• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, unfortunately thin @ WR, and Perry Jones's little brother probably going to UVA as well. Hope we can have some out of state success.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
heres a top recruits for the state of VA, put together by TKP....Rolin not being ranked in the top 25 by ri- is ridiculous...hopefully we land a few of these OL!

2013 Target Board | The Key Play

Rolin blew up after his film got out, I think Va Preps made that list before junior film started circulating. He'll be way up there in the next editions.

Speaking of LBs, another one that will be good is Connor Wingo-Reeves and he's about as much of a lock as some others. Going to build some really nice depth in this class to go with 2012's blockbuster lineup.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grt2BACardinal William Simmons
VaTech head coach Frank Beamer and def coordinator Bud Foster visited Ireton today to speak to lineman Eddie D'Antuono and Malcolm Westbrook

Woops should be under 2012

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer visited 2013 WR Jalen McDaniel yesterday as well as Chris Mangus

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Grt2BACardinal William Simmons
VaTech head coach Frank Beamer and def coordinator Bud Foster visited Ireton today to speak to lineman Eddie D'Antuono and Malcolm Westbrook

Woops should be under 2012

are they looking @ him as a center/long snapper or another position on the OL?

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can anyone tell me what happens at Junior Day? Dillon got his invite yesterday form Newsome. :o) I just hope it doesn't snow since we will be driving. ODU also invited him to their Junior Day. I am just curious what this day entails?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone tell me what happens at Junior Day? Dillon got his invite yesterday form Newsome. :o) I just hope it doesn't snow since we will be driving. ODU also invited him to their Junior Day. I am just curious what this day entails?

Great news Kickermom!!:thumb: Dillon and the recruits will be given red carpet treatment! I don't want to spoil it for you, but I highly recommend going! Its similar to an OV only all the top VT recruits are there as well. And if worst comes to worst (which I doubt) atleast you'll get some killer seats to the VT basketball game.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great news Kickermom!!:thumb: Dillon and the recruits will be given red carpet treatment! I don't want to spoil it for you, but I highly recommend going! Its similar to an OV only all the top VT recruits are there as well. And if worst comes to worst (which I doubt) atleast you'll get some killer seats to the VT basketball game.

Oh we are definitely going! Sounds very exciting! It will be great to see some of these recruits yall are talking about. I'll try and have my ears open if ya know what I mean! Dillon will be stoked if he gets to go to a basketball game too. He amazes me with how much he knows about so many sports and players. He is a true athlete and lover of sports! I think he wakes up watching SC and goes to bed watching it or some game. LOL!

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kickermom27 -- I can tell that you're a VERY proud mother as you should be. if you've never been to campus, it's beautiful and you'll have a great time. my 8-yr old son is a soccer player too and wants to kick for VT someday too :) .. how bout that??

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kickermom27 -- I can tell that you're a VERY proud mother as you should be. if you've never been to campus, it's beautiful and you'll have a great time. my 8-yr old son is a soccer player too and wants to kick for VT someday too :) .. how bout that??

Yes, I am very proud of my son and what he has accomplished thus far. Soccer got him where he is today. He played soccer since age 5 and never played football until 10th grade. Soccer definitely is great conditioning for place kicking. Sadly, he has elected not to play HS soccer this year. His focus is on football and he wants to remain focused and protect that leg and foot from common soccer injuries. So many kids tear their ACLs and that could ruin his future if that were to happen. I know it's a "what if" but he felt football was too important to take the risk. He will always have a love and passion for soccer, and if I do say so he was amazing soccer player as well. Tell your son to keep at it and it's never too early to start getting training for place kicking. I know a 12 year old kicking 30 yard FGs right now.

We have been to the campus once already for a football game, but it was so cold we really didn't get to really tour the campus. My niece goes there and she took us to her dorm, but that was about all we got to see. From what we did see, Dillon loved it! Can't wait to get a real tour!!

Best of luck to your son and his dreams!

P.S. I found one of Dillon's books that he made in fourth grade and there was a page titled "All About Me". The very last line was, "When I grow up I want to be a professional soccer player, go to VA TECH and make straight A's." (and he drew a picture of a VA TECH pennant".) So even when he was 9 he had very similar dreams to your son's. I hope me finding that book recently is a sign of things to come!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a smart move to skip soccer IMO. He has a good future in college football as a kicker and 1 year of soccer isn't worth risking 4-5 years of CFB and an education on the house.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agreed .. and if he can kick 60-yarders .. possibly more than that in store for him

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This may have been mentioned and I know yall mentioned Hamilton, but I found this tweet interesting and further continues the recent trend.

PWilliamsWP Preston Williams
Mountain View WR-DB DaeSean Hamilton has picked up a scholarship offer from Virginia. Virginia Tech offered last week. #allmets
3 hours ago

So its now happened with at least Holmes, Rolin, and Hamilton in just the last few weeks.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This may have been mentioned and I know yall mentioned Hamilton, but I found this tweet interesting and further continues the recent trend.

PWilliamsWP Preston Williams
Mountain View WR-DB DaeSean Hamilton has picked up a scholarship offer from Virginia. Virginia Tech offered last week. #allmets
3 hours ago

So its now happened with at least Holmes, Rolin, and Hamilton in just the last few weeks.
get used to it, VT evaluates and UVA offers after