• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like to bash kids for their decisions or for being confident in the school that they choose. Good luck to Diggs. If we has not confident about the school he cose, I would have more of a problem with him. It is one thing when a kid jerks around a bunch of other schools, but he didn't so I have no issue with his choice.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marseanbaybee Teamdiggssssdsss
Blessed to be apart of #TERPNATION TIME TO PUT UMD WHERE THEY SHOULD BE #believe
12 hours ago

TerpNation? Seriously? :lol:

I've been stuck in this awful border state for five years now, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that UMD (and the 'Skins, and the O's) is right where they "should be".

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like to bash kids for their decisions or for being confident in the school that they choose. Good luck to Diggs. If we has not confident about the school he cose, I would have more of a problem with him. It is one thing when a kid jerks around a bunch of other schools, but he didn't so I have no issue with his choice.

I get what youre saying but come on, win championships? At Maryland? Thats pretty fucking funny. If he would have said be competitive and stay close to home thats one thing, but championships at Maryland....and TerpNation haha Have you seen how empty Byrd is? Thats like a Hoo saying they expect to start a dynasty.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people that want Chris Mangus at WR need to rewatch his film. Dude is going to make a hell of a running back if he can add some power to his game. He is David Wilson minus the power, but + the vision. Could very well have the best vision of all the backs committed for 2012 ......would be a shame to waste that vision as a slot reciever. Mangus isn't Tony Gregory, and shouldn't be treated like it.

I asked Coach Cav if there was a possibility that Mangus would be moved out to slot and he told me I should stop reading message boards and that it's not going to happen. "He's not even on campus yet"

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't have a problem with him choosing maryland at all or being confident enough to say "win championships" .. that's anyone's goal .. what do we expect him to say? i'm going to maryland to hopefully get the program contending for a berth to the acccg ?? what i have a problem with is:

1. his real reasons for going to maryland .. i don't believe for one second that the fact that he'll big the big cheese on the field and campus didn't play into it. he goes to florida or ohio state and he's just another 4/5 freshman who has to prove himself and probably sit for a year or two. he will probably play and start as a true frosh at umd .. he'll be there for two years and be gone .. he could give a shit about his team or anyone but getting to the nfl and the $ as quickly as possible .. geez -- his twitter phrase says it all:

Next step saturdays after that Sunday's .. Give all glory to GOD .

By God .. he means:
1in_god_we_trust.jpg

2. and most importantly, the fucking spectacle that he's made of himself -- like he's the next coming of percy harvin/cam newton/whoever .. geez -- he wasn't even the #1 athlete in the country in most people's eyes .. and i'm sure his shit most definitely does stink .. announcing a week after signing day?? having a 3-hour signing party?? give me a break. not only will he come in as the typical freshman with 0% respect (who will have to earn it) .. if i played for maryland, he'd be coming in with -25% respect .. and i'd be looking for the first chance to knock the shit out of him (if i could catch him that is)

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked Coach Cav if there was a possibility that Mangus would be moved out to slot and he told me I should stop reading message boards and that it's not going to happen. "He's not even on campus yet"

Thanks for sharing Taz....I think Mangus is going to be a hell of a running back. Just because he's 6 foot and skinny doesn't mean he's going to be a receiver ..... a couple of years with Gentry will solve the skinny part.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i dont think it's so much as people expecting mangus to move to wr .. just maybe more wishful thinking .. in the sense of having as many playmakers on the field as possible .. if jc, harris, and mangus all work out well -- would be a shame that 1 or more likely 2 of them would be sitting all the time .. it's a good problem to have though .. that's for sure.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i dont think it's so much as people expecting mangus to move to wr .. just maybe more wishful thinking .. in the sense of having as many playmakers on the field as possible .. if jc, harris, and mangus all work out well -- would be a shame that 1 or more likely 2 of them would be sitting all the time .. it's a good problem to have though .. that's for sure.

IMO if we cant find a way to get ALL these guys on the field. 1 or 2 of them will be playing for another team by their JR years. All 3 of those guys are good enough to be "featured" backs, not to mention if Edmunds and Wright stick @ RB.

FTR if he can catch i think there is a need for mangus in the slot. He is electic with the ball in his hands and while i love the big possession guys that we have we also need a couple of quick twitch lightning bolts to complement them. Im hopeful that knowles will be "that guy" but with him playing so little football, mangus may be a better option.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO if we cant find a way to get ALL these guys on the field. 1 or 2 of them will be playing for another team by their JR years. All 3 of those guys are good enough to be "featured" backs, not to mention if Edmunds and Wright stick @ RB.

FTR if he can catch i think there is a need for mangus in the slot. He is electic with the ball in his hands and while i love the big possession guys that we have we also need a couple of quick twitch lightning bolts to complement them. Im hopeful that knowles will be "that guy" but with him playing so little football, mangus may be a better option.

Knowles came close to some playing time this past year as a true freshman....Asante could be in the mix too. Don't forget Greene from the 2012 class has a good shot at being a slot guy as well.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Knowles came close to some playing time this past year as a true freshman....Asante could be in the mix too. Don't forget Greene from the 2012 class has a good shot at being a slot guy as well.

Good points, I honestly didnt realize Asante was as fast as he is. Yeah i know knowles was close last year, but with injuries and such we were also pretty thin @ WR too. Im not saying that i dont think knowles will be a player for us, his speed alone is enough to get excited about, i just like Mangus there also.

I know that isnt where we have him slotted now but i expect Greene to find his home on defense.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points, I honestly didnt realize Asante was as fast as he is. Yeah i know knowles was close last year, but with injuries and such we were also pretty thin @ WR too. Im not saying that i dont think knowles will be a player for us, his speed alone is enough to get excited about, i just like Mangus there also.

I know that isnt where we have him slotted now but i expect Greene to find his home on defense.

Yea, it's still way to early to tell for real, but i kind of see it shaping out to be like this...**In no particular order**

Split end- Caleb, Irick, Smith, Reeves, Smiling
Flanker/Slot- Knowles, Asante, Greene, Stanford, Fuller
***And there also could be walk-ons factoring in here and there

I think either Greene or Frye is going to end up at WR.....and i'm just guessing it's going to be Greene. I think Gray is going to like Frye's length and athleticism at safety.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know 40 time isnt always a great indicator, but i keep hearing how much speed these different guys have... how fast are fuller, asante, knowles? i know mangus runs a 4.4 but what about the others

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he can give us some of that "SEC speed". also, there is a random phrase that i once heard at a game in Lane years back that I would like to bring here...

"Kill! Kill! Kill! Blood makes the grass grow!" this season's D might be that smash mouth D of old, so I hope I can bring this back fittingly.