• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't understand the obsession with Green. I'd be glad to get him but not overly excited. I think he's overrated by Rivals at least as a 5* and if we keep Harris, not at a position of need. He's got to be close to maxed out physically and I just don't think he runs over people enough. His strength is definitely his strength but I don't think he's powerful enough for all the hype he's getting
I disagree...

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't understand the obsession with Green. I'd be glad to get him but not overly excited. I think he's overrated by Rivals at least as a 5* and if we keep Harris, not at a position of need. He's got to be close to maxed out physically and I just don't think he runs over people enough. His strength is definitely his strength but I don't think he's powerful enough for all the hype he's getting

Aren't you the one always complaining about VT letting top state talent leave the state?

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I have to respect your opinion, and you laid out your reasoning much better than usual.

That said, I never thought you could be pre-pessimistic towards a 5-star #1 national in-state RB that we haven't even landed yet.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a first, but I kind of agree with foozball on this one. I think Green is a hell of a runningback, and one I would like to have very much.... but I dont see him as a 5*. I think he is a very legit upperlevel 4* that is in the same ballpark as Drew Harris as far as talent goes.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fooz and Cam, a mostly non-pointed question, mostly because you have the more conservative opinions of Green:

What well-known RB would you compare him to?

I see him as a Lee Suggs clone, which I would take ten times out of ten stacked against anyone.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually am being somewhat sarcastic with a lot of my posts about the SEC and other topics, but how u can be completely serious about not wanting green is ridiculous.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Green but I've always questioned his speed. No doubt he's fast enough and for his size, he's hella fast .. FWIW, he's definitely faster than Drew Harris .. but 4.2-4.3 ?? I haven't seen any tape that made him look THAT fast.

but ...

His combination of speed, size, weight, strength is definitely the best of all of this cycle's RBs.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Green but I've always questioned his speed. No doubt he's fast enough and for his size, he's hella fast .. FWIW, he's definitely faster than Drew Harris .. but 4.2-4.3 ?? I haven't seen any tape that made him look THAT fast.

but ...

His combination of speed, size, weight, strength is definitely the best of all of this cycle's RBs.

If that time is legit, it would make him faster than JC Coleman and, according to the combine and pro day, the last guy to wear #4.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who gives a shit about his star ranking? The difference in the #15 ranked player who's a 5* and the #30 ranked player who's a 4* is negligible. He's an elite back and would be an instant help on the field.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually am being somewhat sarcastic with a lot of my posts about the SEC and other topics, but how u can be completely serious about not wanting green is ridiculous.

Never said I didn't want him. He is top-3 on my remaining wants for this year. I just don't think he is a 5* right now. He has shit loads of potential though. Maybe that is what they are basing it on. Yall may rag me, but I think Mizzell is a better RB at this particular moment. Green has a much higher ceiling though, and I imagine 2 years from now he will be the better back.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green has enormous potential. But I don't see him as #1 RB in the country. He has work to do. I'd give him solid 4 stars. Someone mentioned Drew Harris and I agree there are a lot of similarities. Hopefully Harris rehabs up to where he left off...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nudie picture time!

Damnit I tried to delete that... hahaha.

I think he and Harris are pretty similar (pre knee injury.) I don't want Green any more or any less than I wanted Harris, but I really wanted Harris. They both set up their blocks pretty good, similar in size, run behind their pads pretty good, have good speed for their size, are shifty for their size, etc. etc. It's hard to tell exactly who is better without watching a couple of entire games, but based on their highlights alone they look fairly similar to me. Maybe Green just attended more Rivals sponsored camps than Harris did.

Like I said before..... I really want Green no matter if he is a 2* or a freaking 6* star, but that doesn't mean I have to 100% agree on where Rivals has him ranked. I tend to try to base my judgments on where they are now, and not where they may be in 4 years.... and I think Rivals' rankings are strongly basing him on potential.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is overrated at all personally. That being said, even if he really was only worthy of a 2*... Anytime u can sign a 5* kid, it's great for your program. Except in the case of Eli Harold. He blows.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Definitely faster than Drew Harris? I don't see a difference let alone a big one

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
By the way I think we saw in 2010 how having a surplus of great RBs is not all it's cracked up to be. There are only so many carries to go around

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its early, but Braxton Pfaff will also be at the July camp.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green looks like the best out of the bunch to me (between he, Harris, and Mizzell). As sparko said, he has the total package of speed, size/strength, and quickness/agility. While I don't think Green is that much faster than Harris, he certainly looks a bit more shifty to me (someone compared him to Suggs, I like that, I would also say he is comparable to RW). Harris is more of a DE/KJ kid of RB. A strider/power back. I wouldn't get too caught up in 40 times, we all know they can be a bit tainted based on what surface/conditions they are ran in.

With that said, I would take Green over any of these guys, sorry fooz..when you ..have RB's leaving in their sophomore/junior seasons every year to be a 1st/2nd rounder having a stable FULL of stallions is a great problem to have.

Green is at the TOP of my list for guys left to get (tied with Fuller). Noit because it is necessarily a position of need (face it, we are going to get our share of really good RB's), but more so because he is an exceptional talent right in our back yard.

Smoke is going to be a very good one and we certainly shouldn't pull the offer and take him if he wants us (doesn't look like it based on his final 3). But I have said it before..he is a JC clone..and we already have JC on board.