• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the new Rivals ratings, Hood and Street jumped up to 5* status. Bates and Cornwell are both up from low 4* (5.8) to high 4* (6.0).

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Hand
4. Blanding
6. Brown
12. Hood
14. Street
27. Tabor
30. Holmes
31. Prince
34. Stanley
37. Nnadi
50. McDermott
58. Bates
59. Kelly
63. Cornwell
65. Henderson
85. Williams
86. Spain
89. Moss

I think this is everybody we've offered in the Rivals 100... Is landing 3-4 of these guys a reasonable expectation?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have also offered:
91. Miller
92. Bauer

From what I've heard we seem to be in pretty good shape for Hand, Street, and Holmes, and in decent shape for at least Hood, Prince, Nnadi, Cornwell, and Moss. No way we get all of those guys, but I would be disappointed if we pull in less than 3.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is landing 3-4 of these guys a reasonable expectation?

I am with some of the others. Anything less than 3 of them would be disappointing. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we could possibly get Hand and Holmes locked up early, and that could steamroll into a Top 5 class if they actively recruited others.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed .. An early commitment by Hand would probably open up the floodgates. I think that alone would get us 3 more ... I say we get 3 maybe 6-8 :)

SPHINX06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KAMARA

Thought Kamara would have been there, surprised at Nnadi only has 6 offers at this point. That is sure to climb now!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Kamara would have been there, surprised at Nnadi only has 6 offers at this point. That is sure to climb now!

I betcha Kamara will be just outside the 100. Would really like to get him but haven't heard all that much good concerning him and VT. Kinda disappointing considering I believe he was the first VT offer of this class....his sophomore year.

I would think Reavis, Marshawn Williams, Keihn, Javon Harrison, Walker, Crest and Payne (probably others) will be in the Rivals 250. Just a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to Mr. Shurburtt, VT just offered WR Tre'Quan Smith from Delray Beach, Fla

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we truly believe Hand would come here? Or is this just like a pipe dream? It would quickly become an Ole Miss type class situation if so. And just imagine if Hand commits early, and doesn't wait till February. Would most likely sign the top defensive class in the nation. Throw in parks, Elijah hood, then we just need a stud WR and it's top of the charts with a crystal football coming soon. Crazy how Hand could feasibly make that happen.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, it would be literally the perfect way to transition into Gods Conference. I have a slight feeling that Shane and the boys will be dropping hints about that on the recruiting trail to prospects.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I see a big kid with good speed who runs through arm tackles and knows how to go up and get the football.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we truly believe Hand would come here? Or is this just like a pipe dream? It would quickly become an Ole Miss type class situation if so. And just imagine if Hand commits early, and doesn't wait till February. Would most likely sign the top defensive class in the nation. Throw in parks, Elijah hood, then we just need a stud WR and it's top of the charts with a crystal football coming soon. Crazy how Hand could feasibly make that happen.

I think that it is more likely than not Hand ends up a Hokie in the summer. The team that worries me the most is Michigan.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....I just watched an interview with Street where he said that VT was in his top-2 at the moment and that Charley Wiles was like a second father to him :shocked:

Now I heard a while back that we were in decent shape with him at the moment, but that's not something that is common knowledge that I have just missed somehow over the last few months is it? He was named as the #14 player in the country by Rivals yesturday. Hand, Street, and Holmes with Mihota, Walker, and Nnadi? Holy shit that would be crazy and is somewhat realistic at the moment.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....I just watched an interview with Street where he said that VT was in his top-2 at the moment and that Charley Wiles was like a second father to him :shocked:

Now I heard a while back that we were in decent shape with him at the moment, but that's not something that is common knowledge that I have just missed somehow over the last few months is it? He was named as the #14 player in the country by Rivals yesturday. Hand, Street, and Holmes with Mihota, Walker, and Nnadi? Holy shit that would be crazy and is somewhat realistic at the moment.

Everyone is talking about the VA talent, but there are loads of it in NC as well, with Street being one of the top dogs. With all the DE talent we could potentially get this year (and it seems likely that we end up >3 great ones), it seems to me that we should move Teller to OL or we might risk wasting him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is talking about the VA talent, but there are loads of it in NC as well, with Street being one of the top dogs. With all the DE talent we could potentially get this year (and it seems likely that we end up >3 great ones), it seems to me that we should move Teller to OL or we might risk wasting him.

Getting a bit OT here..

I believe I read that Teller may even end up at DT (not DE). I think that would be a good place for him too if he could add on some weight and keep some of that burst/motor. He is talented, the coaches will find some place to use him.

Another thing to consider is depth. Can't never have enough good fresh DL during a game. Bud and Wiles are building some very nice depth the last few years. Hopefully this continues and they can build some depth in the secondary as well.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most say that Teller is too slow to be a VT DE. I can see him putting on a little more and moving inside to DT .. Now if we're somehow able to land 2 out of Brown, Nnadi, and Walker (they're all DTs right), then who knows ... but he'd be hard to beat out so I don't see him moving to the offensive side.

Since someone else mentioned Street -- supposedly, he's VERY high on VT. Our chances are good with him. He was the overall MVP on the last Army junior combine. He's still fairly off the radar because of where he plays but I'd imagine that this will change things. I think that we'll get the elite DL in this class. I just want to get a few of the others