but he had 7 assists and 1 turnover in 24 minutes. To me that's not invisible.

Excellent point. He was very visible..... just not scoring much at all. In my earlier comment, I was trying to highlight how Minnesota was concentration on making sure he didn't have much of a chance to score - but he was actually very visible.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point. He was very visible..... just not scoring much at all. In my earlier comment, I was trying to highlight how Minnesota was concentration on making sure he didn't have much of a chance to score - but he was actually very visible.
Right...which also highlights how Curry's mere presence on the court draws added attention from defenses and opens opportunities for others. If I'm defending Curry and he is shooting say 1-6, I know I'm for damn sure not going to just leave him open because his shot is off. Even when he's not scoring, he's affecting the game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason Curry was almost invisible against the Wolves is because they completely shaded their defense to make sure he didn't beat them. Without Curry, a team like San Antonio can now shift focus to saying "let's not let Thompson beat us", something they couldn't do if Curry was available and healthy.
This said, the Warriors put the game away with Curry on the bench and Iguodala running the offense. The question is whether they can do that for a full game against a team with the moxie and defensive acumen of the Spurs.

They are a little more versatile this year, but you are right, its going to be tough without Curry against the better-coached teams.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Coach Jackson to dust off his secret weapon.

A Baze + Nedo backcourt to shock and awe.

But seriously, I think its going to be a long night. Either way, I see the rookies getting lots of run tonight.

Dubs Squeeze it out 98-89? GO DUBS!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon me for going off-topic, but I just heard that the Warriors gave Brian Scalabrine a coaching job today.

This Celtics fan wants to say that that was a MAJOR mistake! If true, that is. ScalaSTIFFne was the worst big man my team had in a LONG time! He had no appetite at all for the paint play that should be a 7 footer's specialty.

I venture to predict you'll soon wish the LAKERS had hired him, not Golden State.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling Parker would eat them up. San Antonio is a very polished team. The Warriors will get there soon enough.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem the Dubs without Curry is they can't make a run. Looks like they slow down the game. We need Klay to shoot the light out tonight to have any chance to win this one.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of amazing they are not completely out of this game at the half, brutal half to watch but at least the defense was decent.

But yeah, someone is going to have to go into "ridiculous" mode for them to pull this out, while at the same time keeping the clamps on D.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon me for going off-topic, but I just heard that the Warriors gave Brian Scalabrine a coaching job today.

This Celtics fan wants to say that that was a MAJOR mistake! If true, that is. ScalaSTIFFne was the worst big man my team had in a LONG time! He had no appetite at all for the paint play that should be a 7 footer's specialty.

I venture to predict you'll soon wish the LAKERS had hired him, not Golden State.

Millions and Millions of sperm, and you were the fastest one to make it eh?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of amazing they are not completely out of this game at the half, brutal half to watch but at least the defense was decent.

But yeah, someone is going to have to go into "ridiculous" mode for them to pull this out, while at the same time keeping the clamps on D.

Don't know if that's necessarily true, they just need to hit some open shots. Dubs are getting looks and point blank chances, just not converting.

Andre banged his knee during the final minute of the 2nd quarter, he should have been at the line.

They can still pull this one out, I have faith.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem the Dubs without Curry is they can't make a run. Looks like they slow down the game. We need Klay to shoot the light out tonight to have any chance to win this one.

Dubs are only down by 7, Douglas was hitting all his shots when he was in the game.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, they did miss a lot of wide open shots, Klay is always streaky but David Lee missing those was a little surprising.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio plays some stifling defense and it has the Warriors confused.