• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tashawn Bower's Top 10:

#Rutgers #FSU #Michigan #Miami #MichiganState #VaTech #OhioState #SouthCarolina #LSU #Auburn

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Corwin Cutler's highlight film - Corwin"Turtle"Cutler Jr. Highlights Class of 2013 6'4 190 Ocean Lakes Highschool - YouTube

Corwin and his family really like VT, I hope that we can get an offer out to him, even if it is a grayshirt offer

Be pretty shocked if he doesn't earn one at camp. Speight taking another year is the best thing because they can take Cutler and Hodges this year, Speight next year(and this year is really going to help him) and have the QB depth in far better position.

Oh and Cutler is Andrew Brown's cousin and this will definitely help VT keep themselves in Brown's mind. I really like our chances at him if they have Cutler and his family in their corner. He already likes VT but every bit helps.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got some good info on teller last night. im thinking either we get him, or he goes sec. dont see him going to uva now.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
got some good info on teller last night. im thinking either we get him, or he goes sec. dont see him going to uva now.

That's good news, but better news would be that he comes to Va Tech. UVA is like a fly buzzing around your head. Don't let it distract you from what is important.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's good news, but better news would be that he comes to Va Tech. UVA is like a fly buzzing around your head. Don't let it distract you from what is important.

A lot of wisdom in this post^. Rep for that!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FYI Mike Tyson will enroll at Hargrave after he graduates and has an open recruitment. He may still be a UVA lean at this time, but we have offered him for 2013

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what makes you say that

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI Mike Tyson will enroll at Hargrave after he graduates and has an open recruitment. He may still be a UVA lean at this time, but we have offered him for 2013

I am sure you 757 guys could elaborate but seems like his grades were the issue. Haven't seen much about him, but going strictly on rankings seems to be kind of a head scratcher. He was not rated very high by the recruiting services but received alot of praise and accolades from the VApilot it seems. Kind of like the QB from OFSHS. Weren't they both the offensive/defensive POY respectively..yet neither of them were very high profile recruits??

From Pilotonline.com

"Tyson will attend Hargrave Military. Intercepted eight passes at DB and caught 29 passes for 622 yards and 11 TDs at WR. Named Eastern District Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year. First team All-Tidewater and All-Eastern Region. Tyson is being compared to former Lake Taylor standout Travis Williams, who spent a year at Miami before transferring to Youngstown State. Tyson is getting a lot of interest and offers, including from Virginia, Virginia Tech and Penn State. He’s got great size and speed (runs 4.37 in the 40). He’s a very good open-field tackler. “He’s got a certain amount of toughness about him and makes things happen,” Lake Taylor coach Hank Sawyer said. “He can play man coverage but is also tough enough to move to linebacker.” Tyson said all the attention has surprised him. “I can’t believe I got those offers so early and I didn’t really go to any camps,” he said. “But it’s exciting because I came behind a lot of good players at Lake Taylor".
Sounds to me like he is definetely worth a second look for 2013...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, Teller has made it very apparent he is a Republican and loves to hunt. I just can't see someone like that going to a popped collar university, founded by the most famous liberal, coached by Obama.