• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am really hoping that with Holsey going to UA that Crawley will jump on board soon. If that happens I think that the DB recruiting will shut down, Crawley would be a great addition to this class

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really hoping that with Holsey going to UA that Crawley will jump on board soon. If that happens I think that the DB recruiting will shut down, Crawley would be a great addition to this class

Crawley has in the neighborhood of 30 offers, correct?

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just stating: Rivals and 247sports says we offered Todd Gurley and Chris Mangus. After seeing film, I really like Mangus. Hope he boards the Hokie train soon!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do not have TSL Pass but it looks as if CJ Prosise may be leaning towards going out of state. TSL has a subscription article out about him if anyone has a TSL Pass account and wants to read it.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not have TSL, but I think that Prosise is not going to be coming to Tech. I think that we will take Crawley if he decides to commit, and if not, we will just go with the DBs we have. I would really like to see us get one of the DL on board though. I know that we have a ton of offers out, but I am getting a bit nervous. At this time last year we had a ton of offers out to linebackers who were "all Hokie" and that did not turn out so well.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do not have TSL, but I think that Prosise is not going to be coming to Tech. I think that we will take Crawley if he decides to commit, and if not, we will just go with the DBs we have. I would really like to see us get one of the DL on board though. I know that we have a ton of offers out, but I am getting a bit nervous. At this time last year we had a ton of offers out to linebackers who were "all Hokie" and that did not turn out so well.
I think that we will see multiple O-Line and D-Line commits after the camps. Some people wait to tell the coaches in person of a commit also, so I think we will see a few more commits this summer when people are camping at VT. I really hope Crawley follows the footsteps of his friends and comes to VT. I would not be surprised to hear that the recruiters are pushing for some commits soon (him in particular). I think VT will be fine with recruiting this year and we will get a few big names. We really need to stack up on some O-Line and D-Line and I would really like to bring in 1 more RB and 2 more WR in this class, plus some linebackers. Who knows what is going to happen but I think we may see some commits soon with summer coming up.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think that the two new running back offers may have been made to add a bit of urgency to Drew Harris. We are only taking two, I would say, so first come first in.....
I was thinking the same thing, although the 2 new offers at RB seem to be very legit players as well so I would be happy with any of them, however I think Harris is the best fit with JC Coleman. I think Harris may wait out his commitment which could end up with him going elsewhere but Shane knows what he is doing so hopefully it will end with him suiting up for VT in the future.

Also, I am seeing that Greg Pyke is going to be visiting VT soon (rivals) why have we not extended an offer? His offer sheet is nice and we need some more big OT players, what is the hold up?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shane could convince Lattimore to go to the garbage Gamecocks (name the last stud running back there), he should be able to get Harris to come to VT. I agree that he is the best compliment to Coleman as well. I really like Cogdell as well, as a running back or mike. bring him in, he will play somewhere and he seems like a great kid.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Shane could convince Lattimore to go to the garbage Gamecocks (name the last stud running back there), he should be able to get Harris to come to VT. I agree that he is the best compliment to Coleman as well. I really like Cogdell as well, as a running back or mike. bring him in, he will play somewhere and he seems like a great kid.
I could see bringing in Cogdell, I think that Shane will get Harris to come to VT (that is a bold statement and in no way is warranted by any information I have received, just my O&M glasses on). I can see VT not turning away Cogdell because he does have potential to play another position and based of (what I have heard and seen) character alone, he seems to be someone that VT would love to have in their system. If Harris comes in before Cogdell, I could see him looking elsewhere to get some playing time unless VT can get Coleman in early, and then Harris and Cogdell to red shirt, creating some separation but I don't think that any of those 3 want to be in a potential 3 back rotation.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that the best that Cogdell can expect from us is a greyshirt offer, unless we whiff on all of our linebacker prospects, which I doubt will happen.

On another note, who do you think plays as a True Fresh?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still think that the best that Cogdell can expect from us is a greyshirt offer, unless we whiff on all of our linebacker prospects, which I doubt will happen.

Out of this recruiting class or last years recruiting class?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last year, the one coming in. Lazy morning, and I have an hour to kill, ha ha!!
Adeboye Aromire may see the field this year as a true freshman (even though he enrolled early) He is 3rd on the depth chart right now I think as a corner, but if there is an injury I could see him stepping on the field this year. I think they will play the redshirt game with him where they will reshirt him unless the need him to burn the shirt.

Jame Farrow could come in an play on special teams. I have heard that he has bulked up a little and kept his speed. I could see them using him as a return man to keep Hosley safe.

I could possibly see Jarrett coming in an playing right away but that would be in case of emergency IMO unless he sees some time on special teams.

I think Holmes will get redshirted unless he can come in and work his way up to #3 on the depth chart and RB. That will all depend on how he comes in and if TG fully recovers.

Ronny VanDyke will play the redshirt game at saftey I think and he will get a serious look at some early playing time (especiialy to groom him for the future) but it will be based on how he comes in.

I think that Farrow and Aromire have the best chance at seeing the field early, with Jarrett also in the mix.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:

We usually work in a freshman cornerback (Hosley, Fuller etc...) as part of the two deep. With the losses of Sykes and Williams at cornerback, I can see Jarrett playing early. Thus far, Aromire has been playing safety, I thought. Between Farrow and Jarrett, jarret just looks more ready to play cornerback at the next level too me. Like you said though, Farrow may get in on special teams....which leads me to....

...Robert Lockhart, who I think will see playing time on special teams for sure. Can you imagine he and Wilson returning kickoffs. Wow. Knowles may get a look as well, but I think Lockhart is more likely.

I also expect to see Harley compete for that 4th DT spot. He has an NFL body and played at WC where he saw tremendous competition. I would not be shocked to see him get significant reps by the end of the season.

I agree with you on Holmes for the reasons you mention. I hope we can shirt him and use DW and JO as a tandem but we will see. I worry about TG's knee still. He is skinny and injury prone.

I also think that one of the ends may get some time. Marshall seems the most likely from his film, but Taylor enrolled early and impressed, so one of those two.

In addition, I can see Redman or Malleck getting some time at TE, especially if the attrition that I mentioned before comes to fruition.

I also agree on RVD.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think we'll see Aromire, Harley, Lockhart, Vandyke, and either Redman or Malleck getting possible playing time. Aromire could play CB or Rover after a solid spring. Harley could be this year's D. Hopkins as we are light on depth at the DT. Lockhart could come in on special teams, but with the depth at WR, I doubt he'd be used much so a redshirt may be best. Vandyke could come in and play on special teams too, but the depth at both safety positions is weak so he could come in and make some noise. A tight end is likely to be needed and I think these two are the most ready to make a case for playing time, especially if we decide to use multiple tight end formations.

Other guys that could play are Marshall and Farrow. However, I really think only Aromire and Harley have a legitimate chance at playing due to readiness and depth concerns.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My thoughts:

We usually work in a freshman cornerback (Hosley, Fuller etc...) as part of the two deep. With the losses of Sykes and Williams at cornerback, I can see Jarrett playing early. Thus far, Aromire has been playing safety, I thought. Between Farrow and Jarrett, jarret just looks more ready to play cornerback at the next level too me. Like you said though, Farrow may get in on special teams....which leads me to....

...Robert Lockhart, who I think will see playing time on special teams for sure. Can you imagine he and Wilson returning kickoffs. Wow. Knowles may get a look as well, but I think Lockhart is more likely.

I also expect to see Harley compete for that 4th DT spot. He has an NFL body and played at WC where he saw tremendous competition. I would not be shocked to see him get significant reps by the end of the season.

I agree with you on Holmes for the reasons you mention. I hope we can shirt him and use DW and JO as a tandem but we will see. I worry about TG's knee still. He is skinny and injury prone.

I also think that one of the ends may get some time. Marshall seems the most likely from his film, but Taylor enrolled early and impressed, so one of those two.

In addition, I can see Redman or Malleck getting some time at TE, especially if the attrition that I mentioned before comes to fruition.

I also agree on RVD.
I can see what you are saying about Harley, it is just difficult for a true freshman to come in and play on the line right away. I did not think about lockhart playing special teams, I could see that, it would also get some early playing time for a WR with most of the WRs leaving after this season, good call.

I am not sure about one of the ends playing early with McCray and Perez-Means, the ends would have to come in and out perform them and I dont see it happening but that is just me.

I can see either of those TE's coming in and making an impact, they will get a shot with the depleated TE pool we have right now.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to guess Jarrett and Aromire will play special teams. Both are going to get their shot at CB and i think Jarrett has a decent chance to start seeing some playing time there by the end of the season (I have high hopes for him). Also, could see Harley or Marshall if they break into the 2-deep or if there are any injuries, but I'd rather have them redshirted.