• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walter Thurmond

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond is set to visit the 49ers I believe today...He is 26 and 5-11. He played nickelback for the Hawks...I don't know about you guys, but I'd take him over T-Brown in a heartbeat...Seal the deal Baalke!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about weak link? Some argue that he played bettet than Browner after Browners injury

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's had a lot of injury issues, but when he's healthy I think he's pretty good. I'd be ok with this move pending the price. Biggest plus is he plays nickel.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He benefited from the Seahawks' tremendous pass rush, but I would rather have him than Brown because he is 3 years younger. I think he's an upgrade over Brown. I still think Niners need to draft a CB with their first two picks. I like Verrett because he can play against the slot receiver or the outside receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so so on this move if we land him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 1h
According to @PFF, QBs had 69.5 passer rating when targeting Walter Thurmond in the slot (229 snaps); vs. Carlos Rogers 73.9 on 428 snaps.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want this guy on our team really bad, will bring some toughness and with him and culliver and Brock I like those 3 and then wright can be the 4 and I'm sure we will draft a CB and WR with our first 2 picks

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Whew!

Thurmond
was better than Brandon Browner ever was IMO, and I hated it when he got a chance to start. He'd be the best CB the Niners have had in a long time. I have no problem going with him as one of the starting CBs.

That said, I'd prefer to sign a CB who got cut so it doesn't mess up the comp' pick formula; but I suppose that shouldn't be the first consideration.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our top 4 would be: Thurmond, Brock, Culliver, Wright. People forget but Culliver was set to have a big year, would be a good 4 DB's before the draft where I assume we use an early pick on one after we take a WR

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whew!

Thurmond
was better than Brandon Browner ever was IMO, and I hated it when he got a chance to start. He'd be the best CB the Niners have had in a long time. I have no problem going with him as one of the starting CBs.

That said, I'd prefer to sign a CB who got cut so it doesn't mess up the comp' pick formula; but I suppose that shouldn't be the first consideration.

I don't think we're in line to get much in the way of comp picks next year. Whitner didn't get a huge contract and is mostly offset by Bethea. Brown is about the only other FA of ours that's worth much of anything. I think we're better off to go after the FAs we want this year and then think about comp picks next year when we're realistically looking at losing at least one of Crabtree and Iupati.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think we're in line to get much in the way of comp picks next year. Whitner didn't get a huge contract and is mostly offset by Bethea. Brown is about the only other FA of ours that's worth much of anything. I think we're better off to go after the FAs we want this year and then think about comp picks next year when we're realistically looking at losing at least one of Crabtree and Iupati.

There's still Terrell Brown too. He could bump the pick(s) up a lil'.

I wouldn't expect a gluttony of picks next year, but some would be better than none.

Some > none. Yep; I'm full of wisdom.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's still Terrell Brown too. He could bump the pick(s) up a lil'.

I wouldn't expect a gluttony of picks next year, but some would be better than none.

Some > none. Yep; I'm full of wisdom.

I'm not familiar with Terrell Brown. Tarell Brown is still a FA, though. :rofl:

That emoticon isn't quite right, but I'm too lazy to come up with somethign better....

As things currently stand, I think we're looking at a 6th rounder at best. I wouldn't pass up signing the better player because of comp picks. This year, at least.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not familiar with Terrell Brown. Tarell Brown is still a FA, though. :rofl:

That emoticon isn't quite right, but I'm too lazy to come up with somethign better....

As things currently stand, I think we're looking at a 6th rounder at best. I wouldn't pass up signing the better player because of comp picks. This year, at least.

Imagine if that if that puny little 6th rounder became a big ol' monster 5TH rounder! :eyebrows:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as Thurmond played in the slot he was even better on the outside. He'd be an upgrade on Rogers in both areas plus he is younger.