• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul wants to run track as well. You are correct about Hunter, he is who Paul stayed with a few weeks ago when he visited. I am not sure where he will go but my gut says Tenn. He seems very comfortable there and location *may* play a factor for him..

Last time I checked VT's track and field program isn't too shabby.....finished 5th in nation in the outdoor championship. VT is usually carried by the field competitor's, but has had successful sprinters in both men's and women's T&F as well.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked VT's track and field program isn't too shabby.....finished 5th in nation in the outdoor championship. VT is usually carried by the field competitor's, but has had successful sprinters in both men's and women's T&F as well.

VT simply jumped in too late like I said... VT has location, playing time, Track and Football teams that are at this point more legitimate than TENN, but when Hunter was recruited I would say Track was the biggest detriment to Techs chances

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't think UVA would have offered??

From what it sounds like, UVa has been on him since his Freshman year. Being that he was a legacy, I'm sure the staff was given ample time to offer if they wanted to.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what it sounds like, UVa has been on him since his Freshman year. Being that he was a legacy, I'm sure the staff was given ample time to offer if they wanted to.

My point was only that the brother connection is over emphasized .... players comfort levels are the key, and if they are more comfortable at one place than the other they will commit there 99% of the time just that gut feeling we always hear about... BTW Ricky Walker will be the next one to break away from there older brothers footsteps..

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a writeup about the best defensive players at the Opening. There are a few VT targets on there (Hand, Blanding, Fisher). I gotta say, Fisher dominating these camps has me worried that he might switch. At the same time, though, it's awesome to see a VT commit cleaning up at camps with top talent.

The Opening: Best Defensive Prospects by Position

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jesus H if we lose Fisher, don't get Fuller, and don't clean up next year, then I'm not following recruiting anymore. Any 2 out of those 3 things happen and I'm not following recruiting anymore because there's no hope of taking the next step. Basically this year and next year's classes will determine whether VT becomes a legit NC contender under Beamer. And there is no positive way to look at losing Fuller. Huge failure. It basically says that VT has not turned the corner in recruiting even with Shane

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fisher getting all this praise, could he get bumped to a 5*?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And there is no positive way to look at losing Fuller. Huge failure. It basically says that VT has not turned the corner in recruiting even with Shane

If we do lose fuller I think it will have more to do with him wanting to "be his own man" than it will be with the way he was recruited. Im not saying it wont be a failure but I wouldnt base my judgement of our recruiting or shane solely on Fullers decision.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he seemed to be getting a lot of praise before the most recent rivals rankings, and he still fell...so i doubt it.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he seemed to be getting a lot of praise before the most recent rivals rankings, and he still fell...so i doubt it.

Rivals didn't write that article and Farrell is never going to give VT recruits a bump now that the HH site is a wasteland. 247 is where you want to go for fair rankings now and Fisher will likely jump into the top 50 if not a bit further. They've been raving about his versatility which, defensively, is probably one of the best in the country.

Yea, why would anyone want the better, 4* brother of a legacy player. Wouldn't have mattered a bit whether or not UVA offered, that kid got the VT offer and jumped on it immediately.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, why would anyone want the better, 4* brother of a legacy player. Wouldn't have mattered a bit whether or not UVA offered, that kid got the VT offer and jumped on it immediately.

:burt:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best post of the thread! Parker is a head case, VT told him he could not commit, UVA told him he could not commit, he "committed" to MD without their knowledge and that didn't stick, now he is on to Miami. Burning his way through the ACC

Maybe he meant the other Miami who probably would take him.

Jeffro, why didn't UVA want Mihota in your opinion.