• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walter Thurmond done for the season

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it turns out that losing Thurmond may not have mattered after all. He's gone for the year with a torn pectoral muscle according to NFL.com. Losing him and Browner was a pretty big hit, but Simon, Lane, and Maxwell were supposed to make up for it. So much for that.

I'm really not happy with our corner depth right now and it doesn't look like it will get any better for a couple more weeks. Who'd have thought we'd be missing Simon already? Anyone got Champ's phone number?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think that the corners were all that bad yesterday, it was more LBs and SS that hurt the most. The Seahawks played off the ball the entire game, even when it was apparent that San Diego wanted to run the clock and had little interest in big plays.

There's has been that "we're gonna miss these guys" attitude from some, but now with Thurmond out the season and Browner yet to see the field, we've gotten nearly as much play out of Lane and SImon as Thurmond and Browner have shown this year.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman looked the worst out of any yesterday. Then acted like a bitch after the game :L

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think that the corners were all that bad yesterday, it was more LBs and SS that hurt the most.

Agree 100%. I actually have liked what I have seen from Burley so far.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think that the corners were all that bad yesterday, it was more LBs and SS that hurt the most. The Seahawks played off the ball the entire game, even when it was apparent that San Diego wanted to run the clock and had little interest in big plays.

There's has been that "we're gonna miss these guys" attitude from some, but now with Thurmond out the season and Browner yet to see the field, we've gotten nearly as much play out of Lane and SImon as Thurmond and Browner have shown this year.

The corners were not the problem. Mostly Gates just made some great plays on the Seahawks LBs. Looks like the Seahawks made the right choice not to resign Thurmond, the guy just can't stay healthy. Dodge a bullet there. As for Browner, Lane is better IMO.

Injuries happen, better it's backups vs starters.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They couldn't cover the tight end, thats on the strong safety and linebackers, or whomever was assigned.