• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kickermom - I heard a story last night from one of the other NNFC coaches that Dillon popped a size 3 soccer ball at age 9 when he kicked it against a fence, quite impressive! Will you all be in for the spring game?

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kickermom - I heard a story last night from one of the other NNFC coaches that Dillon popped a size 3 soccer ball at age 9 when he kicked it against a fence, quite impressive! Will you all be in for the spring game?

Haha...yeah i guess that leg was pretty strong from the start. Funny too because he broke it at 14 months old. Just when he had started walking, he broke it but he kept on walking with cast and all - looked like an orangutan with his arms up - quite funny.

Unfortunately, a personal financial crisis has come upon me and I just couldn't swing the gas money and hotel for the spring game. He will however be at Camp on June 3rd. As much as we wanted to be there, it just didn't work out. He is going to go to ODU's spring game instead since it is close and will only require a small amount of gas.

We will be there in spirit though! :smile:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha...yeah i guess that leg was pretty strong from the start. Funny too because he broke it at 14 months old. Just when he had started walking, he broke it but he kept on walking with cast and all - looked like an orangutan with his arms up - quite funny.

Unfortunately, a personal financial crisis has come upon me and I just couldn't swing the gas money and hotel for the spring game. He will however be at Camp on June 3rd. As much as we wanted to be there, it just didn't work out. He is going to go to ODU's spring game instead since it is close and will only require a small amount of gas.

We will be there in spirit though! :smile:
Sounds good, I saw him last night at Riverview. Seems like I see him once a week now haha, he is always at the Menchville soccer games.

kickermom27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds good, I saw him last night at Riverview. Seems like I see him once a week now haha, he is always at the Menchville soccer games.

Yeah he REALLY misses playing soccer. I feel terrible but one of his NNFC teammates just broke his femur in a soccer game for YORK HS. I'm just not willing to risk his football opportunities.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzell will be a Hoo.

Yes, VT has sent some very good RB's to the NFL, but none of them have done much once they got there. That's more than likely going to change with R. Williams coming off his injury, and D Wilson soon to be drafted, but tell me a VT RB that had a good NFL career compared to Thomas Jones & Tiki Barber.

i'm just jumping in the middle of the conversation here, and not really reading other posts to get the back story...but this just seems like a lame argument here.

it's like you're trying to say that if nothing else about those RBs were different, other than where they attended school, they would have had a different outcome in the NFL?

i may be misinterpreting what you're saying but it reads as though you're saying that if Tiki Barber and Thomas Jones went to VT, they probably wouldnt have done much in the NFL....and likewise, had Lee Suggs and Kevin Jones gone to UVA, they would have had long fruitful NFL careers?
I assume I am misinterpreting this...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just jumping in the middle of the conversation here, and not really reading other posts to get the back story...but this just seems like a lame argument here.

it's like you're trying to say that if nothing else about those RBs were different, other than where they attended school, they would have had a different outcome in the NFL?

i may be misinterpreting what you're saying but it reads as though you're saying that if Tiki Barber and Thomas Jones went to VT, they probably wouldnt have done much in the NFL....and likewise, had Lee Suggs and Kevin Jones gone to UVA, they would have had long fruitful NFL careers?
I assume I am misinterpreting this...

Yes, you are misinterpreting. Matt said that VT was better for RB's than UVa was since VT has sent more to the NFL over the past 20 years, so what I was saying was that Barber and Jones were both in the past 20 years, and they had solid careers in the NFL. We have sent a few more recently as well, just not the caliber that of Kevin Jones, Ryan Williams, etc. Jason Snelling is and has been a solid contributor for Atlanta for several seasons now, and Wali Lundy got considerable play team when the Texans were in the first few years of their franchise.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you are misinterpreting. Matt said that VT was better for RB's than UVa was since VT has sent more to the NFL over the past 20 years, so what I was saying was that Barber and Jones were both in the past 20 years, and they had solid careers in the NFL. We have sent a few more recently as well, just not the caliber that of Kevin Jones, Ryan Williams, etc. Jason Snelling is and has been a solid contributor for Atlanta for several seasons now, and Wali Lundy got considerable play team when the Texans were in the first few years of their franchise.

Surprised you're not attempting to throw in Ahmad Bradshaw as well.

:ss:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough, like i said, i didnt read any of the background posts or anything...just happened on that one and was too lazy to read the rest, lol

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this should probably go in the NFL thread, but in the NFL these days, being a good RB is hardly marketable. Having a solid career as a RB is almost more luck than anything because it mostly comes down to playing behind a good OL and not getting injured. Guys like Ray Rice, AP, LeSean McCoy, and Arian Foster are sick, but after that, everyone is more or less equal. Players like Jason Snelling and Lundy just make the best of their situations.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised you're not attempting to throw in Ahmad Bradshaw as well.

:ss:

I would have, but since his dumbass never actually played for UVa, he didn't give me the oppotunity to.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have, but since his dumbass never actually played for UVa, he didn't give me the oppotunity to.

Seems that we could move this over to a "UVA fans" thread or something.

Doesn't seem that this discussion belongs here.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Many stay uncommitted to help their teamates gain exposure,but I agree
Someone on TKP made a good point though .. O'Daniel was supposed to wait until the AA game to commit too (I'm pretty sure). I'm pretty sure that all of the GC kids, except for Kendall Fuller, has committed elsewhere ... If those two things are true, there really is no reason for him to wait -- if he knows he's gonna be a Hokie that is :)

Fingers crossed though it probably won't happen.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on TKP made a good point though .. O'Daniel was supposed to wait until the AA game to commit too (I'm pretty sure). I'm pretty sure that all of the GC kids, except for Kendall Fuller, has committed elsewhere ... If those two things are true, there really is no reason for him to wait -- if he knows he's gonna be a Hokie that is :)

Tim Harris said he was going to wait until NSD to announce, but we see how that turned out.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Stefon Colbert (although I am not sure he is playing anymore), CJ Jones and Michael Konrad are still uncommitted from GC. There may be a few more that will shine at camp and potentially get an offer, but I agree with you there is not much left to gain from Fuller holding out, unless he just wants to national attention at the AA game