• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vogelbach to break camp with Mariners - congrats to Danny !

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article here

Daniel Vogelbach to make Mariners roster

Its nice to see hard work payoff and a young kid get recognition for posting up really impressive numbers

I have never been that big on him in the past as his defensive abilities at 1st make him a liability in the field.

But the way he is swinging the hot bat right now ... you gotta ride him while hes hot.

Good insurance for Healy who may develop more hand problems ... and as another person mentioned here: good insurance for a DH spot if a contending team picks up Cruz mid season with a nice offer

Maybe we are 5 games above .500 at the ASB and make a move then with a still hot Dan V ??

as for the article mentioning Ichiro ... I hope they send him packing. He is nothing more than a distraction

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ..a healy/vogelbach.1B does seem ok from a platoon point of view as well

but they want to go with a 8 man bull pen.. which means vogelbach will probably go down when healy comes back
god value in vogel and motter..for mariners anyway

as long as he keeps improving i don't see them trading him.cuz he fits right in ...for now
and pitching is the problem.. starting with bull pen at AA and high a

i am looking for them to draft..starter then relief then starter then relief..just like 1,2,3,4,,..
and.. if depoto trades..a few of the lower draft picks could be involved
but i think hev will be more methodical..from here on out

ichi=scrachy

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ..a healy/vogelbach.1B does seem ok from a platoon point of view as well

but they want to go with a 8 man bull pen.. which means vogelbach will probably go down when healy comes back
god value in vogel and motter..for mariners anyway

as long as he keeps improving i don't see them trading him.cuz he fits right in ...for now
and pitching is the problem.. starting with bull pen at AA and high a

i am looking for them to draft..starter then relief then starter then relief..just like 1,2,3,4,,..
and.. if depoto trades..a few of the lower draft picks could be involved
but i think hev will be more methodical..from here on out

ichi=scrachy

Agree

You have to get regular at bats when you are coming off such a strong spring to keep your timing going

BP and other bullshit at bats do not factor in like game ABs

side note*

today we have our full blown season lineup in vs the SD Padres and we have commited 2 errors in 2 innings ?

Seager boots a ball at 3rd and Heredia does not make a catch on a fly ball he clearly should ??

Nothing I despise more than sloppy play in the field - its a surefire way to give up runs that will cost you the ballgame

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way..vogey and motter will be up and down from tacoma IMO..those are there first guys up, that are not pitchers
and with zych gone,and armstrong gone, they do not look as deep as they did before spring..but depoto will work that waiver wire ...lololol

agreed on sloppy..lolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad ..armstrong got outrighted to tacoma..so only -zych and +bradford so...my bad

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he’s up here I’m hoping Vogelbach gets a lot of ABs. Not just one or two starts a week. It’s time to find out for sure if he can play

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he’s up here I’m hoping Vogelbach gets a lot of ABs. Not just one or two starts a week. It’s time to find out for sure if he can play

If Servais was smart he would stick Vogelbach in every single RH pitcher start. And maybe a lefty or 2 1st few weeks while he is obvious swinging the hot bat.

If he stays as hot as he is let Healys sore little pinky take as long as he wants for it to heal up

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing is Kluber is a righty so Danny gets the start on Opening night you would think.
That has to make him feel great

We cannot edit a post on this board ?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Servais was smart he would stick Vogelbach in every single RH pitcher start. And maybe a lefty or 2 1st few weeks while he is obvious swinging the hot bat.

If he stays as hot as he is let Healys sore little pinky take as long as he wants for it to heal up
That's a no brainer for Servais to put Vogelbach in for RH starts-especially while he's on a roll but it's Scotty so who know what the hell he will end up doing. The worse thing would be for Vogelbach to used inconsistently because we all pretty much know what would happen if he's benched too much.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing is Kluber is a righty so Danny gets the start on Opening night you would think.

you have a certain amount of time before the edit button goes away

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have a certain amount of time before the edit button goes away

I am not seeing an edit button anywhere

I think my acct is so new there is not an edit option for me yet ?

Cannot correct typos or add content via edit ... PITA

Just found the edit button pencil dealio bottom left corner :L

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanna say you have 5 minutes to edit a post

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not seeing an edit button anywhere

I think my acct is so new there is not an edit option for me yet ?

Cannot correct typos or add content via edit ... PITA

Just found the edit button pencil dealio bottom left corner :L

It will be under your Mariners/Reds/Seahawks logos for about 5 minutes after you post. One symbol (a pencil) with be for edit and the other symbol (a red circle with a dash) will be for delete.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know teams are into platoon but I wonder if there is any thought of giving Vogelbach the Lion's share. IMO you can't have him rake the ball in spring just to platoon him. I'm all for letting Healy be the 1B/3B backup

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know teams are into platoon but I wonder if there is any thought of giving Vogelbach the Lion's share. IMO you can't have him rake the ball in spring just to platoon him. I'm all for letting Healy be the 1B/3B backup

I seem to be a bit higher on Healy than most. His OBP is concerning, but he has good marks in the other more traditional statistics.

I could see Vogelbach also getting time at DH. Not sure what Vogelbach's splits are versus righties/lefties - baseball reference doesn't seem to list those splits and I'm too lazy to dig deeper to find them - but Healy has a career .314/.343/.543 line against lefties as opposed to .271/.304/.456 against righties.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to be a bit higher on Healy than most. His OBP is concerning, but he has good marks in the other more traditional statistics.

I could see Vogelbach also getting time at DH. Not sure what Vogelbach's splits are versus righties/lefties - baseball reference doesn't seem to list those splits and I'm too lazy to dig deeper to find them - but Healy has a career .314/.343/.543 line against lefties as opposed to .271/.304/.456 against righties.

I agree completely with your DH theory (as I think that is his future) but Cruz has that locked down and when he isn't starting I'd prefer them to move Cano there. He was terrible defensively at the end of the year IMO.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely with your DH theory (as I think that is his future) but Cruz has that locked down and when he isn't starting I'd prefer them to move Cano there. He was terrible defensively at the end of the year IMO.

I can't recall any changes in Cano's defense, but I'll take your word for it. He still looked really smooth to me for most of the season. Although I do agree I'd like to see Cano get time at DH simply because he is aging.

Cruz's bat is also just so valuable it's hard to justify giving him days off when all he does is DH. Can't imagine DHing 160 games takes too much of a toll on one's body.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually surprised we having dealt Cruz for a SP. His value is at its highest and he isn't the future and we have a few DH options. None are at his level, but he this is most likely his last year here.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they will resign cruz..and keep vogelbach stacked at tacoma..at least until he will be out of options..then they will have to make a decision ..but i do not think they will unless they have to...cuz depoto is all about depth

that said...i think the reason they do not trade for a SP or sign one is they cant trade hernandez..with ten years in
and two to go(that includes this one)