• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vontaze Burfict

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burfict is nuttier than squirrel shit...

That said, he plays faster then his combine times would indicate. He has a natural feel for tracking the ball. At the end of the day I'm not sure anyone can actually help him. He just seems to be off, which leads to his attitude problems...

BTW, USC pulled his scholarship offer because of his in-balance. But they let the kid "decommit" publicly so he could save face and land a scholarship with another school...

Good insight. I did not know that about the decommit. I wouldn't even say Burfict plays fast. I think he's a former 5 star prospect that got WAAAAAYYY too much hype in H.S.. Now that the microscope is out he's being exposed. Dude's a bum.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's that bad, maybe it would be a good idea to let him go undrafted to give him a wake-up call, didn't Boone say that not being drafted shocked him into reality and all that jazz? Something about that moment being the one where he dug in and started to better himself?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Plays with great intensity. Intimidating presence on the field. Is passionate about the game. However, he lets emotions get the best of him on the field, which has led to entirely too many personal foul penalties. Maturity and self-discipline are being studied closely throughout the process. Described by NFL scouts' as a 'loose cannon', 'head case' and 'undisciplined'. Reportedly was flagged for 17 personal fouls in 35 games played at ASU. In 2010, did not start Washington game after head-butting OSU QB Ryan Katz and was called for a personal foul. In 2011, was benched during Cal game after being called for two personal fouls. Was not allowed to start in MAACO Bowl (undisclosed reasons). "

ESPN's take on him

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he's that bad, maybe it would be a good idea to let him go undrafted to give him a wake-up call, didn't Boone say that not being drafted shocked him into reality and all that jazz? Something about that moment being the one where he dug in and started to better himself?

I don't think it is as simple as growing up. Or waking up one day and deciding to put alcoholism behind you. From everything I've read or even researched on Vontaze over the years, many believe he is mentally in-balanced. Whether he needs to take perscription drugs to regulate himself or if he just needs therapy (or even both) he will always have this battle within himself. I'm not saying he can't get it under control, but he has a long road ahead of himself if he wants to fully get his problems under complete control...

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one know anything about this guy's past?

After reading this thread I am willing to bet this guy didn't have a dad growing up or at least a dad that was never there to support him. I am also willing to bet he never had much support from his mom as well, because of this neglect that he was feeling it made him highly insecure which causes him to become self destructive. He probably had a anxious-ambivalent attachment style growing up, this attachment style developed into a Dismissive attachment (I'm okay but your not okay) as an adult.

Anyone know anything about him? I am curious to see if these psychology classes are paying off lol

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy thought the world was handed to him when he was in high school. People were already dubbing him as the next Ray Lewis his senior year. Obviously it got to his head and he stopped working. He was much more explosive as a freshman than he was as a junior. It's really hard to explain.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy thought the world was handed to him when he was in high school. People were already dubbing him as the next Ray Lewis his senior year. Obviously it got to his head and he stopped working. He was much more explosive as a freshman than he was as a junior. It's really hard to explain.

One word: Complacency

I totally agree with your assessment of him. He IS far better and more athletic then he currently measures. I would agree with Clyde that it's really hard to explain. I know he CAN be a stud. He has just fallen far off the path of what he could be, spiraling closer to being a cautionary tale on what NOT to do as a 5 star prospect. I don't think his decision to go to ASU helped any as he was the best player ASU has had since Suggs.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a team like the Eagles take a chance at him. Even with the addition of Ryans, they are hurting for LBs.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FEAR THE FORK!!!

He's undisciplined but very talented. Plays with a lot of emotion, but that can go bad.

As Sickness pointed out, he looks like a young Ahmad Brooks. I watched all the games this season and he's a great team player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As Sickness pointed out, he looks like a young Ahmad Brooks. I watched all the games this season and he's a great team player.

You missed my point. Ahmad Brooks was extremely fast & quick for a guy his size whem he was young. Burfict is not. The one thing he had going for him was his supposed amazing athletic ability. But after looking pathetic at the combine and in position drills he didn't show enough upside to make one forget about the lack of self control he exudes.

I think he'll make an NFL roster, but I wouldn't waste my time with him if I were the Niners.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You missed my point. Ahmad Brooks was extremely fast & quick for a guy his size whem he was young. Burfict is not. The one thing he had going for him was his supposed amazing athletic ability. But after looking pathetic at the combine and in position drills he didn't show enough upside to make one forget about the lack of self control he exudes.

I think he'll make an NFL roster, but I wouldn't waste my time with him if I were the Niners.

He's still good, and I'd still take a hard look at him in the 6th round.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not use a late round pick on him? If he pans out, Niners get a steal. If not, it's not a big loss.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He carries himself similarly to Bowman - got a bit of pitbull in him. Needs to get more explosive though from the highlights I saw. It's like he's about to jump off the screen but can't quite do it. Wouldn't mind taking a late round stab at him, especially in this draft. We could use a backup at ILB anyway.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he cant read and think his last name is perfect. Thus why he doesnt give a shit lol.

Id pick him in the 5-7 round

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Once again, he's having a pretty good season thus far in 2013. I like him better than Michael Wilhoite.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, he's having a pretty good season thus far in 2013. I like him better than Michael Wilhoite.

As you can read in this thread, I was a big fan of his in terms of taking a chance on a guy with that much talent. He was a low risk/high reward type of prospect that I love looking at in later rounds/UDFA.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ILB is the last of our worries, even with Patrick out

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. Some guys were EXTREMELY wrong about this dude. This further proves that 40 times aren't everything.