• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors @ Bobcats 12/9/13

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about Marshawn Lynch or the Bobcats...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vvuLAl99ec]B.o.B - Beast Mode - Video - YouTube[/ame]

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the Bobcats.

For all the fans of this team, don't worry, MKG will be back and he will be a great player in this league. I've been scouting draft picks for the Golden State Warriors my whole life and have never missed. MKG was the player I thought the Warriors needed most in 2012, but despite Harrison Barnes success that doesn't make me stop believing in Michael Kidd Gilchrist's talent.

There's a post (I believe) entitled "A Golden Opportunity" on the old ESPN forum, it'll take me too much time to look it up, but if you want to, inside is a list of all the draft prospects I've thought the Golden State Warriors should have picked on Draft Day for the last 15 years or so. Believe me if you take the time to look it up, you won't be disappointed.

The Bobcats are off to an impressive start in my eyes holding a record of 9-11 and OUR job is to figure out how to beat the #2 ranked defense in the NBA despite this injury... I'll have a little something tomorrow.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mullins, would you rather have MKG than Barnes? I think I remember reading in the offseason the Bobcats interested in trading him for Barnes.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today no, but thanks for asking.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was a huge MKG fan during the draft, he is the guy i wanted most, followed by Drummond and Barnes (of the players who might realistically be available to the Warriors). But it would be pretty hard for me to trade Barnes for him right now. Barnes has so much potential, whether he will ever fully tap that potential is an open question, but i wouldn't give up on him yet, unless we're trading him to get LeBron or something (yeah, right).

i think there's a pretty good possibility Dubs will get Douglas back for this game, though i haven't heard definitively yet. Iggy probably at least a week or two away still, though they shouldn't need him to win this game if they don't play lazy ball.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray has been hitting his shot with enough frequency of late, that I'd actually like to see him get the start over Barnes either tonight or at some point in the next few games. Two purposes - to show Dray some love and respect for his hard work and to keep other teams from locking down Klay quite so easily. Let's see Klay's defender stay with him while negotiating screens from both Dray and Bogut. I know Dray brings the energy off the bench, but Harrison would have to bring it instead, and I think he's well capable of it. Food for thought.

Despite heading home, Steph needs to take the same approach he took against Memphis in facilitating his teammates to start the game. And it seems that Speights has had a fire lit under his ass by one or some of the coaching staff. I wonder if the word "soft" was used?

Go Dubs!!!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray has been hitting his shot with enough frequency of late, that I'd actually like to see him get the start over Barnes either tonight or at some point in the next few games. Two purposes - to show Dray some love and respect for his hard work and to keep other teams from locking down Klay quite so easily. Let's see Klay's defender stay with him while negotiating screens from both Dray and Bogut. I know Dray brings the energy off the bench, but Harrison would have to bring it instead, and I think he's well capable of it. Food for thought.

Despite heading home, Steph needs to take the same approach he took against Memphis in facilitating his teammates to start the game. And it seems that Speights has had a fire lit under his ass by one or some of the coaching staff. I wonder if the word "soft" was used?

Go Dubs!!!

I think the only reason you won't see Green start over Barnes at any point is because Green's role is solidified on the bench. When AI comes back, that spot is automatically his and Barnes reverts back to the bench as well. Barnes is at least accustomed to starting with this first unit, as he did all of last season. But I definitely agree with the logic and Green is has been and will be an integral part of this team going forward.

I think Speights had a vision of how he would fit with this team and when it didn't happen I think he started to sulk. The last few games his body language has been significantly better and it looks like he's finally embraced that he's going to have to earn his minutes on the court. I'm glad this happened this early in the year. I think Speights can be productive, but he's got to learn how to fit on the team and what his role is.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason you won't see Green start over Barnes at any point is because Green's role is solidified on the bench. When AI comes back, that spot is automatically his and Barnes reverts back to the bench as well. Barnes is at least accustomed to starting with this first unit, as he did all of last season. But I definitely agree with the logic and Green is has been and will be an integral part of this team going forward.

I think Speights had a vision of how he would fit with this team and when it didn't happen I think he started to sulk. The last few games his body language has been significantly better and it looks like he's finally embraced that he's going to have to earn his minutes on the court. I'm glad this happened this early in the year. I think Speights can be productive, but he's got to learn how to fit on the team and what his role is.
Yeah, and actually an often more accurate view of how a coach values players is who finishes and not necessarily who starts, and I see Dray getting much crunch time. But, out of respect, I'd like to see him get a start or two this season.

Speights now understands that he needs to be more Dray-like in his approach to coming off the bench. Now he needs to start shooting from a foot or two closer to the basket and start hitting some of those to really make himself useful.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err...Favor to ask from my Dubacoholics, post include starting time with game, almost missed Tip Off today.

Dubs settling for too many jumpers. WCW not looking sharp. Bogut did have a nice 2 handed cut and dunk.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Bogut push the ball upcourt is weird, he always has the greenlight to do so, but I must rather have him pass it off.

How many times did Karl Malone bring the ball up for UTA?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay now 0-4 , CHA basically packs the paint, Dubs need the open shooters to hit some of these.

Will today be the day Douglas gets back on the court?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut with a great block, where are the rest of you, beer run?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUbs right back in this game 19-22

HB with a nice smooth crossover into a baseline jumper. Love it.

HB hasn't had many monster dunks this year, time to rename him the Black Osterich? Doesn't have the same effect.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas is on the court, this could spell the end of the Nedo minutes in the 1st half.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get home just in time to see Stephen Curry pick up his third foul and we're down 12... Make that 11. Start acting like every game is a playoff game Now.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense fuels offense, the Warriors have got to start fighting for every inch. Move their feet and communication is key.