• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I've noticed here is that you can't talk negatively about any VT recruit. They are all going to be good. Never mind that Clark had the worst measurables and least amount of offers (2) of any DB that VT has offered. I'd bet there isn't anyone in the current 2 deep secondary as slow as he is. Maybe as a senior he will be a backup safety. I would not have offered someone like him early especially in a year with limited scholarships

scaled.php

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Grove - one other offer from VMI - won the Remington Award - played in the pros for many years

Cody Grimm - walked on at Tech - earned scholarship - became AA - deafted by the Bucs

Kam Chancellor - very few offers out of high school - drafted - starts for the Seahawks

Will Montgomery - walked on at Tech - earned a scholarship - plays in the pros

----I could go on but hopefully you get the picture.

Agree completely. If our coaches think he is good enough to receive an offer (especially on defense), I will defer to them every time

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who cares about his 40, with our staff's rep with DBs how can you seriously doubt anyone they offer? VT's staff is practically the authority on them at this point and any kid that gets an offer from VT as a DB is basically certified as quality goods to the other collegiate staffs.
^^^ THIS ... is exactly my opinion ... If a DB is good enough to get an offer from our coaching staff, he's good.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also really like Carlis Parker. Gimme a few more OLs, WRs, and Kendall, and I would chalk this up as a very very successful class

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Flowers runs between a 4.55 and a 4.60.

Don't have to be a burner to play.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nah I ain't mad, you delusional homers. Actually I am a little mad if Clark scares off some better DBs from committing. That's my problem with him. VT of all teams should not mess with DBs that have questionable tools. The staff is good but they aren't perfect. Here's a list of VT DBs signed since 2002 that I've never heard of: Mario Edwards (not the DE), Devin Radford, Lorenzo Williams, Jerrod Williams, Kent Hicks, Theodore Miller, Corey Gordon, Mike Hinton, and Cory Wade. You guys keep jumping for joy with each and every commit like they're can't miss stars though.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the commitment of Carlis Parker, do you all still think VT will try to bring Cutler in?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah I ain't mad, you delusional homers. Actually I am a little mad if Clark scares off some better DBs from committing. That's my problem with him. VT of all teams should not mess with DBs that have questionable tools. The staff is good but they aren't perfect. Here's a list of VT DBs signed since 2002 that I've never heard of: Mario Edwards (not the DE), Devin Radford, Lorenzo Williams, Jerrod Williams, Kent Hicks, Theodore Miller, Corey Gordon, Mike Hinton, and Cory Wade. You guys keep jumping for joy with each and every commit like they're can't miss stars though.

Man...your glass isn't just half-empty, it's got dust blowing around in the bottom of it! Yes, some players either don't make it or end up not starting, but you never know who those guys are going to be.

Every one of the nine guys you listed had good to very good skills...they were recruited and offered scholarships for very good reasons. But, stuff happens. Mario Edwards was dismissed for repeated violations of team rules, Devin Radford transferred, Lo Williams left the program because of injuries (Lisfranc fracture I believe), Jerrod Williams transferred to Clemson as a walkon, Kent Hicks never lived up to his advance billing and transferred, Theodore Miller was dismissed for repeated violations of team rules, and Mike Hinton was extremely talented but was also dismissed for repeated violations of team rules.

Out of the nine you listed, Corey Gordon was a 2-deep contributor, and Cary Wade started at Rover his last year at Tech.

And again, since 2002, thirteen CBs/DBs ended up being drafted by the pros. It's just my opinion, but that more than counter-balances the seven that didn't make it.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what makes you think you know more about evaluating a recruit than Gray, Foster, and Beamer? Those three guys are the best coaches on the team, and three of the best at their respective coaching duties in the country. Why would you, me or anybody else on this board question any of their evaluating jobs? There are guys every year that VT signs that I may not agree whole heartedly with that they looked like d1 talent, but at the same time I know bud foster has forgotten more football knowledge this week than I will ever know in my life. So why would I question him?

Fwiw, Clarks film looks fine to me, and he was probably third on the list of dbs left that I wanted.... after Fuller and Facyson.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately, Parker probably means no Anthony Jennings. Of courses bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Parker looks like a 6'4 burner that could be nasty at WR. ESPN has him at the #20 athlete in the country and #5 player in NC. Considering all evaluations were from Sophomore tape, he could still be underrated.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty simple when it comes to Clark, he is an above average DB/athlete (or he wouldn't be District POY in any 757 district). Why would VT want to slow play this guy in hopes of getting someone a little bit better??? Obviously this guy wants to be a Hokie and as 46 has said many, many times..those are the guys we want. Not some guy that jerks us around for the next year only to commit elsewhere (or better yet..ahem..run off on signing day.) This is a VA kid and a 757 kid..niff said. Trust me..if another kid is special enough (ahem..Fuller), room will be made for him.

Great pickup on Parker..we should be good at QB!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I have said this like 3 times on here but you can have gym rats and burners. I will take football players. They don't just hand out defensive player of the year awards in the 757.

It is amazing to me how some people put so much weight on what a guy does in ten minutes on a track in shorts and a t shirt while ignoring hours o tape of the same player ON the football field. Luckily our coaches don't take this approach.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man...your glass isn't just half-empty, it's got dust blowing around in the bottom of it! Yes, some players either don't make it or end up not starting, but you never know who those guys are going to be.

Every one of the nine guys you listed had good to very good skills...they were recruited and offered scholarships for very good reasons. But, stuff happens. Mario Edwards was dismissed for repeated violations of team rules, Devin Radford transferred, Lo Williams left the program because of injuries (Lisfranc fracture I believe), Jerrod Williams transferred to Clemson as a walkon, Kent Hicks never lived up to his advance billing and transferred, Theodore Miller was dismissed for repeated violations of team rules, and Mike Hinton was extremely talented but was also dismissed for repeated violations of team rules.

Out of the nine you listed, Corey Gordon was a 2-deep contributor, and Cary Wade started at Rover his last year at Tech.

And again, since 2002, thirteen CBs/DBs ended up being drafted by the pros. It's just my opinion, but that more than counter-balances the seven that didn't make it.

Edwards was not dismissed. He left to be closer to home because he had a family member who was sick, I believe. Either way, he had a pretty good career with GT and we would have loved to have kept him.