• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does DJ project as a RB or WR at Tech? If RB, any indication on how that affects our standing with Green?

One of the commenters (LJ) over at VirginiaTechFan.com said this the other day: "As for Reid, it seems to be a cat and mouse situation with whether Greene will keep VT in his top 2/3? Reid wants to play RB and will not go to the same school as Greene, looks like an either/or situation."

I buy the part about him wanting to play RB. That fits with what I've heard elsewhere, although I hadn't gotten the picture that he was averse to playing other positions if RB didn't work out. But nothing else I've heard has indicated that he's particularly concerned with Greene committing to VT. What do you think, Evan?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One of the commenters (LJ) over at VirginiaTechFan.com said this the other day: "As for Reid, it seems to be a cat and mouse situation with whether Greene will keep VT in his top 2/3? Reid wants to play RB and will not go to the same school as Greene, looks like an either/or situation."

I buy the part about him wanting to play RB. That fits with what I've heard elsewhere, although I hadn't gotten the picture that he was averse to playing other positions if RB didn't work out. But nothing else I've heard has indicated that he's particularly concerned with Greene committing to VT. What do you think, Evan?
Have not heard that but Reids timeframe to commit is less than Green.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck is this all about?

Mike Farrell ‏@rivalsmike
If I'm a #Clemson fan I am feeling better about Kendall Fuller moreso than #VaTech fans right now, July 20 visit is HUGE

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What the heck is this all about?

Mike Farrell ‏@rivalsmike
If I'm a #Clemson fan I am feeling better about Kendall Fuller moreso than #VaTech fans right now, July 20 visit is HUGE

I am beginning to despise Clemson and this uberdouche Farrell more and more every day. I am not sweating it, but if Fuller goes to Clemson, we're in pretty big trouble.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Fuller will be a Hokie. The being said, if he goes to Clemson, we will be just fine. We develop stud DBs regularly and one recruiting loss will not even cause a dent. It will hurt because of who it is, but the impact on the field will be marginal.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His brother runs track at Tenn, may be too big of a connection to break...

TENN track is a pretty good recruiting tool for them if I can remember correctly thats how they acquired JUSTIN HUNTER over tech, but this guy is going to see SC go to a BCS this year and TENN struggle to be bowl eligible and guess what he will do... hahah Vincent Mihota's bro played for UVA but he wont !! similar story here... IMO but EGW you are the man so we will just have to wait and see what happens :fencing:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Fuller will be a Hokie. The being said, if he goes to Clemson, we will be just fine. We develop stud DBs regularly and one recruiting loss will not even cause a dent. It will hurt because of who it is, but the impact on the field will be marginal.

eh...yeah..but it would be a guy that we should have gotten and a big miss for our staff, which is something that I would hope our staff is finally realizing hurts more than we often lead it on to believe. It will also hurt on the field because even though our last 2 classes have been good by our standards, Clemson is starting to get some absolute stud classes. While I have full faith in our coaching staff, they can only do so much when your opponent is throwing a bunch of Sammy Watkins type talent against you.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I understand where you are coming from, but from a development point, the curve is much smaller. This kid is a future All-American who could contribute right away against having to wait a year or two to make an impact at an already thin position. That is why I think it is such an important pick up.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
TENN track is a pretty good recruiting tool for them if I can remember correctly thats how they acquired JUSTIN HUNTER over tech, but this guy is going to see SC go to a BCS this year and TENN struggle to be bowl eligible and guess what he will do... hahah Vincent Mihota's bro played for UVA but he wont !! similar story here... IMO but EGW you are the man so we will just have to wait and see what happens :fencing:
Paul wants to run track as well. You are correct about Hunter, he is who Paul stayed with a few weeks ago when he visited. I am not sure where he will go but my gut says Tenn. He seems very comfortable there and location *may* play a factor for him..

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is the new leader for Michael Parker.....lol