• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison is a WR.

Losing McClain kind of opened up this spot. He worked out individually for Gray and Moorehead at the last camp and they are already fighting to get him. He's not a big camp guy and wanted the Virginia Tech offer. He went out and got it.

Also, I love tall DBs.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like Andrew Brown had a good talk with the coaches. Still not getting my hopes up.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also remember that we have 5 DBs on the field (if you consider Whip a hybrid spot which it is) for about 90% of plays and an additional 6th DBs on probably 30%of those (we play a ton of nickle now). You need ten guys you can slot there at least.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when we go nickle the whip generally comes off as I remember, so it's still just 5, but the point remains... that's a lot of cover guys.

Edit: and I guess it doesn't matter that the whip comes off... it's how many playable guys you need, not how many are on the field at the same time, that matters here.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Brown committing this weekend

Going along with Matt's post several days back..

Everyone (all the "Experts") are flat out guranteeing this guy will be a Hoo.

I think VT has a fighter's chance... because they offer his "interest" in studies, has a current teammate that recently committed (Bradshaw), and supposedly have a couple more OFSHS studs in '15 that are (at least early) saying VT is in the mix. I kind of get the feeling that the Morgan/Beamer spat has finally came to an end and that hopefully Morgan and his kids are wise enough to realize that CML experiment might be on borrowed time. 5 star(s)Blanding, Smoke (and possibly Brown) might never step on the field in CVille before London gets canned. Would not shock me if that happened in a year or two.

I know ultimately AB will go where he wants to (and he should) and where he feels the most comfortable, which certainly seems to be UVA. Assuming he does pick UVa...and he likely will, I wonder if we will be scratching our heads again wondering why these guys continue to drink the Kool-Aid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful that AB is a Hokie...but I wouldn't bet any amount of money on it.
UVA 65%,
VT 30%
others 9%,
he decides he hates football, doesn't wanna play anymore (will pursue a music career instead) and laughs at taking all these fools for a ride 1%.

Thoughts? Predictions? I would be interested to hear your take Jeffro??

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know ultimately AB will go where he wants to (and he should) and where he feels the most comfortable, which certainly seems to be UVA. Assuming he does pick UVa...and he likely will, I wonder if we will be scratching our heads again wondering why these guys continue to drink the Kool-Aid.

Maybe it is time to consider the way VT does things is flawed, not that UVa is somehow 'tricking' these guys into coming.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
UVA 65%,
VT 30%
others 9%,
he decides he hates football, doesn't wanna play anymore (will pursue a music career instead) and laughs at taking all these fools for a ride 1%.

It's clear we'll give 105% to whichever option he chooses.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe once ML is fired after another 38-0 showing against VT we can bring him onto the VTPD force as well as have him help Stiney in the recruiting office "sell the dream" when it comes to recruiting.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Yellow light" over on 247, which apparently means a commitment is imminent. Hmmm.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA 65%,
VT 30%
others 9%,

The world will come to an end should Andrew Brown pick a school that isn't UVa. In all seriousness, it sounds like VT made a strong push to land him last night, and he liked what he heard, but I just don't see him not picking UVa.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yellow light" over on 247, which apparently means a commitment is imminent. Hmmm.

He's already announced that he is making his decision on Saturday, June 29.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't implying it was Brown. That hmmm just meant that I wonder who it could be.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The fact, however, is that VT has managed to once again pull in a solid class. I'm really happy about the Ford commitment.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The world will come to an end should Andrew Brown pick a school that isn't UVa. In all seriousness, it sounds like VT made a strong push to land him last night, and he liked what he heard, but I just don't see him not picking UVa.

I think he already had his mind made up, but I also have to guess that Bud Foster can make a pretty good case for VT. Playing on his defense would be something pretty special.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another site. Not sure if it is pay material. If so, I assume a mod will delete it and offer my apologies. Regardless, I like the sounds of it.

"I just talked to some of the Virginia Tech coaches," Brown told Adam
Friedman of Rivals.com. "The conversation went very smoothly.

"I asked them where I would be playing, would I have to redshirt, what
are they looking for and what are they expecting. That's pretty much all it
was. I liked the answers."