• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And if we were to land Derrick Green or Smoke, we can officially start using the #RBU hash tag

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you guys like Clark then you'd like anybody. I've seen 4.6 and 4.7 times for him and the film backs that up. I'd much rather have someone like Sutton who is a burner

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb was listed at 4.7. Speed isn't everything, it is execution that matters more.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you guys like Clark then you'd like anybody. I've seen 4.6 and 4.7 times for him and the film backs that up. I'd much rather have someone like Sutton who is a burner

A few thoughts to consider, in no particular order...

1. The Tech coaching staff thought enough of Clark to offer him a scholarship. Four coaches have to sign off on an offer before they get extended, usually after a fair amount of discussion: the primary recruiter, the position coach, the coordinator, and the head coach.

2. Take those 40-times for Clark with a grain of salt, because we just don't know where or how Clark was timed in the 40. Was the track wet or dry? Was it a fast track or a slow track? Was he hand-timed or electronically-timed?

3. What kind of cover skills does he have? Can he move his hips? Does have good make-up speed?

4. What's his time in the 10-yard dash? What kind of time does he have in the NFL shuttle?

5. Does he have a good football IQ? Is he almost always around the ball?

6. What kind of character does he have...does he lead or follow?

7. What kind of student is he? Does he have good study habits? Is he disruptive in class?

8. Is his family supportive of what he's going to be doing over the next 3-5 years?

One final comment...I've seen burners at Tech who couldn't get on the field because they just couldn't master the mental part of the game. I've seen supposedly slow guys who were very seldom beat on any route.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who cares about his 40, with our staff's rep with DBs how can you seriously doubt anyone they offer? VT's staff is practically the authority on them at this point and any kid that gets an offer from VT as a DB is basically certified as quality goods to the other collegiate staffs.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also doubt you see VT move on Bowens except maybe(and I stress that) for a GS.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would LOVE to get smoke or derrick green as a nice RB piece to add to this puzzle. ive been loving what all the guys have been saying on twitter about how theyre not leaving school without a national title and things like that. this is our time. im sick and tired of hearing about the SEC and what a great football tradition they have! SCREW 'EM!

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, FWIW i have never seen any film on a QB better than bucky's. so excited he picked the hokies!!! to me, he seems like a great combo of the skill sets of logan and tyrod aka tygod.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i would LOVE to get smoke or derrick green as a nice RB piece to add to this puzzle. ive been loving what all the guys have been saying on twitter about how theyre not leaving school without a national title and things like that. this is our time. im sick and tired of hearing about the SEC and what a great football tradition they have! SCREW 'EM!
Much better shot with green than smoke. Reid will be a very good weapon as well

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about his 40, with our staff's rep with DBs how can you seriously doubt anyone they offer? VT's staff is practically the authority on them at this point and any kid that gets an offer from VT as a DB is basically certified as quality goods to the other collegiate staffs.

Agree 100%. We have been the best in the biz at this position for awhile IMO and If TG and BF's opinion is to go get him..then I am good with that. At the very least Clark COULD be a special teamer and provide depth in the secondary. Not every recruit we get will be a 2-3 year starter. As far as measurables go..the same could be said about Acree and Painter (who may be turning the corner)..these guys are absolute specimens/workout warriors...but haven't been able to get on the field and have been passed by for years for guys who are below them (as far as body fat % and pure athleticism go anyways)....

Much better shot with green than smoke. Reid will be a very good weapon as well

I like them both but don't sound like we have a great shot at either. I would prefer Green..we already have a yound change of pace guy in JC..but Smoke will be a good one too (and would still be welcomed in BBurg).

Speaking of Smoke..looks like he has been invited to the AA game..

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One thing I've noticed here is that you can't talk negatively about any VT recruit. They are all going to be good. Never mind that Clark had the worst measurables and least amount of offers (2) of any DB that VT has offered. I'd bet there isn't anyone in the current 2 deep secondary as slow as he is. Maybe as a senior he will be a backup safety. I would not have offered someone like him early especially in a year with limited scholarships

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing I've noticed here is that you can't talk negatively about any VT recruit. They are all going to be good. Never mind that Clark had the worst measurables and least amount of offers (2) of any DB that VT has offered. I'd bet there isn't anyone in the current 2 deep secondary as slow as he is. Maybe as a senior he will be a backup safety. I would not have offered someone like him early especially in a year with limited scholarships

Did he take your girlfriend off you or pick on your or something? You seem awfully bitter. 40 times mean jack shit, and so does determining a player's future worth while they are still a Jr. in high school.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark was the southeastern district defensive player of the year on a 2-10 team. You can not like the guy. I can disagree. As I said earlier, I don't put much stock in measurables. I don't want burners, I want football players.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Jake Grove - one other offer from VMI - won the Remington Award - played in the pros for many years

Cody Grimm - walked on at Tech - earned scholarship - became AA - deafted by the Bucs

Kam Chancellor - very few offers out of high school - drafted - starts for the Seahawks

Will Montgomery - walked on at Tech - earned a scholarship - plays in the pros

----I could go on but hopefully you get the picture.