• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vontaze burfict

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Crash overlooks is the fact that Burshit managed to injure our three most important offensive players in a single season...a feat unmatched by ANY Steeler against ANY other team.

Consequently, that creature has earned a special place in our hearts. I look forward to seeing one of our offensive lineman stand him up next season, while another one "accidentally" falls into his knees from the front or side.

And yet, 3 of the "hits" were clean and legal.

Burfict probably could have pulled up on the AB hit, but AB did lower his head into a "legal" target area. Splitting hairs, I know. He deserved the flag, and got it.

As for Bell and Ben...hits were clean. Sure, Burfict got up and danced after the Bell hit. It looks bad regardless if he did it knowing he was hurt or not. However, Mitchell did the same thing on a massive hit to Jones later in the same game. Hard to point to one without pointing out the other.

All in all, I feel the NFL failed both teams. This was the same ref crew that failed to keep the game in check in their 2nd meeting, and the NFL assigned them again. This game got way out of control, and had way too much emotion going on to not have it reigned in much earlier than it was attempted by the Refs. It's like in basketball when nothing is a foul for the first 25 minutes of the game, and the final 5 minutes are nothing but fouls. Players don't have time to adjust at that point. Unfair to both teams.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, 3 of the "hits" were clean and legal.

Burfict probably could have pulled up on the AB hit, but AB did lower his head into a "legal" target area. Splitting hairs, I know. He deserved the flag, and got it.

As for Bell and Ben...hits were clean. Sure, Burfict got up and danced after the Bell hit. It looks bad regardless if he did it knowing he was hurt or not. However, Mitchell did the same thing on a massive hit to Jones later in the same game. Hard to point to one without pointing out the other.

All in all, I feel the NFL failed both teams. This was the same ref crew that failed to keep the game in check in their 2nd meeting, and the NFL assigned them again. This game got way out of control, and had way too much emotion going on to not have it reigned in much earlier than it was attempted by the Refs. It's like in basketball when nothing is a foul for the first 25 minutes of the game, and the final 5 minutes are nothing but fouls. Players don't have time to adjust at that point. Unfair to both teams.

how did he "lower his head"

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did he "lower his head"
If you watch it, you can see that it appears that Brown sees Burfict coming, and in an instinctive move, he lowers his head.

I'm not faulting AB at all on this.

However, it makes you helpless as a defender when you do everything 100% right, and can still be guilty because the WR lowers his head into a legal target area.

Again, I am not faulting Brown on this at all. You can also argue that Burfict may have had time to pull up and avoid the hit all together, and that is a valid argument. However, if Burfict simply makes contact with brown's mid-section, I doubt the flag is thrown.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be on drugs if you think anyone who is playing full speed jumps for a ball and in the span of literally less than2 seconds, decides to lower his head, because he sees someone peripherally coming , is even capable of that quick action, thought, and processing of info, ab must be superman, take go the homer and conspiracy glasses, it's just not physically possible, perhaps momentum carried him of the bengals defenders on him. But yeah he reacted to the pass, the defenders on him, burfict, and tjought to
Lower his head in 1.5 seconds

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch it, you can see that it appears that Brown sees Burfict coming, and in an instinctive move, he lowers his head.

I'm not faulting AB at all on this.

However, it makes you helpless as a defender when you do everything 100% right, and can still be guilty because the WR lowers his head into a legal target area.

Again, I am not faulting Brown on this at all. You can also argue that Burfict may have had time to pull up and avoid the hit all together, and that is a valid argument. However, if Burfict simply makes contact with brown's mid-section, I doubt the flag is thrown.
Wait hanging a shoulder is 100% right? What tackle form is that?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait hanging a shoulder is 100% right? What tackle form is that?
As long as you don't lead with the crown of your helmet, you can lead with your shoulder, but can't make contact with the head/neck area.

Burfict chicken winged him for sure, but the hit would have hit him in the gut/chest area had AB's head not dropped down.

Per the rule as it is, it was called 100% correct.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it's still physical and neurologically impossible to react to all of that in that amount if time.

Play it how u want, it's impossible.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also answer me this, so hanging a shoulder is ok right? I'll agree. If Browns head isn't lowered why is he hanging a shoulder? He would of then missed completely since he was moving laterally.... N would of missed his head, you claim he would of hit him in the chest. That's false he wasn't squared up. So then y did burfict stick his shoulder out?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your arguing kinesiology with the wrong person....

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument about AB lowering his head is interesting.

But of course, Bernard did the same thing just before Shazier hit him. I've studied the collision multiple times, in slow motion, and it's unmistakable. In fact, if Shazier hadn't moveded his own head a bit in response, his helmet would have hit Bernard squarely in the facemask. Because of that slight adjustment, he delivered a glancing blow; most of the impact was with Bernard's right shoulder pad.

And as long as I'm on the subject, Shazier didn't "launch," as some Cinci fans and at least one announcer claimed. He ran straight in, opened his arms wide, and closed them around Bernard as he made contact. His clear intent was to make a proper tackle, wrapping him up and taking him down. The collision was unfortunate, but incidental.

I will say, however, that the subsequent celebration was unsportsmanlike. Perhaps he was celebrating what he thought was a touchdown, rather than the collision itself...but still, dancing around when an opponent was down showed a serious lack of class. I hope someone from the front office tells him not to act like that again.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean maybe because of my job i know about human motion, and reaction times etc, i dont know how anyone can think brown lowered his head

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that these coals in this blazing furnace need any fuel... but...

Vontaze Burfict on Antonio Brown hit: "If I wasn't number 55, I wouldn't have got flagged."

Burfict's quotes:

"I play hard. Sometimes it gets me in trouble," he said. "My style of play is aggressive, and [the game has] changed, and I have to change with it, and that play right there, I think if I wasn't number 55, I wouldn't have got flagged."

"I tried to pull up at the last second, but it was obviously too late -- it's a bang-bang play," Burfict said.

"Like I told coach Lewis, I wish I could take that play back because I probably would've hit him low," Burfict said in his first public comments about the incident. "I don't like hitting low, but I have to change because it's getting flags because I hit him high or hit him in the helmet, and it's so hard to determine where to hit the offender because they're gonna tuck their body, and you have to pretty much tuck with them."

What an asshat. There's a very big difference between playing hard/aggressive and just being straight up dirty. Is that really how he's going to explain himself when he's been caught twisting ankles & punching grown men in the nuts? Get over yourself... If he didn't carry such a dirty rep then I could maybe understand it being a "bang-bang" play. But no... just no.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that these coals in this blazing furnace need any fuel... but...

Vontaze Burfict on Antonio Brown hit: "If I wasn't number 55, I wouldn't have got flagged."

Burfict's quotes:

"I play hard. Sometimes it gets me in trouble," he said. "My style of play is aggressive, and [the game has] changed, and I have to change with it, and that play right there, I think if I wasn't number 55, I wouldn't have got flagged."

"I tried to pull up at the last second, but it was obviously too late -- it's a bang-bang play," Burfict said.

"Like I told coach Lewis, I wish I could take that play back because I probably would've hit him low," Burfict said in his first public comments about the incident. "I don't like hitting low, but I have to change because it's getting flags because I hit him high or hit him in the helmet, and it's so hard to determine where to hit the offender because they're gonna tuck their body, and you have to pretty much tuck with them."

What an asshat. There's a very big difference between playing hard/aggressive and just being straight up dirty. Is that really how he's going to explain himself when he's been caught twisting ankles & punching grown men in the nuts? Get over yourself... If he didn't carry such a dirty rep then I could maybe understand it being a "bang-bang" play. But no... just no.

Piece of shit. He's simply nothing more than a piece of shit wearing a striped football jersey

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my opinions about what was dirty and what wasn't but I will say from my playing days that even when you have more than enough time to adjust when going to hit another player, sometimes you commit and there is nothing changing your decision. Flag or not. All I am saying is I can understand where Burfect is coming from if he is being honest.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now the NFL says that Munch did nothing wrong

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do anything wrong.

Nothing special about pulling hair. It's not considered anything but uniform.

And the tussle was 2 parts. First part was Munch trying to help Nelson by catching him. Second part was holding him back from trying to get in the player's face.

If he had just turned around and went back to his huddle, nothing happens there.

Good on the league to realize that.