• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT won't clear Chaney to play

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer, just read that Chaney's career at VT is over before it even started as the school's staff won't clear him to play. I don't even have the words to express my dismay over this. Best of luck to the big guy.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely a bummer but at the same time I am happy the school isn't taking any chances with his life. Every year there are athletes who die because of heart conditions and it would be sad if he were to become one of them. A big blow to the team but i think it was the better decision.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wish him good health and good luck to where ever his life now takes him. I agree with Nick. It's best for all involved to look out in the best interest of the athlete. There was obviously concerns for his well-being.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I definitely agree. The health of the young man is way, way more important than trying to continue a basketball career. I'm just bummed it didn't work out. I guess I got excited when I first read that he had been cleared by an outside staff. Certainly didn't mean that as a slam to our staff or anything like that. And I do wish him the best.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn that sucks, i feel for the kid...health and safety first though, i hope for the best for him