• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorian O'Daniel isnt the only VT target to get a thanks but we are full phone call. Derrick Green got a similar call recently. Michigan was never "the team to beat" but they were definitely Top 3-5 and a player.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Michigan as well. I honestly have noooo idea how they are doing it. 12 4stars already and its only March. Its not like Michigan is a powerhouse every year. Even last year they were highly overrated.

And its cold as balls!

Also interesting is 7 of Michigans commits are from Ohio. More than any other state, even their own.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this has been said already, but that tweet from Vandyke was probably in reference to all of the football alumni that are here this weekend. At Sharkeys last night, I saw Tyrod, Cam, and Chris Ellis. Dyrell, Juju, Exum, and Boykin were all hanging out with them.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep Michigan as well. I honestly have noooo idea how they are doing it. 12 4stars already and its only March. Its not like Michigan is a powerhouse every year. Even last year they were highly overrated.

And its cold as balls!

Also interesting is 7 of Michigans commits are from Ohio. More than any other state, even their own.

It would have been nice to have beaten them in the Sugar Bowl. Particularly since VT was dominating them in every aspect other than points.

Darned review official, who negated Danny Coale's reception. What a rip-off.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been nice to have beaten them in the Sugar Bowl. Particularly since VT was dominating them in every aspect other than points.

Darned review official, who negated Danny Coale's reception. What a rip-off.

Don't remind me :rain: No excuse for the loss. We had our way with them. We moved the ball up and down on them and stopped them on D every series. How did we not get the W?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't remind me :rain: No excuse for the loss. We had our way with them. We moved the ball up and down on them and stopped them on D every series. How did we not get the W?

They scored more points than us i believe was the official reason.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

JMO, but I don't think it's an excuse to state that Jim Fogltance, the replay ref, screwed up when he reversed Coale's OT TD. It's just stating a fact.

It's also stating a fact that the same ref had previously gotten in trouble with the PAC 12 for the exact same reason. How in the world did that idiot get selected to do the Sugar Bowl in the first place?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just a technicality :D Seriously though, wtf.

Makes me ill whenever I think about it.

I was at the Sugar Bowl, and it seemed like we were robbed at the time. Later, I realized we WERE robbed.

It will be difficult to get another shot like that, because they are recruiting in a serious way. If there were any justice, however, we'd play them again and just get some lucky points to win it.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And its cold as balls!

Part of it is OSU has problems and PSU is a disaster. If Meyer steps in and beats their brains in like Tressell used to do, they'll lose that recruiting prowess quick, although they are a storied program so it's not like they'll go too far down.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ImAHokie said is spot on. Add in the fact the Brady Hoke is a really like able guy and coach and you have a recruiting power. They will have to win to maintain it, of course but they are surging in the "image" world...

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the recruiting world, image is everything.

That said, going to a BCS bowl and losing close doesn't hurt your image, either.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Went to JMU's Junior Day. Here are some of the recruits Dillon and I saw from the 757 area.

Josh Mariner
Parker Osterloh
Andrew Motu'apuaka
Cardon Johnson
Demetri McGill
Keanu Reuben
Audrex “O.D.” Harris

There were alot of kids there. If I had to guess I would estimate about 60. A lot seem to be from PA and NJ - names I was not familiar with.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Went to JMU's Junior Day. Here are some of the recruits Dillon and I saw from the 757 area.

Josh Mariner
Parker Osterloh
Andrew Motu'apuaka
Cardon Johnson
Demetri McGill
Keanu Reuben
Audrex “O.D.” Harris

There were alot of kids there. If I had to guess I would estimate about 60. A lot seem to be from PA and NJ - names I was not familiar with.
Great, I saw Dillon Friday at the menchville soccer game, surprised he wasn't playing

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was definitely a recruit at d2 today. Walked in with Foster, his dad, and what I'm guessing was his high school coach. I have no idea who it was, though...

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great, I saw Dillon Friday at the menchville soccer game, surprised he wasn't playing

I wouldn't let him play this year fearing the risk of injury. He is very upset with me. I didn't want him to mess up his chances for a football scholarship. He has been helping coach the JV team and the Head Varsity Coach saw him take some shots and told him you better play next year! All the parents kept asking him is this hard for you to watch and of course he said yes. He was okay with my request at the time but now that soccer season has started he is not happy with me. :o(