• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and a possible commit coming soon.

who you think the commits are. and do we have a real shot at RB Tarean Folston. he's got us as a leader i heard. be nice to get him since mizzel likes uva and green likes OSU. then mayb a reid or jabo lee since it looks like patterson won't be with us.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
who you think the commits are. and do we have a real shot at RB Tarean Folston. he's got us as a leader i heard. be nice to get him since mizzel likes uva and green likes OSU. then mayb a reid or jabo lee since it looks like patterson won't be with us.
yes we have a shot at Folston. Reid and Lee have VT in their top 2 as well...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not VTFF, but I will try and answer for you.

The next set of guys to commit, IMO, will likely be:

Parker Osterloh
Deon Newsome
Braxton Pfaff
Oren Burks
2014 RB Caleb Kinlaw when we offer him

Any one of these guys could commit at any minute, and I think that Hokies are in good shape for all 5 of them. I am not sure who will be first and exactly when it will happen, but it will likely be very soon.

As far as Folston goes, he sort of came up out of nowhere which usually means that he approached the staff which would indicate at least some level of interest, on his part. He has a long list of favorites but he likes us and our reputation with running backs certainly helps.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, i'd like to add him. he looks legit. and don't forget hamilton may alos commit soon. But we gotta make sure to land harris, fuller, teller, hodges, bowens, and rolin. plus these guys above. and reid or lee plus another QB. thats 16 commits. last 5 or 6 goto OL and a DT, or charles clarke. mayb another major Defense prospect we can still in gilmore, or mayb sutton, Simoen Thomas, Vonn Bell, or the TE from AR. but we need to land big some Big Timers. Also the 2014 recruiting is looking very nice. mayb we get an early start on them too.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yea, i'd like to add him. he looks legit. and don't forget hamilton may alos commit soon. But we gotta make sure to land harris, fuller, teller, hodges, bowens, and rolin. plus these guys above. and reid or lee plus another QB. thats 16 commits. last 5 or 6 goto OL and a DT, or charles clarke. mayb another major Defense prospect we can still in gilmore, or mayb sutton, Simoen Thomas, Vonn Bell, or the TE from AR. but we need to land big some Big Timers. Also the 2014 recruiting is looking very nice. mayb we get an early start on them too.
Bowens is very iffy...... we have a shot at Harris but we are not leading

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I recently looked at Green and Mizzells videos on youtube and I can objectively say that I would rather have Drew Harris over Green and Coleman over Mizzell. As long as the RBs we got stay healthy I don't think it matters if we get a RB in this class

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“He’s already narrowed down to two schools, but he isn’t saying which and I can’t say – he doesn’t want me to,” Good Counsel defensive line coach and college recruiting coordinator Kevin McFadden told TigersNow.com.

Could the Tigers still be in the running?

“They are in the mix, heavily,” McFadden said.

Fuller said he connected with 2012 signee Travis Blanks while visiting Clemson.

“(He) just made the Clemson visit so much better,” Fuller posted on Twitter while visiting. “He really made me like it up here more than I thought.”

Fuller has been timed at 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash, but McFadden said he’s faster than that.

The only other notable info was that O'Daniel and GC WR Levrone were interested in Clemson (the latter doesn't yet have an offer).

I'd say that Cam's assessment is probably accurate .. revise my guess to VT/Clemson .. haven't heard much about Bama so I'm not sure if they're giving him a lot of love.

DISCLAIMER: I googled this and was able to access from the google link so as far as I'm concerned, it's free info.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...uRVf0Nr1tSteJOtwg&sig2=PHy6y9l8cfUjo1o0wGLPrA

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I recently looked at Green and Mizzells videos on youtube and I can objectively say that I would rather have Drew Harris over Green and Coleman over Mizzell. As long as the RBs we got stay healthy I don't think it matters if we get a RB in this class
We need to take rbs

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We need to take rbs

Explain. Holmes will be at VT for at least 2 more years and the incoming freshman 3-4. I think they can afford to miss this year but at most get 1 just in case any of these new guys don't work out. It won't be for lack of talent so something unforeseen would have to come up for them to not be productive players

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokie RBs all have a three and out option, and much like cornerbacks we should roll with a running list of them. I agree with Evan. You want at least two full times every year, injuries happen (Ru, Evans, Lewis) and you would prefer to not start two new guys like we are this year.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Explain. Holmes will be at VT for at least 2 more years and the incoming freshman 3-4. I think they can afford to miss this year but at most get 1 just in case any of these new guys don't work out. It won't be for lack of talent so something unforeseen would have to come up for them to not be productive players
Wright and Edmund's to lb now with the thinness. Gregory to db possibly. Patterson out of the program. Mangus may move to WR, that leaves Holmes, jc, and Harris. Sure Scales was moved to rb but how reliable is that? That leaves 3 rbs that could all leave early, we need at least 2 this class.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep -- what Evan said .. Most don't think that Mangus will move .. at least not immediately. But I don't expect Edmunds to be a RB (never did) unless he's just that sick. But .. I'd prefer that we skip out on two RBs in '13 unless they're the right two. One would be enough. And get a few in '14

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least 2? Not a chance. 1 will be just fine, they can get 2 next year. Unless someone of a high enough caliber still wanted to come, they're going to take the first guy from Reid/Lee/Folston and shut it down.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah like I said .. take one .. but if Mizzelle and/or Derrick Green comes knocking -- the door would probably be unconditionally open for them