• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waiver Drop Regrets

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got any? I did a pretty stupid one last week in one league, dropped Kendrys Morales for Profar in a non-keeper. It might benefit me later on in the season, but probably not the brightest move.

I've dropped a couple of good players this year for various reasons, but my one big regret so far is...good ol' Melky. I still don't buy into him 100 percent, but he's certainly looking good lately. At the very least, I should've held onto him for awhile longer. My best pickup so far might be Lorenzo Cain. He's kinda like Starling Marte Lite.

What's your Best/Worst so far?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it was to grab Jose Fernandez, I should have dropped someone other than Ortiz!!
Got lucky with MI pickups of Gyorko and Segura. Have I mentioned hating Dustin Ackley with the kind of hate normally reserved for Jesus Montero? There was a time not long ago, I could have swore Seattle had good times coming. I don't even want King Felix now, lest I'll have to pay attention to their games.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one that is still pending.

Let me preface this with the fact that this is only a 7 team league, thanks to an un-intentive commish that did not stump and pimp hard enough to fill the last 3 spots in an otherwise continuing league.

Anywho, I recently dumped Aramis Ramirez, on 5/17, the day of his 2 homer game. I did so, as his injuries seem to be lingering, and, as I was able to replace him with Manny Machado. No regrets yet, but I might.......

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll be alright there Dude... Machado can't keep THIS up, but it's obvious he's talented. Aram will probably never play on a Sunday, and will have many bumps along the way. Good move I think.

I dropped Smoak last week, and he hasn't had an 0-fer since! Can't see his power all of a sudden coming alive, after years of disappointment... but still... ahh fantasy, drop him/trash him, and he shall prevail... as evident when I called out Don Kelly and the wonderment that is his job in the MLB, (in rage due to Avisail Garcia sitting on the bench) ...that night he hit his first HR.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped Jose Fernandez in a non-keeper RIGHT before they upped his innings limit per game and he decides to have 3 very good games. Granted, his surrounding cast sucks, but he is a guy I wish I would've been more patient with. He could've been another piece of my championship team. :)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dropped dexter fowler when it looked like he was finally cooling off (thought he was regressing back to his norm).......then of course he has heated up a bit again

dropped him for moreland though so :thumb:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This drop wasn't donw by me, but by a fellow team owner in one of my leagues. He dropped Matt Moore just a few days ago to pick up Miguel Montero. I thought it was a mistake at first and wanted to see if he'd make a post on the league site saying he accidentally did it by mistake. Nope. So everyone put a claim in for him, obviously the dude near the top got him(the top 2 teams didn't put in a claim).

What a fool. I mentioned this after the fact and he said "ah well". Apparently he doesn't like winning.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got any? I did a pretty stupid one last week in one league, dropped Kendrys Morales for Profar in a non-keeper. It might benefit me later on in the season, but probably not the brightest move.

I've dropped a couple of good players this year for various reasons, but my one big regret so far is...good ol' Melky. I still don't buy into him 100 percent, but he's certainly looking good lately. At the very least, I should've held onto him for awhile longer. My best pickup so far might be Lorenzo Cain. He's kinda like Starling Marte Lite.

What's your Best/Worst so far?

Funny, I tried trading Bailey and Lorenzo Cain for Starling Marte but he said he doesnt like cain...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just dropped him right now, so no regrets yet, but I'm sure he'll revert back to his .300 ways very soon. Victor Martinez.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vmart homered today:suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the start of the season i dropped Chris Davis:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one that is still pending.

Let me preface this with the fact that this is only a 7 team league, thanks to an un-intentive commish that did not stump and pimp hard enough to fill the last 3 spots in an otherwise continuing league.

Anywho, I recently dumped Aramis Ramirez, on 5/17, the day of his 2 homer game. I did so, as his injuries seem to be lingering, and, as I was able to replace him with Manny Machado. No regrets yet, but I might.......

How can a league be active with an off number of teams? Is this just a points league or something like that? I really thought even on ESPN you needed an even number of teams.

No waiver wire doh's by me, but I was able to pick up David Ortiz!

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year I haven't had any bad ones. I got Cespedes off waivers as well as Ortiz and Headley thanks to injuries. Last year I dropped Dickey before the season. Two years ago I dropped Ian Kennedy before the season. Though, I some how got Kershaw off waivers the year he won Cy Young.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season i had minor smarja and lance lynn on my team... dropped them all when they struggled... to bad they became legit starters... my bad!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I can add Matt Joyce to this list!

Should be on the "best waiver claim" list, but...