• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we screw something up really badly like for example cut kyle or Cory, or make fun of their mother, Kendall will be a Hokie

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson, Michigan, Tech, Tennessee is an alphabetical list. You know he thinks of us as Tech, not VTech. And you KNOW Michigan isn't ahead of us. I wouldn't read too much into it.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind (the way I personally value things), Fuller comes to Tech. Its a no brainer. His three brothers, proximity to home, his familiarity, success of his brothers, etc etc. Ive always thought that all he was looking for was an interesting summer, and a chance to visit some places on their dime.

So, for me, all this chatter about Clemson, especially in light of the stuff Ive seen posted here, was just noise.

But, Ill tell ya why the tweet by Fuller yesterday got me thinking a bit differently, and now Im beginning to wonder if other schools really are in the mix.

He listed four schools, in this order:

Clemson, Michigan, Tech, Tennessee.

Freud is fucking with my brain, and telling me that Clemson is the first school in his thinking, and that worries me a tad.

Im mitigation of that thought process, is the fact that Fuller was talking about visits, not playing, but at this stage, its hard to separate the two.

Well considering he spelled it "Tech" and not "Virginia Tech" that list is in alphabetical order.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson, Michigan, Tech, Tennessee is an alphabetical list. You know he thinks of us as Tech, not VTech. And you KNOW Michigan isn't ahead of us. I wouldn't read too much into it.

*shakes fist*

Surely there must be an smile for it, but I'm too lazy.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all far more creative at rationalizing than I am, lol.

So, Fuller is a closet lexicographer, and thinks alphabetically?

I feel, uh, a little better.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually did say VTech in his tweet.

kendall fuller ‏@KENyoufeelmee
Hopefully i can get up to see my top four schools this summer #Clemson #Michigan #VTech #Tennessee

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlis was #2 on our big board for QBs. Jennings #3. Would you like a picture?

Rhetorical question actually. Ain't happening. But we did have Bucky and Carlis ahead of Jennings.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dillon Christopher offered by Navy

Very happy for him. Hopefully we'll offer him at camp, bit if not, the service academies are perhaps the best schools in the country... And come with a guaranteed, meaningful job.

Most "academy" officers are pricks, but then again, so are most Ivy League grads.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In my mind (the way I personally value things), Fuller comes to Tech. Its a no brainer. His three brothers, proximity to home, his familiarity, success of his brothers, etc etc. Ive always thought that all he was looking for was an interesting summer, and a chance to visit some places on their dime.

So, for me, all this chatter about Clemson, especially in light of the stuff Ive seen posted here, was just noise.

But, Ill tell ya why the tweet by Fuller yesterday got me thinking a bit differently, and now Im beginning to wonder if other schools really are in the mix.

He listed four schools, in this order:

Clemson, Michigan, Tech, Tennessee.

Freud is fucking with my brain, and telling me that Clemson is the first school in his thinking, and that worries me a tad.

Im mitigation of that thought process, is the fact that Fuller was talking about visits, not playing, but at this stage, its hard to separate the two.

I wouldnt worry about his list, he clearly just put them in alphabetical order!

edit: im always late..

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy for him. Hopefully we'll offer him at camp, bit if not, the service academies are perhaps the best schools in the country... And come with a guaranteed, meaningful job.

Most "academy" officers are pricks, but then again, so are most Ivy League grads.

Congrats kickermom! I am sure she is very pleased. This might force the other schools' hands in regards to an offer, if they want one of the best kickers in the country. Another thing to consider is that IF he were to decide to go that route, the possibility of him working close to home after graduation is VERY high (if that is what he would want). Regardless..great news!

Agreed. Great opportunity for Dillon if he doesn't get any other later offers (which I am sure he will). That is a top quality education and let's be honest, for a kicker (concerning the league) its not so much about what school you play for/competition you play against, as it is in other positions. Its alot more about distance and accuracy..at whatever level you play. Don't forget Navy will be in the Big East in a few years giving them much more exposure.

I won't agree with you on the second statement, while "some" academy officers are pricks, I worked with some pretty cool pilots in the Navy (Naval Academy grads). But yes, they are all cocky..not a terrible thing. If I was a pilot flying a fighter jet, I would think I was the man too...

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would correct that to say "ALL academy officers are pricks".

I never met a "ring-knocker" I liked...especially the ones who chose to become Marines after graduating from the Naval Academy.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I won't agree with you on the second statement, while "some" academy officers are pricks, I worked with some pretty cool pilots in the Navy (Naval Academy grads). But yes, they are all cocky..not a terrible thing. If I was a pilot flying a fighter jet, I would think I was the man too...

Pilots are a different breed working in a different world....I didn't consider them to be officers at all. Although they clearly had the rank, their lives depended on an excellent working relationship, or better, with the guys that made sure his or her plane could stay in the air.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very true .. A submarine officer kind of falls into the same boat too .. no pun intended. Not a good idea to piss off your crew and you can earn their respect, be a good leader, and at the same time, not be an asshole. But I respect the fact that some sailors are just slugs and must be treated as such. I've met good and bad officers, whether they came from the USNA or not .. A great officer flexes when he needs to, to whom he needs to. The rest of the time, ask nicely and it'll be done. All in all, it's a great thing. I'd be extremely proud if my son ended up at an academy. This surely won't be Dylan's only offer though.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will just say that we are extremely honored and grateful for this offer! I didn't really realize the magnitude of it at first. It is a great opportunity for my son and his future. The education, the benefits, the prestige, job security, plus the opportunity to play football too! Something he will definitely consider seriously, however in his heart he wants to be a HOKIE! A lot to think about for sure! We just feel very blessed!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully he will have 2 offers after this weekend! You'll have to give us the whole scoop on Monday!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say that we are extremely honored and grateful for this offer! I didn't really realize the magnitude of it at first. It is a great opportunity for my son and his future. The education, the benefits, the prestige, job security, plus the opportunity to play football too! Something he will definitely consider seriously, however in his heart he wants to be a HOKIE! A lot to think about for sure! We just feel very blessed!

Congrats on the offer. Hope he gets one this weekend

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Please don't misunderstand my comments about Naval Academy officers...that comes from my own personal experiences and should not be considered a blanket slam.

In all seriousness, an appointment to a US military academy is really a big deal. The combination of the education they provide along with the discipline they instill is a combination that carries over throughout life. If an academy graduate choses not to make the military a career after fulfilling his or her post-academy military obligation they will find that experience to be a door-opener to whatever civilian career they want to pursue. Additionally, the connections with other academy grads are always very helpful.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TAE - no worries I understood your intent! and to All the rest, yes, we hope for a great weekend at TECH too! How wonderful it would be for me to be able to come on here and tell you Tech offered. That would be the ultimate dream fulfilled for Dillon....and me! Thanks for all your support and encouragement!

Last edited by a moderator: