• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walter Thurmond

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRC seems to constantly be the odd man out. Do you think he's kicking himself for turning down $50+ million from Denver? What an idiot. Let's see what he gets from the Jets.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only offered 1 year 2M? :L Hell I would have rather not signed Cook and gave Thurmond the 1 year 4 million he just got from the Giants.

Yes. Maiocco accidentally tweeted that and then deleted the tweet but not before myself and rotoworld saw it though. That should put him in hot water with his source.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. Not a great FA year for us. U think we would of grabbed someone with the new stadium and being a winning team. Oh well Draft time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. Not a great FA year for us. U think we would of grabbed someone with the new stadium and being a winning team. Oh well Draft time.

We re-signed Boldin, Dawson, replaced Whitner, and cut Rogers. I'm loving what we have done so far. Hell we probably get to roll over a large chunk of cap space into next year when it is a greater need anyway. Baalke and Maraathe are doing just fine.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cracks me up when fans expect teams to fill out the entire roster with name free agent acquisitions. We aren't the Raiders.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cracks me up when fans expect teams to fill out the entire roster with name free agent acquisitions. We aren't the Raiders.

Exactly! There are the usual suspects year in and year out that go crazy over FA and end up completely disappointed that we didn't go on a spending spree. The recent breakdown of this team and how it was built has shown us how little the team values going after high priced FA's in terms of building a team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money talks, not winning, I guess. If I were a player, my priorities would be in this order: starting, playing time, future contract stability, winning, and money. I think money would be a tie-breaker and a crazy high deal might mess up that order - but if the money is that much higher, I'd probably be starting and playing a lot and the money would negate some of the future contract need a bit. So, I guess money would come over winning only if blown away if all else (starting, time, and future contract) were equal. Winning would be a major consideration over similar money but less than starting/playing time.

Having said all that playing a role on a winning team versus starting on a loser would be difficult, especially if losing hurt the future contract and money side (QB). I'd start for 2 million over backup QB for 3 if I'm young enough to work for a new contract. I wouldn't be looking to be a stable backup versus a risky starter.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We re-signed Boldin, Dawson, replaced Whitner, and cut Rogers. I'm loving what we have done so far. Hell we probably get to roll over a large chunk of cap space into next year when it is a greater need anyway. Baalke and Maraathe are doing just fine.

Yes I like what Baalke does just wish we improved. I don't think we did. Only other way to improve is through the draft now. THe good think is Seattle lost some guys so maybe us staying the same is ok.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still can't believe Thurmond signed for the same exact money as Tarrell Brown. :what: