• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES^^^This is what I am talking about!! We want MAMMOTHS on the OL!! Not 250 lb tight ends. Imagine these two guys at the guard positions..

Devine and Hall are listed as an OT (I am sure they are more of an OG prospects unless they drop some lbs.) and is offered by some SEC schools, us, and GT???(DL??)

Both are from Tri-Cities HS in Georgia...package deal for someone??? 700 lbs worth!!

per Ri___

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Should be quite an atmosphere for them to see. Got any names Evan G???
I have obtained some names from various sources (NONE FROM RI_____ I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT THERE)
sorry I just needed to preface that again ;)

QB Carlis Parker is rumored to be coming, along with his RB Tristan Mumford. TE Chris Burton from Danville is likely making the trip, Lewis Neal has been reported multiple times on twitter that he will be making the trip, K Dillon Christopher will be in attendance (Verified by his mom on here and a few guys I know that go to Menchville), OG Darius Garcia should be in attendance as well. Holland Fisher is going to try and make the game, but the plans have not been finalized the last that I heard, if he does come, the chances are very good that Caleb will come with him.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker is an early Clemson lean but has the athleticism that he will also get looks at DB. He ran a 4.45 here this summer. Mumford is a big back, who also plays DL, and seems more open to VT (this will be both recruits second visit)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have obtained some names from various sources (NONE FROM RI_____ I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT THERE)
sorry I just needed to preface that again ;)

QB Carlis Parker is rumored to be coming, along with his RB Tristan Mumford. TE Chris Burton from Danville is likely making the trip, Lewis Neal has been reported multiple times on twitter that he will be making the trip, K Dillon Christopher will be in attendance (Verified by his mom on here and a few guys I know that go to Menchville), OG Darius Garcia should be in attendance as well. Holland Fisher is going to try and make the game, but the plans have not been finalized the last that I heard, if he does come, the chances are very good that Caleb will come with him.
Also Conner Wingo-Reeves is planning on making the trip. RB Josh Taspscott may make the trip with Michael Parker if scheduling works out (per twitter). Jake Goins brother Zach may be coming to the game also. No word yet if Tyquan Lewis is going to be able to make the trip or not, a few weeks ago he was uncertain.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyquan, unfortunately, will not be here. Clemson also the early leader there....

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres still a desire apparently, but not anytime soon.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found a link (think it may have been posted recently) for a way too early list of Virginia's top prosepcts for the 2014 class...

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - VirginiaPreps Class of 2014 Top Football Prospects

per 247 sports and scout.com Vt has already extended offers to
Andrew Brown DE, Indian River HS, Virginia Beach VA

Da'Shawn Hand DE, Woodridge Senior HS, Woodbridge VA (FWIW VTInsider does not show him as being offered)

Jamil Kamara WR, Princess Anne HS, Virginia Beach VA

Looks like the bulk of the top talent will come from Tidewater and NOVA (as usual). Only a couple of athletes listed from the Richmond area (from Dinwiddie HS, a place we have done well in the last couple years)

Other offers of note for 2014
Johnathan Lloyd ATH, Graham NC

Jalen Tabor CB, Washington DC

Ready to get started on 2014 already 46???:ranger:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd be willing to bet that A. Brown is rated in the top 5 players in the country for 2013.

From what i've heard, he already looks like a man amongst boys.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone a Scout member? They have an article on Kendall Fuller and the school he loves. Wonder who they are talking about though :think: :)

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Found a link (think it may have been posted recently) for a way too early list of Virginia's top prosepcts for the 2014 class...

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - VirginiaPreps Class of 2014 Top Football Prospects

per 247 sports and scout.com Vt has already extended offers to
Andrew Brown DE, Indian River HS, Virginia Beach VA

Da'Shawn Hand DE, Woodridge Senior HS, Woodbridge VA (FWIW VTInsider does not show him as being offered)

Jamil Kamara WR, Princess Anne HS, Virginia Beach VA

Looks like the bulk of the top talent will come from Tidewater and NOVA (as usual). Only a couple of athletes listed from the Richmond area (from Dinwiddie HS, a place we have done well in the last couple years)

Other offers of note for 2014
Johnathan Lloyd ATH, Graham NC

Jalen Tabor CB, Washington DC

Ready to get started on 2014 already 46???:ranger:

Rivals had him listed with an offer.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to bet that A. Brown is rated in the top 5 players in the country for 2013.

From what i've heard, he already looks like a man amongst boys.

At 6'4" 280 as a soph..I would say so. He has 5 star written all over him. Sounds like a possible Daquan Bowers/Jadaveon Clowney type prospect. Surprised he only has a few offers.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is looking so far ahead it is nuts for us. Necessary for the coaches though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is looking so far ahead it is nuts for us. Necessary for the coaches though.

Yeah it is..But what the hell.

It is necessary for the coaches. Have they (the coaches) always looked so far ahead or is this a product of the Shane Beamer recruiting approach. At this rate we may have 10 -20 offers out for 2014 by this time next year. I think it is a good approach. One that I am sure many highly successful programs use. Get in their ear early...

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah it is..But what the hell.

It is necessary for the coaches. Have they (the coaches) always looked so far ahead or is this a product of the Shane Beamer recruiting approach. At this rate we may have 10 -20 offers out for 2014 by this time next year. I think it is a good approach. One that I am sure many highly successful programs use. Get in their ear early...

It depends on the recruit because we have looked at kids that early. I know we started looking at some guys as early as 8th grade (Curtis Grant, Kevin Newsome, etc.).

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone a Scout member? They have an article on Kendall Fuller and the school he loves. Wonder who they are talking about though :think: :)

actually he is talking about Clemson, though scout kind of blew it out of proportion i think.

by the way, anyone can get a free scout trial for 33 days with full access, no credit card info, dont even need to give them your real email. heres a link.

Scout.com: Free Trial Offer

also, here is a link to the kendall fuller interview for anyone who has an account/gets the trial.

Scout.com: Fuller Lovin' One

enjoy

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It depends on the recruit because we have looked at kids that early. I know we started looking at some guys as early as 8th grade (Curtis Grant, Kevin Newsome, etc.).

Honestly its all about exposure, and different people get it different ways. If your a HS Fr/soph playing in a powerful region of the state (ala.. 757) and having a good season, people are going to notice. Some guys (like michael holmes) may not play in one of the stronger districts but have such good #'s, that you cant over-look them. A lot of guys get their name out early with the camp circuit, and a lot of others have ties (family,friends, coaches, etc) with VT.