• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors get satisfied to often once they start playing well

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sNNetW--P8&list=UUiWLfSweyRNmLpgEHekhoAg]Steph Curry RIDICULOUS #SCtop10 Crossover and 3-Pointer - YouTube[/ame]

This was just dirty.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow an 18-point lead one day, overcome one the next; all in a day's work I guess.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the year they look at wins and losses, you don't get into why or how you won those games...their just wins.

Basketball is one of the sports where some games you just don't have it. Other days you can't miss.

For instance it was great that Klay and Curry got hot when it counted, but if they missed those shots we'd all be up in arms and claiming we'll miss the playoffs and Jackson should be fired...on and on and on.

I really believe that both Bogut and Iguodala are saving themselves a bit. I think they are just trying to get to the Playoffs and then they can go a little harder. Bogut hurting his ankle last night doesn't help though.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the year they look at wins and losses, you don't get into why or how you won those games...their just wins.

Basketball is one of the sports where some games you just don't have it. Other days you can't miss.

For instance it was great that Klay and Curry got hot when it counted, but if they missed those shots we'd all be up in arms and claiming we'll miss the playoffs and Jackson should be fired...on and on and on.

I really believe that both Bogut and Iguodala are saving themselves a bit. I think they are just trying to get to the Playoffs and then they can go a little harder. Bogut hurting his ankle last night doesn't help though.

Horseshit. That's what being a fan is all about. Were they lucky? Were they unlucky? Did they play well and lose? Did they play poorly and win? Because all those warts WILL BE EXPOSED in the playoffs

Every coach in the west understands that if Curry and Thompson both go off simultaneously that he'll lose. And every team in the west (see Spurs last year) will make sure it does its best—each playoff game—to try to kick one leg out from under the W’s backcourt.

Of the 9 teams currently competing for a playoff berth in the west, only Dallas has a lower defensive efficiency rating than Portland.

Beating Portland (without Aldridge) by a single point—with both Curry and Thompson blazing—translates, I figure (if you can translate anything from that “double-double-toil-and-trouble” witches’ cauldron of a game last night)…into a 4-1 or maybe 4-2 first round playoff exit against a well-prepared top-4 seed in the west.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point. They are who we thought they were, at least a week ago that is: a 6-seed in a stacked conference that can win a playoff series maybe two. The Cleveland game doesn't change that. Although as I pointed out above Klay being out was very telling that game, when we have #fullsquad we are pretty good.

They aren't one of the 'elite' contenders, this year. Those are SA, OKC, Miami, and Indy with maybe the Clippers in there. But we improved this year, and we are one Lee and Barnes trade for Love or Anthony or something like that away from being in the mix.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit. That's what being a fan is all about. Were they lucky? Were they unlucky? Did they play well and lose? Did they play poorly and win? Because all those warts WILL BE EXPOSED in the playoffs

Every coach in the west understands that if Curry and Thompson both go off simultaneously that he'll lose. And every team in the west (see Spurs last year) will make sure it does its best—each playoff game—to try to kick one leg out from under the W’s backcourt.

Of the 9 teams currently competing for a playoff berth in the west, only Dallas has a lower defensive efficiency rating than Portland.

Beating Portland (without Aldridge) by a single point—with both Curry and Thompson blazing—translates, I figure (if you can translate anything from that “double-double-toil-and-trouble” witches’ cauldron of a game last night)…into a 4-1 or maybe 4-2 first round playoff exit against a well-prepared top-4 seed in the west.

They came back from way down on the road vs a good team, that means they are a good team. What are you even arguing? The Ws are a good team, don't you agree? They probably aren't winning a title this year, we all agree there too (at least most of us). What are we arguing about? :noidea:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. They are who we thought they were, at least a week ago that is: a 6-seed in a stacked conference that can win a playoff series maybe two. The Cleveland game doesn't change that. Although as I pointed out above Klay being out was very telling that game, when we have #fullsquad we are pretty good.

They aren't one of the 'elite' contenders, this year. Those are SA, OKC, Miami, and Indy with maybe the Clippers in there. But we improved this year, and we are one Lee and Barnes trade for Love or Anthony or something like that away from being in the mix.

I say we get the 5th seed

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They came back from way down on the road vs a good team, that means they are a good team. What are you even arguing? The Ws are a good team, don't you agree? They probably aren't winning a title this year, we all agree there too (at least most of us). What are we arguing about? :noidea:

We aren't "arguing," unless you consider Lamebombs "top three defensive efficiency rating = elite" statement an "argument." We agree that they are good, we agree that they are not elite. They do not play consistently enough on either end of the court to be elite. Can they beat anyone? Sure. Will they beat a top 4 seed in the playoffs, in a series where Steph and Klay won't stay hot for 6-7 games? Unlikely. This team is unlikely to make the second round of the playoffs this year. Too many defensive lapses and inconsistent ball handling.

I completely agree that to get better, they've got to trade Avi and his contract. I hope they don't have to move Barnes to do it. Interesting that Jax benched Avi for his turnstile D last night.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't "arguing," unless you consider Lamebombs "top three defensive efficiency rating = elite" statement an "argument." We agree that they are good, we agree that they are not elite. They do not play consistently enough on either end of the court to be elite. Can they beat anyone? Sure. Will they beat a top 4 seed in the playoffs, in a series where Steph and Klay won't stay hot for 6-7 games? Unlikely. This team is unlikely to make the second round of the playoffs this year. Too many defensive lapses and inconsistent ball handling.

I completely agree that to get better, they've got to trade Avi and his contract. I hope they don't have to move Barnes to do it. Interesting that Jax benched Avi for his turnstile D last night.

Depends on the matchup. They won't beat SA or OKC in 7 games, but they can beat Houston or LA or Portland. May not be favored but won't be big underdogs either. They took care of the 'better' Nuggets last year as a lower seed. This is a good team, flaws and all. They are not even a little bit worse than Houston or Portland.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are going to have to include Barnes to get anything of value back for Lee. We can't just do a salary dump with him, unless you think Barnes can be our starting power forward, which I don't think works. He plays Iguodala's position. Barnes is the up and comer with potential that the other team would need to get back to give us that one missing piece, letting us upgrade Lee. I don't like it either, but it seems like they are trying to make a push now, so one more big move is needed to compete with the big 4 (5?)

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was still a win on the road in a very hostile arena.

And I started it off with "At the end of the year"....meaning when you look back, you will see mostly wins and losses....the other stuff gets swept under the rug to a certain extent.

All of the hand wringing in the regular season is overblown.

The Warriors are 16-5 in their last 21 road games I think. Thats what good teams year in and year out do. The problems at home are what have many wringing their hands...rightfully so, but that doesn't discount those road wins. Winning on the raod in the NBA is really tough.

I too am disappointed with how we've played at home. It pisses me off, and they are missed opportunities. I get it.

No matter who we play in the playoffs, its gonna be tough. No-one....no one last year saw us beating Denver and then scaring the ess out of the Spurs until Curry and boguts ankles fell off.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the matchup. They won't beat SA or OKC in 7 games, but they can beat Houston or LA or Portland. May not be favored but won't be big underdogs either. They took care of the 'better' Nuggets last year as a lower seed. This is a good team, flaws and all. They are not even a little bit worse than Houston or Portland.

They are clearly inferior to Houston but are the same tyype of team that Portland is and they could beat them in a 7-gamer.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are clearly inferior to Houston but are the same tyype of team that Portland is and they could beat them in a 7-gamer.

For the bolded: Link?

For the underlined: your first correct post in a while

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors have the third best road record this season behind the Spurs and Thunder. Although the Warriors have already played 5 more road games than OKC.

We've screwed the pooch at home. hopefully that can be turned around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get the love for Barnes myself. I think he is the x-factor that could've put this team into elite status, but his game is stuck in neutral. He has all the tools, but none of the instincts. His game hasn't evolved at all since his college days that I can see. The book on Barnes in college was that he finished poorly off the dribble, and if you can force him into 3 or 4 dribbles on an offensive move, his efficiency plummets. He's average at best as a post up player, and just like book says, force him into mutliple dribbles and he doesn't finish well. He stands around alot, and hardly ever moves without the ball, which ironically is where he's at his best. Has he ever backdoored a defender in his entire career? He finishes so much better after receiving a pass than off the dribble. I wish I could write him a note. I think he's fools gold and a relative disappointment for a 7 pick. I try to consider his age, and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he still comes up short. The only thing he does better than Draymond Green is score, and that's not saying much. Green is better in every other way. I think he's a logical piece (along with Lee) to be moved. This team has too many offensively challenged players and ultimately I have to put Barnes in that category as well. On another unrelated note I think Jordan Crawford will be moving on in the offseason. I don't think Jackson trusts his loosey game during critical minutes or crunch time.