• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 247 profile shows him as a WR - 6'3 200 lbs. Looks like he is very quick from a highlight I saw...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 247 profile shows him as a WR - 6'3 200 lbs. Looks like he is very quick from a highlight I saw...

Yes, raw QB prospect at best, but he looks big enough and quick enough for an offer. I think we recruit about 5-10 "Quarterbacks" a year and probably tell all of them they'll get a look at the spot... even if that's a passing glance and they get moved to DB, WR, etc. in less than a week.

How many of the guys on the current roster were QBs? Bucky for sure, wasn't Fuller playing QB also? I've always though of H.S. QB as like the lead-off spot in H.S. baseball... you put your best bat (best athlete) there so they get the max ABs (touches) each game, regardless if the spot is a fit or not.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids google themselves so Sweat might come across this topic. So I'm speaking to Sweat right now. Did you see all dem sacks? They could be yours. Bud Foster will make it yours.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Hokies land Taylor and Sweat to go along with Hill? They're all listed as WDE....is three too many? I assume one of them will switch to SDE.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Hokies land Taylor and Sweat to go along with Hill? They're all listed as WDE....is three too many? I assume one of them will switch to SDE.

I'm sure we'd find a spot for all of them. SDE, LB, Kicker, whatever.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Shane Beamer's radio interview yesterday, more than 1 currently committed recruit have reached out to the Hokies this week. Any idea who he is talking about?

Also, what is the latest on our OL recruiting. This is still a major area of need in my mind and depth will be an issue next year.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Shane Beamer's radio interview yesterday, more than 1 currently committed recruit have reached out to the Hokies this week. Any idea who he is talking about?

Also, what is the latest on our OL recruiting. This is still a major area of need in my mind and depth will be an issue next year.

Obviously Tolliver is a committed recruit who is considering us. Other than that Clelin Ferrell has been mentioned as a possibility. Austin Clark would be nice, but not counting on it.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw on twitter that Burrell might be visiting again for the Miami game. Also looked like JJ Givens will be and appeared to convince Deberry to come along with him.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:whistle:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="">September 11, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on twitter that Burrell might be visiting again for the Miami game. Also looked like JJ Givens will be and appeared to convince Deberry to come along with him.

I can't figure out Burrell. How does he not include VT in his final list, yet continues to attend VT games and comment on VT on twitter. Burrell seems to be in good with several other VT targets, so maybe there is still a chance there.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure out Burrell. How does he not include VT in his final list, yet continues to attend VT games and comment on VT on twitter. Burrell seems to be in good with several other VT targets, so maybe there is still a chance there.

Or he could be poisoning our well...

Hard to read the minds of 17/18 year old kids, even when they put everything they do online for all to see. In Burrell's case I agree with you, his actions don't seem to support his VT-less final list, but we could be reading into things too much.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard to read the minds of 17/18 year old kids, even when they put everything they do online for all to see. In Burrell's case I agree with you, his actions don't seem to support his VT-less final list, but we could be reading into things too much.

I think you give them the benefit of the doubt. That Ohio State game was pretty impressive...