• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder UVA is their school of choice. Its all making sense...

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this has probably already been discussed, but what do you guys think our chances are with Bucky Hodges? I'd really like to see him takeover right after LT3 (maybe with Leal getting a year inbetween).

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link worked fine and the kicks looked good! I'm hoping the guy hiking the ball learns how to put more zip on his hikes; there were multiple kicks where Dillon rushed and still almost got the kick blocked.

The fact there are any HD clips on there at all makes it more high quality than most recuiting videos. That and the fact that there isn't obnoxious rap music.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Link worked fine and the kicks looked good! I'm hoping the guy hiking the ball learns how to put more zip on his hikes; there were multiple kicks where Dillon rushed and still almost got the kick blocked.

The fact there are any HD clips on there at all makes it more high quality than most recuiting videos. That and the fact that there isn't obnoxious rap music.

Yes, unfortunately Dillon was faced with multiple rushed kicks and punts. I can't tell you how many times he had to jump up to catch the ball. Thank goodness he is tall! The blocking wasn't very good. We have talked about how he wouldn't know how to feel with actually having a lot of time to get his kicks off. He has such a quick release because of the team he is on. He was forced to learn how to do that or his kicks would have been blocked all year. I believe he only had one PAT blocked all year and a couple punts deflected. The fact that he is a lefty helps because other teams are conditioned to right footed kickers, so even if they know he is a lefty, their preparation is conditioned towards right footed kickers so it can throw them off. As far as the tape goes we were advised not to put any music on it and keep it at around 5 minutes. That's about all coaches want to see and they usually turn the volume off. Thanks for your input! Much appreciated!

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anybody know exactly what date Junior Day is scheduled? Also do you know when the invites go out? Do they invite kickers to that?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46, I have a few names for you to add to your list.

Greg Gilmore, DT, North Carolina. He was offered by VT on November 15.

Larenz Bryant, LB, North Carolina. He was offered by VT on November 16.

Tramel Terry, WR/CB, South Carolina. He was offered by VT on November 21.

Deon Newsome, CB, Virginia. He was offered by VT on November 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
46, I have a few names for you to add to your list.

Greg Gilmore, DT, North Carolina. He was offered by VT on November 15.

Larenz Bryant, LB, North Carolina. He was offered by VT on November 16.

Tramel Terry, WR/CB, South Carolina. He was offered by VT on November 21.

Deon Newsome, CB, Virginia. He was offered by VT on November 2.
Oh Snap 46 is Slackin! ;)

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone that follows recruiting closely know if there has been interest shown in kickers as of now? kickermom's kid kid looks like a solid kicker, i would definitely want our coaches to be at least looking into him

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone that follows recruiting closely know if there has been interest shown in kickers as of now? kickermom's kid kid looks like a solid kicker, i would definitely want our coaches to be at least looking into him[/QUOTE

By all previous reports (on here)/invites they are taking a good hard look at him. I would imagine they will see how this class shakes out, who leaves for the NFL, who does not qualify..the numbers before many more offers go out.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More will be done after the Bowl Game as far as 2013 offers are concerned.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cequan Jefferson has been offered. DB from Henrico. Friends with Tim Harris FWIW.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Journell just paved the way for Kickermom's boy i think

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh how I wish he could but he is only a Junior and has to finish high school. I sure hope it isn't true about Cody. What a shame it will be....smh. My CEO just came and told me. He went to Tech and is a season ticket holder. He is going to New Orleans too! He told me if Dillon ends up going there I can go to the games with him and his family! What a huge blessing thaat would be!

Well here's hoping it isn't true. I hate to see that happen to anybody.