• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where does bucky stand in these rankings? i havent had a chance to look. also, smoke is top 100. do we have any shot at him? uva hasnt produced a legit RB in 20 years. we put one in the nfl seemingly every season. that has to mean something to a player.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Looks like Bucky is tied for 6th with Fisher, Jefferson, Smoke, Parker, Levenberry etc. (based on grade). I personally don't put much stock in ESPN rankings. They listed Hack and Burns as the #1 and #3 QBs respectively and they are the only publication in the US that doesn't have Levenberry in its top 150..

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
where does bucky stand in these rankings? i havent had a chance to look. also, smoke is top 100. do we have any shot at him? uva hasnt produced a legit RB in 20 years. we put one in the nfl seemingly every season. that has to mean something to a player.

Rivals has Hodges ranked #202 nationally and #13 by position. No state player-ranking for Virginia yet. It must be tough for HokieHaven to create those in-state player-rankings when the site's best source jumps ship to 247 and the board owner lives in New York.

247 has Hodges ranked #50 nationally, #5 by position, and #3 in the state.

I don't pay much attention to any of the other recruiting services.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rivals free side lists him as a soft verbal

Want to know why that is? The person that handles that is a Hokie from what I have heard. He also done the same thing with Clifton Richardson a few years ago, and he was always a solid commit.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Want to know why that is? The person that handles that is a Hokie from what I have heard. He also done the same thing with Clifton Richardson a few years ago, and he was always a solid commit.
Harris will end up at UVA. He may shop some more which is why its soft but he will be a hoo

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mizzell will be a Hoo.

Yes, VT has sent some very good RB's to the NFL, but none of them have done much once they got there. That's more than likely going to change with R. Williams coming off his injury, and D Wilson soon to be drafted, but tell me a VT RB that had a good NFL career compared to Thomas Jones & Tiki Barber.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzell will be a Hoo.

Yes, VT has sent some very good RB's to the NFL, but none of them have done much once they got there. That's more than likely going to change with R. Williams coming off his injury, and D Wilson soon to be drafted, but tell me a VT RB that had a good NFL career compared to Thomas Jones & Tiki Barber.

Well yeah no one has, but the only one expected to really do well was Kevin Jones and he got hurt. Matt was exaggerating a bit (I'm sure it was to be insulting), but those guys you mentioned were at UVA over a decade ago. We were not a big program back then. I feel like ever since Vick put us on the map, we have had more highly regarded RB's go to the draft then UVA.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzell will be a Hoo.

Kevin Jones and Lee Suggs both had great NFL potential, but injuries derailed their careers....not to mention they started their careers with dismal organizations like Cleveland and Detroit.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Besides the argument shouldnt be about what guys did once they got to the NFL it should be which college gave them the best chance to get there. VT>whoVa

EDIT: nevermind i missed how this started. Carry on. (but maybe in the 216 thread)

Last edited by a moderator:

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VTFF you feeling Newsome but not Reid? Perhaps the reverse? I don't get the sense either really wants to wait much longer.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see on Twitter that we're starting to have the same annual discussion about the number of recruits Tech will sign. The following short commentary is just a general observation about annual recruiting, attrition to the roster, and how all of that applies to the Class of 2013.

This year, the claim is being made that Tech will take only 14-18 signees for 2013. As of this instant in time, with no other changes to the roster, that is probably a true statement. But, as we all know, attrition will take a toll on the roster before Signing Day in February 2013. Players leave the program for many reasons. The reasons include, but are not limited to, transfers, illnesses, injuries, failing academics, too many disciplinary actions, and suspensions/dismissals for legal issues outside the program.

Additionally, a few 2013 signees may have to grayshirt or prep, pushing their arrival into the 2014 Class. That could allow Tech to add another 2-4 signees to the 2013 Class.

Based on historical annual attrition, we can be safely assured of losses to the football program of somewhere between 4-6 players. That means we could take between 18 and 24 signees for 2013, but most probably close to 20. If we add another 2-4 players who will have to grayshirt or prep, that number will creep closer to 22-24.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mizzell will be a Hoo.

Don't count out OOS. It will be a cold day in hell when the Bayside coach allows a player to go yo VT.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see on Twitter that we're starting to have the same annual discussion about the number of recruits Tech will sign. The following short commentary is just a general observation about annual recruiting, attrition to the roster, and how all of that applies to the Class of 2013.

This year, the claim is being made that Tech will take only 14-18 signees for 2013. As of this instant in time, with no other changes to the roster, that is probably a true statement. But, as we all know, attrition will take a toll on the roster before Signing Day in February 2013. Players leave the program for many reasons. The reasons include, but are not limited to, transfers, illnesses, injuries, failing academics, too many disciplinary actions, and suspensions/dismissals for legal issues outside the program.

Additionally, a few 2013 signees may have to grayshirt or prep, pushing their arrival into the 2014 Class. That could allow Tech to add another 2-4 signees to the 2013 Class.

Based on historical annual attrition, we can be safely assured of losses to the football program of somewhere between 4-6 players. That means we could take between 18 and 24 signees for 2013, but most probably close to 20. If we add another 2-4 players who will have to grayshirt or prep, that number will creep closer to 22-24.
Already have 1 that will prep

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fisher? I heard that was a possibility. Also, chances of landing Bucky this weekend?? Just want to make sure I am not getting excited for nothing.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTFF you feeling Newsome but not Reid? Perhaps the reverse? I don't get the sense either really wants to wait much longer.

Reid was 1 of my 3 "early locks" back in January. The other 2 were Fisher and Teller. Obviously Teller seems more up in the air now but Fisher committed. Reid will also shortly.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reid was 1 of my 3 "early locks" back in January. The other 2 were Fisher and Teller. Obviously Teller seems more up in the air now but Fisher committed. Reid will also shortly.
Reid could jump as soon as this weekend. He has said he wants to wait until the summer but I don't see it. It is between VT and USF and we are very much in the drivers seat