• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wait are they gonna finally do it??

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where the Giants are trying to get the Dodgers top guy for their President position. Funny how nobody tries to vulture any of our guys...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should add Segura to that list. He has an affordable contract and he is still young enough to be part of a youth movement.

I read an article today talking about how he has burned bridges with every team he has been on including with M's after he refused to play in the A's series at the end of the season because he had a bruised shin. And then he made fun of Gordon to teammates after Gordon dropped a ball and that started the fight. Segura is not well liked among other players because they don't see him as a great teammate nor a real competitor. That has bugged me all season especially watching him jog to 1B even on plays he had a chance to beat out.

Unfortunately he can't be traded unless he approves the deal.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nothin says rebuild like holding on to 3 of the biggest trade chips you have let alone one is a closer

Oh im totally with you. Haniger and Marco I can somewhat get. Holding Diaz is one of the dumbest things you can do. Knowing the Mariners they probably want him to be the next Felix in terms of marketing him. I'm not saying give him away but if teams value him then you sell him at peak value.
I worry about holding onto any reliever too long. I hate the idea of pretending he's the next Mariano Rivera. The odds are heavily in favor of him not being that guy.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article today talking about how he has burned bridges with every team he has been on including with M's after he refused to play in the A's series at the end of the season because he had a bruised shin. And then he made fun of Gordon to teammates after Gordon dropped a ball and that started the fight. Segura is not well liked among other players because they don't see him as a great teammate nor a real competitor. That has bugged me all season especially watching him jog to 1B even on plays he had a chance to beat out.

Segura was a handpicked guy from Dipoto too on more then one occasion.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I hate analytics people running the sport, to me, you fill out the back end of the rotation, the situational guys in the bullpen and the bottom tier of your position players. Not construct your entire franchise around that philosophy. The Cubs and Astros are credited with using analytics during their rebuild but I firmly believe 99% of their success is because they got and developed all stars not because of playing the percentages.

Absolutely. They've developed almost no major league talent the last 20 years that remained with the team. If you want to know why they have the longest playoff drought in professional sports look no further. We are 3 years into to Dipoto im not sure how improved it is. Clearly he is already going with his plan B given he fired a bunch of scouts a few months ago.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros looking for starting pitching. They have the young talent to give up in a Paxton deal. I would trade him there in a big overpay.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was only aware of the issue with Gordon, I didn't know the reason for the discrepancy though.

That's really unfortunate that he's such an issue in the clubhouse.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco we kept for super cheap, that's the reason to keep him

True, but if you are doing a rebuild you need to get prospects. Generally smart teams that decide to fold it in have high priced players to sell off to get prospects back, none of the top paid players for the Mariners outside of Segura are even moveable.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros looking for starting pitching. They have the young talent to give up in a Paxton deal. I would trade him there in a big overpay.

If they were out of it we could have taken all of their top prospects and they would have won the WS with how much bullpen help they needed. But that kind of how it is with most of the playoffs teams needing pieces the Mariners are now willing to sell off.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Dipoto got the contract extension. Is he the one with the idea to clean house and start over? Did ownership make the decision? Dipoto already made a mess with all his earlier trades that doesn't look like a revamp was on his mind. Like others have alluded, Dipoto is not the guy I would trust to honcho a rebuild. Sometimes I think this organization doesn't know what the hell they want or what they are doing. 17 years of pussy footing around in MLB and Seattle still doesn't have a winning team? Not gonna hold my breath for anything this ownership group decides to play around with again. You either want a winning team or you don't. Quit screwing around and get serious or sell to owners who really want a winning team in Seattle.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand Diaz being off-limits.

1. Closers/relievers are a dime a dozen and if you ever need one you can always acquire one through free agency or trade. He also provides less value to us because we're not a contender.

2. Let's say the rebuild works and we're somehow competitive in 3 years. That's 3 years of Diaz throwing 100+ MPH for another 200 innings. I'm being pessimistic, but I'm uncertain that Diaz will be as good or better 3-6 years from now. His ridiculous save numbers inflate his value and he will never be as valuable as he is right now with his age and performance in 2018.

3. If we have a fire sale and keep Diaz, I can't see him having the value he has now in the middle of the season next year.

4. See number 1.

5. Check out number 4.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure sounds like someone is doing a little backpedaling...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is highly rude and I apologize, but does he not have I deserve to be punched in the face type of face?

A. Not rude at all
B. Yes
C. Again....Yes

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure sounds like someone is doing a little backpedaling...

Only the Mariners can have a GM on the hot seat months after he signed an extension and it’s now happened to the last two GMs. Just a complete cluster fuck of a front office. Handing out extensions not because they earned it but because you dont want to make yourself look bad for the original hire.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone surprised with how this organization continues to perform?? :nono: :L :noidea: