• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors sign Kyrylo Fesenko to 1 Year Deal

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Year deal worth 1M.

7'1" 280lbs. Can never have enough big guys. Wonder if he's going to crack the rotation with Lee, Udoh, Biedrins and Brown taking up the bulk of the minutes.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beans, Udoh, and Brown have been solid. I wonder if one of them is traded at some point. I don't know much about Fesenko, although Holinger was raving about his defensive ability on ESPN.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beans, Udoh, and Brown have been solid. I wonder if one of them is traded at some point. I don't know much about Fesenko, although Holinger was raving about his defensive ability on ESPN.

Warning signs that you should not expect what has been said:

1) If John Hollinger blogs about it
2) If Pete Vescey writes about it
3) If Cazic posts it on the ESPN boards

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect him to take most, if not all, of Kwame Brown's minutes. Interesting $7 million investment. This will certainly get Jeremy Tyler some needed minutes dominating the D-League, too.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I expect him to take most, if not all, of Kwame Brown's minutes. Interesting $7 million investment. This will certainly get Jeremy Tyler some needed minutes dominating the D-League, too.

If that turns out to be true, it will be a very bad sign - one that says things have not changed in Golden State. I am hoping it is a sign that Biedrins is on his way out of town via trade. I like Beans and he has looked a lot better in the first two games this season, but signing a FOURTH center just makes no sense.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that turns out to be true, it will be a very bad sign - one that says things have not changed in Golden State. I am hoping it is a sign that Biedrins is on his way out of town via trade. I like Beans and he has looked a lot better in the first two games this season, but signing a FOURTH center just makes no sense.

I have a feeling they will try to move someone as well. It certainly won't be Tyler and I have a feeling Fesenko got some sort of assurance of PT, because he had multiple offers for teams hurting at the Center position. Unless it came down purely to dollars(which could entirely be the case), then I'm not quite sure why he would have signed with us.

I'm pretty sure Kwame and his 1 yr 7M contract will look might attractive to some teams gearing up for the following off season.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a feeling they will try to move someone as well. It certainly won't be Tyler and I have a feeling Fesenko got some sort of assurance of PT, because he had multiple offers for teams hurting at the Center position. Unless it came down purely to dollars(which could entirely be the case), then I'm not quite sure why he would have signed with us.

I'm pretty sure Kwame and his 1 yr 7M contract will look might attractive to some teams gearing up for the following off season.

If the Warriors signed Kwame knowing they were going to try to trade him at the earliest possible convenience, it would further emphasize my point. To get Kwame, the Warriors wasted their amnesty on Charlie Bell and went after DeAndre Jordan. Once Jordan was re-signed by the Clips, the Ws spent $7 mil of the $10 mil in space they had on Brown, a guy who was only going to play about 20 min per night.

Another factor is that free agent players cannot be traded for a minimum of 3 months after they sign with a new team. Kwame Brown was signed on Dec. 17. The 2011-2012 trade deadline is March 15. That is short of the 3-month requirement. Therefore, any hope of the Warriors trading Kwame would have to be a result of the agreement which ended the lockout. Even then, I imagine that the trade would have to be made within a day or two of the trade deadline. Until that time comes, Fresenko will have to fight with Beans and Brown for court time.

Finally, I highly doubt that the Ws would give Fresenko PT guarantees without first seeing how he fits in with the team. Golden State had to have outbid other teams for his services.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors signed Kwame knowing they were going to try to trade him at the earliest possible convenience, it would further emphasize my point. To get Kwame, the Warriors wasted their amnesty on Charlie Bell and went after DeAndre Jordan. Once Jordan was re-signed by the Clips, the Ws spent $7 mil of the $10 mil in space they had on Brown, a guy who was only going to play about 20 min per night.

Another factor is that free agent players cannot be traded for a minimum of 3 months after they sign with a new team. Kwame Brown was signed on Dec. 17. The 2011-2012 trade deadline is March 15. That is short of the 3-month requirement. Therefore, any hope of the Warriors trading Kwame would have to be a result of the agreement which ended the lockout. Even then, I imagine that the trade would have to be made within a day or two of the trade deadline. Until that time comes, Fresenko will have to fight with Beans and Brown for court time.

Finally, I highly doubt that the Ws would give Fresenko PT guarantees without first seeing how he fits in with the team. Golden State had to have outbid other teams for his services.

Makes sense. I'm hopped up on flu meds right now so I got the conspiracy theory juices flowing.

I did think Kwame made an impact defensively last night against the Bulls and was probably one of the more optimistic people when we signed him. I'm just really trying to figure out how Fesenko will fit in. Obviously there's some upside to him with multiple teams bidding on his services.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. I'm hopped up on flu meds right now so I got the conspiracy theory juices flowing.

I did think Kwame made an impact defensively last night against the Bulls and was probably one of the more optimistic people when we signed him. I'm just really trying to figure out how Fesenko will fit in. Obviously there's some upside to him with multiple teams bidding on his services.

It's definitely a lot of big bodies to go with some impressive athletes at practice. The Warriors might be the best all-around 1-12 team in the league. Unfortunately, that means nothing. The best eight-man rotation usually wins it all, not 10 or 12. Unless, Mark wants to press all game. That would be fun to watch.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I love the game of trying to figure out the Warriors' moves too. But if something is going to happen, I hope that it is Biedrins who goes, if only for the good of the salary cap. I really like Beans and because I am a Warriors fan, I will always like the guy. But 3 years and $27 mil for 8 points and 8 boards in 20 minutes just isn't worth it, IMO.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the game of trying to figure out the Warriors' moves too. But if something is going to happen, I hope that it is Biedrins who goes, if only for the good of the salary cap. I really like Beans and because I am a Warriors fan, I will always like the guy. But 3 years and $27 mil for 8 points and 8 boards in 20 minutes just isn't worth it, IMO.

Can you think of any possible destinations for him? Wasn't he almost traded last year to Indiana? (or was that something Cazic wrote?)

;)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fesenko had knee surgery and word is he won't be fully healthy until halfway through the season.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you think of any possible destinations for him? Wasn't he almost traded last year to Indiana? (or was that something Cazic wrote?)

;)

I remember Cavs and Jamison or trade exemption in return last deadline.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know McHale would love to have Biens in Houston.
Fesenko is a player that I've always liked when I'd see him hit the floor for the Jazz. He has elite size and knows how to get his body in the right position. I didn't get to see a ton of Jazz games though, I guess that's why I haven't got to see where he struggles.
This report makes me question the move though.
Kyrylo Fesenko Scouting Report 2011 | Nba Post Up

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know McHale would love to have Biens in Houston.
Fesenko is a player that I've always liked when I'd see him hit the floor for the Jazz. He has elite size and knows how to get his body in the right position. I didn't get to see a ton of Jazz games though, I guess that's why I haven't got to see where he struggles.
This report makes me question the move though.
Kyrylo Fesenko Scouting Report 2011 | Nba Post Up

I don't think that McHale needs Biedrins in Houston how that he has Dalembert.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

;)

The offer that I remember the most was to Houston for Tha-bust and Jordan Hill. But now that the Rockets have Dalembert to pair up with Scola, I don't see them revisiting that trade any time soon.

There were other rumors bandied about, but most of those were from NBA insiders saying where Biedrins would fit best. Whether they were concrete offers or not, I don't know.