• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: vs Detroit (Thanksgiving)

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like forever since we played on Thanksgiving.

No reason to think we win, other than the pilgrims didn't come here so that douche bag Lions fans would be happy.

Seriously though, I think we get routed.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no reason to think it will be a rout. This isn't the Packers are Patriots the Bears are playing. The Lions lost the last 2 games, and just barely won the 3 before that in the final minute. In one of those their kicker MISSED the fieldgoal in the final seconds, but he got another chance to kick it because of an OFFENSIVE penalty. Talk about luck. The Lions won that game on complete freak luck. The Lions are a decent team, but nothing more. This one should be a close game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't been great in Ford Field, and the Lions should be hungry for a win.

Points haven't been easy to come by for Detroit, and I don't think it will be a "route". But I think they dominate our offense and maintain complete control throughout the duration of the contest.

We'll probably lose 23-10 or 24-13, but it will be one of those; "it wasn't as close as it looked on the scoreboard." type of games.

But who knows? Maybe Detroit is in full blown panic mode, and keeps us in this one. Maybe this team has a little bit of confidence, shows up on both sides of the ball and pulls it out? Not impossible. If they pull this one out, they're kind of back in the talk in the NFC wild card. Pretty freaking insane to think of, given everything that's happened.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Stafford yesterday, he is not that good.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Stafford has had for a weapon is Golden Tate.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is doing their hiding act again.......I think we lose by less than 10.

It's definitely gonna come down to how well Jay plays.if he throws those critical moment nits,then it's a wash......
So I'm not counting on a win.

Detroit is no.1 against the run and Forte maybe more valuable coming out of the backfield for screen passes than he would rushing the ball.

But it should be a fun game to watch.......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Stafford has had for a weapon is Golden Tate.

I agree. I don't think they'll light the Bears up offensively. I think the quick turnaround from a sound thumping on the road in NE, while the Bears have won two straight bodes well for the Bears as well.

Say what you want about the competition they've seen, but the Bears kind of beat the hell out of the past two QB's they've seen. While also doing well against the run. Right now, Detroit doesn't necessarily look light years better than those two teams offensively either.

My problem with this game just starts and stops with this offense going up against Detroit's top defense. Every week you just keep thinking "well, sooner or later something is going to break and they'll have a big game"… Well, if not vs MIN or TB at home… when?

I swear, if they come out the first drive with pre-snap penalties and/or a three and out. I'll lose it. All I ask from this team on Thursday is to give themselves a fair chance and not kill themselves. Probably too tall of a task.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the D seems to be playing better versus bad Offenses, I'm not sure that the Lion's O is that bad. The Bear O has been horrific, mainly due to bad O line play, the very thing you probably can't have v. the Lions.

I'm not liking the Bears chances, but hey, any given team, any given day.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the D seems to be playing better versus bad Offenses, I'm not sure that the Lion's O is that bad. The Bear O has been horrific, mainly due to bad O line play, the very thing you probably can't have v. the Lions.

I'm not liking the Bears chances, but hey, any given team, any given day.

Yup. Terrible matchup offensively for the Bears.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-24 Bears. Offense shows up. Det spirals to 8-8. Our offense will play 4 qtrs this week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-24 Bears. Offense shows up. Det spirals to 8-8. Our offense will play 4 qtrs this week.

Jeez. 38? I'd kill for 38, but that seems like a pipe dream. Not only does our offense look god awful, we're seeing one of the best defensive fronts in football with an O-line that just got absolutely wrecked by Tampa Bay.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't truly believe it... but it's possible they could win this one. The Bears are a dome team. The giant, slow, plodding WR's seemed to get some separation with a faster surface. The young LB's are not too bright, but they can run. Forte can run... It looks like our new KR/PR can run.

Putting all my eggs in the surface of the field, probably isn't the best idea...but if it keeps me away from the crazy family for a few hours. Great. If it's a blowout, Mom's going to want me to do some yard work or something- so COME on BEARS! LOL.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a lot of points, for both teams.

Lions haven't given up 38 all year. Haven't scored 24 in a month and a half.

If Cutler has time, like Brady did, I don't doubt your offense more than shows up.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Cutler has time, like Brady did, I don't doubt your offense more than shows up.

The Bears O line isnt nearly as good of a PB unit of last season. I also think this is a bad matchup. I hope Cutler is prepared to exit the pocket often. Long may hold up his end of the bargain, but I have a feeling the interior part of the Bears o line is going to get severely pushed around. I still cant shake the image of Brian DLP completely whiffing the block on Gerald McCoy that led to Cutler getting blindsided. Needless to say, that cant happen against that Lions D line.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think you've seen a line that can't block, wait till you punt to us on Thursday afternoon.
I fear Jared Allen and Willie Young might kill Matt Stafford. (Like Peppers did a few years back). If Riley Reif can't play, or goes down mid game, it's one of the worst tackle tandems there is.

I can understand why people are concerned about Detroits defensive front. And I don't see Forte controlling the game on the ground. But my concerns as a Lion fan aren't much different.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I feel this way. As a Bear fan I expect the unexpected. If we were playing the worst def, I would expect to get shut down. There is no chance we score 38, there for I expect we will. The only constant is we won't do what is expected.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question is, will the early start make you eat more turkey or less?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 38-24 is highly unlikely, I see a 21-14 type game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think you've seen a line that can't block, wait till you punt to us on Thursday afternoon.
I fear Jared Allen and Willie Young might kill Matt Stafford. (Like Peppers did a few years back). If Riley Reif can't play, or goes down mid game, it's one of the worst tackle tandems there is.

I can understand why people are concerned about Detroits defensive front. And I don't see Forte controlling the game on the ground. But my concerns as a Lion fan aren't much different.

That makes sense then. I haven't watched the Lions much this season, only the week one MNF game and the win vs GB. Both in which they looked great in, I thought. I saw the end of the Miami game.

I had been wondering what was causing so much problems for Detroit offensively, and I figured it had to be the O-line. The Bears pass rush has been very good the past two weeks against a couple of weaker teams, so perhaps another matchup with a subpar offensive line could possibly keep them in this one. However, like mentioned above, I have a bad feeling that offensively for the Bears, this could be reminiscent of the 2011 Monday Night football game at Ford Field where Cutler was used as a human tackling dummy. I don't think they'll be able to run much either, which makes matters worse.

I have a hard time envisioning the Bears winning this football game.