• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kickermom could you give us all a rundown of how the visit went yesterday for your son?

Of course I was not present but based on what the coaches and Dillon told me, it went extremely well. Beamer talked to him about how he would be the one coaching him and that he is very impressed with what he has seen from Dillon. They made it clear they want him but "no offer" was put out there. They talked about Junior Day and they are excited he is coming. Dillon felt very good about the meeting and the school (Menchville) was crazy excited to have Beamer there. I don't have first hand knowledge of all that was said but it seemed to me, based on all those I talked to, it went very well.

I know they can offer kids now, so I was a little disappointed no offer was extended, but I know kickers are not the highest priority on scholarship offers. However, Dillon NEEDS a scholarship and he is being recruited by the likes of ODU, Wisconsin also, so I certainly hope VT makes room for a scholarship for him because he would be devasted if he can't go to VA TECH.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Bailey said on his Sports talk show (the club house-super sports) that VT has offered WR Marquez North from Mallard Creek HS in NC...he's 6-3 205...already has more than 15 offers

Last edited by a moderator:

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Bailey said on his Sports talk show (the club house-super sports) that VT has offered WR Marquez North from Mallard Creek HS in NC...he's 6-3 205...already has more than 15 offers

they also said that he's friends w hokie WR Kevin Asante and that he'll be visiting...that would be a good get!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they also said that he's friends w hokie WR Kevin Asante and that he'll be visiting...that would be a good get!

Great get! He's extremely good and arguably the best WR on the East Coast.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ryheem Lockley a lot and we are a favorite even without offering. Unfortunately Ryheem has some personal issues I hope he gets cleared up by next Fall. Those would be two big fast WRs for the next VT QB to throw to.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Ryheem Lockley a lot and we are a favorite even without offering. Unfortunately Ryheem has some personal issues I hope he gets cleared up by next Fall. Those would be two big fast WRs for the next VT QB to throw to.

You think we're recruiting him as a WR and not a Safety?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon to tell. He missed all but 3 games last season and even then he played QB. Personally I like him as a big fast WR but I could see Safety as well.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
last i heard, Lockley was transferring to Christchurch for his senior year...at least he'll be playing against better competition...maybe we want to see him play against better quality before we offer...just a guess

but u guys are right...when we offer he'll most likely commit pretty quick

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
last i heard, Lockley was transferring to Christchurch for his senior year...at least he'll be playing against better competition...maybe we want to see him play against better quality before we offer...just a guess

but u guys are right...when we offer he'll most likely commit pretty quick
Yep he is transferring to Christchurch

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this is a redux .. sorry for the duplication .. Looks like CFB and CN visited Parker Osterloh earlier in the week ... big boy

Courtesy of Marty O'Brien at dailypress.com
Osterloh

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this quote: “When Coach Beamer comes to the school, that’s a big deal,” Jarvis said. “Coach (Skip) West (an assistant at Virginia) comes here all the time to talk about Parker.”

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he is The Dean now, I think that commands some respect not to mention his general character.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I liked this quote: “When Coach Beamer comes to the school, that’s a big deal,” Jarvis said. “Coach (Skip) West (an assistant at Virginia) comes here all the time to talk about Parker.”

That quote really goes to the heart of how most people OUTSIDE the Tech football program really feel about Coach Beamer. I think sometimes fans and other people close to the Tech program lose sight of how much he's done for the program and Tech itself.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that too, I think it says a lot to coaches when Beamer comes through.

When I was in high school, Joe Pa came to my high school to talk to Evan Royster and everyone was freaking out. I can only assume that Beamer gets the same reaction.