• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vontaze Burfict

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apparently he had a horrible pro day to go with his horrible combine. Reports indicate his interviews were poor as well as his physical performance.

I believe I read somewhere that up to 19 teams have declared him "undraftable."

At what point, if at all, would you consider drafting him?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th to 7th round...he acts as if he owns a red flag company. His talent is too great to allow him to go undrafted but as a 6th-7th rounder, he is shown that he is on a VERY short leash with a minimal contract.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing all these reports i still would give a 5th rounder for him. Watched quite a few ASU games and i still think he has RAW talent that harbaugh and company could fix.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's got a $.02 head. I wouldn't play him ahead of Willis, Bowman or Grant, pass. Rather focus on a return man or OL depth in the later rounds.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seeing as how he's clearly a character from a Charles Dickens novel - they don't name people "Vontaze Burfict" in real life - I would definitely not draft him.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB, he is exactly the kind of risk in the very later rounds that could preserve our defense. When Bowman comes up for FA and wants a Willis-like contract, we could potentially have a guy making a fraction of that contract with the same amount of talent on the roster, ready to take over if Harbaugh can screw this guy's head on straight.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how bad is bad? this is something new, nothing spoken in the OP mentioned off field issues to be tagged undraftable but actual pro day display/interview?

that's a first for me personally, what happen if details are available?

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dre, there are certain people on this team that are expendable. Bowman is not one of them. Burfict will NEVER be Navorro Bowman. I understand your point, I'm just not in agreement.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dre, there are certain people on this team that are expendable. Bowman is not one of them. Burfict will NEVER be Navorro Bowman. I understand your point, I'm just not in agreement.

I respectfully disagree. Can you honestly say that our salary cap can handle two ILB making making over 10 mil per year? Willis is not expendable. Bowman, when contract time arises, may be. Time will tell with regards to production, but if I had my choice between Bowman or Willis, I am picking Willis 10 times out of 10. Letting a guy like Bowman walk/put him up for trade with a talent like Burfict waiting in the wings is exactly how dynasties sustain itself. Think Montana/Young. You go with the younger/cheaper option if that option shows that he can handle the responsibilities of the incumbent.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I respectfully disagree. Can you honestly say that our salary cap can handle two ILB making making over 10 mil per year? Willis is not expendable. Bowman, when contract time arises, may be. Time will tell with regards to production, but if I had my choice between Bowman or Willis, I am picking Willis 10 times out of 10. Letting a guy like Bowman walk/put him up for trade with a talent like Burfict waiting in the wings is exactly how dynasties sustain itself. Think Montana/Young. You go with the younger/cheaper option if that option shows that he can handle the responsibilities of the incumbent.

"Talent like Burfict"? The guy couldn't break the 5 second mark in the 40 at the combine. He came across as having a bad attitude to go with the fact that he is lazy and he isn't that good. If we were to replace Bowman at some point I would think Grant would be that guy.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB, have you watched him play or are you simply taking his combine numbers, which are admittedly horrible? If you have watched him play, the guy is a 1st/2nd round talent with a $.02 head. Hence, his lack of preparation for the Combine and his overall bad attitude. But if you look at his game tape, you can see that the guy has talent oozing out his ass!

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've seen plenty of Burfict. I remember him from his Cenntenial HS days. I remember he committed then decomitted from USC, then struggled to get eligible. He also constantly played out of position in college. He either struggled to grasp his assignments or didn't care. Either way I don't want him. He's always been flaky. He's not dedicated to the game IMO and will struggle being a pro. At the combine he ran a 5.1 40 and had a 30" vert. Very unimpressive. I'd rather try and find the next Heitmann or Finnegan in the late rounds than draft this knucklehead.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough...I disagree, especially in the later rounds, assuming that Harbaugh would sign off on the drafting of this guy. But I totally understand your position and where you are coming from with it.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ILB is not a priority need for the Niners... I would see how the draft goes and if he is not drafted, try to get him into camp as an undrafted free agent... Could be a ST candidate

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the NCAA/College football thread there were mentions early in the year of making him a 3-4 OLB (pass rusher)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give up a 6th rounder for him. He really doesn't provide anything for us except in a back up type role. With Bowman, Willis, and Grant he could add some nice depth while learning from the best.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Burfict is nuttier than squirrel shit...

That said, he plays faster then his combine times would indicate. He has a natural feel for tracking the ball. At the end of the day I'm not sure anyone can actually help him. He just seems to be off, which leads to his attitude problems...

BTW, USC pulled his scholarship offer because of his in-balance. But they let the kid "decommit" publicly so he could save face and land a scholarship with another school...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we still have Grant on the team?

I would add Burfict in the 5th and up... could be the next ahmad brooks for us.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wouldn't even bring him in as an UDFA. The one thing this guy had going for him was his supposed great athletic ability. He ran a 4.93 at the combine, and he put up 16 reps in the bench press.

Now all he has going for him is being infamous for penalties.

Undisciplined + athletic = a young Ahmad Brooks.
Undisciplined + unathletic = Maurice Clarett

Last edited by a moderator: