• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wall Street Journal's graph measuring strength and admirability.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping you could click the name to get info on why they say that. I don't agree that A&M is that much of a powerhouse, but also don't know why we are embarrassed. I guess this is just football too, otherwise Baylor should be down in the embarrassed area.

I think the writers or whoever made the graph is on crack. Some of them you can see why, like Oklahoma and it lists DGB. So what about him? If I were a Sooner fan that isn't what I would be embarrassed about and I'm not embarrassed for them either.

Meanwhile, at the same time they elevate Auburn? Ummm, do they realize that the starting QB for Auburn is not only a transfer due to him stealing crap, but also got busted for weed in the off season? And they elevate Auburn because they did better than people thought last year?

And Notre Dame breaks even on the line? Are they serious? Getting busted for academic cheating on the program is likely one of the most embarrassing things ever. And it happened last year with their star QB missing the season, then this year with more players and that's not even taking into account the Manti thing 2 years ago. Yet they don't move at all?

Graph is total trash.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G teams in ADMIRABLE - NW, WIS, MSU, IND, PUR, NEB, MIN, MICH, ILL, IOWA, OSU

B1G teams in POWERHOUSE - OSU, MSU, MICH, NEB, IOWA, PSU, NW, IND, MARY, MIN (borderline)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G teams in ADMIRABLE - NW, WIS, MSU, IND, PUR, NEB, MIN, MICH, ILL, IOWA, OSU

B1G teams in POWERHOUSE - OSU, MSU, MICH, NEB, IOWA, PSU, NW, IND, MIN (borderline)

This brings up another point. All these Big10 teams are in the admirable and not embarrassing? I'm pretty sure being in the Big10 should make them all embarrassed!

:dhd:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the writers or whoever made the graph is on crack. Some of them you can see why, like Oklahoma and it lists DGB. So what about him? If I were a Sooner fan that isn't what I would be embarrassed about and I'm not embarrassed for them either.

Meanwhile, at the same time they elevate Auburn? Ummm, do they realize that the starting QB for Auburn is not only a transfer due to him stealing crap, but also got busted for weed in the off season? And they elevate Auburn because they did better than people thought last year?

And Notre Dame breaks even on the line? Are they serious? Getting busted for academic cheating on the program is likely one of the most embarrassing things ever. And it happened last year with their star QB missing the season, then this year with more players and that's not even taking into account the Manti thing 2 years ago. Yet they don't move at all?

Graph is total trash.

The methodology is based on the teams Academic Progress Rate, recent history of NCAA violations, student and state support monetarily, number of offseason arrests, attendance last year, and overall "ick factor."

While ND has had embarrassing moments, they have no NCAA violations, a great APR, take no state money and I doubt much student money, no offseason arrests, max attendance, and no ick factor (I'd guess). So in reality they were punished heavily for Te'o and the recent academic issues, or else they'd be much higher on the chart.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The methodology is based on the teams Academic Progress Rate, recent history of NCAA violations, student and state support monetarily, number of offseason arrests, attendance last year, and overall "ick factor."

While ND has had embarrassing moments, they have no NCAA violations, a great APR, take no state money and I doubt much student money, no offseason arrests, max attendance, and no ick factor (I'd guess). So in reality they were punished heavily for Te'o and the recent academic issues, or else they'd be much higher on the chart.

Please tell me more about how great your APR is while having kids get caught cheating on Academics and how cheating on academics isn't a NCAA violation.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while cheating on academics, thus the rating is total bullshit.

I'm sure all schools could have such scores....if they cheated.

They get punished for cheating and then come back to get their degree. Obviously why we have the best APR, our student athletes are very devoted.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get punished for cheating and then come back to get their degree. Obviously why we have the best APR, our student athletes are very devoted.

Oh it's ok that they cheat, because when they get caught doing it they get punished.

:lol:

Nascar Dame

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's ok that they cheat, because when they get caught doing it they get punished.

:lol:

Nascar Dame

If it was okay they wouldn't get punished.....

That's a new one.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So UCF and ECU are considered "weaklings"

Yet, A&M, Michigan, Georgia, UNC and Florida are considered "powerhouses"

1260528522_itcrowd-facepalm.gif
You think otherwise. Explain.