• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Geez...I figured they'd be taking Kirven to Bull and Bones or a Japanese steakhouse or something. Cookout is a little sub par don't you think?

Apparently Kirven absolutely loved it. Said he had 3 milkshakes and more. He was up there for quite a few meals so I think they did him right with meal selection and it could be that Cookout was just for a dessert or something.

Just an FYI, hokiesports.com will have a Signing Ticker on their website again this year (though this year it won't be in flash so it can be viewed with smartphones). 'Tis what I used last year for all the official signings.

Signing Ticker Ready For Wednesday

Hah, only a problem for certain smartphones :cool2:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
@HokieFootbalCC Chris Horne of TSL divulged gr8 nugget: Walkon K commit Brooks Abbott was referred to VT by Joel Caleb at Army All-American bowl.

Caleb been doing some recruiting

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's Blue. If he had an offer from any major FL school he never would have picked VT.

If I recall right, he committed the day after DVD (or one of the LBs)...didn't want to be left out...seen multiple articles that said he wanted to go to one of the big 3 Florida schools, if offered.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is interesting...

HokieFootballCC Chris Colston
I thought Bama was out of it for Kirven but apparently not.

Hmmm. Coach Sunseri was Kirven's recruiter at Bama. I was concerned that Tennessee was going to be our main competition when Coach Sunseri left Bama for the Vols. This seems to indicate that Coach Saban had a pretty positive affect on Kirven when he recently visited Kirven at his high school.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is interesting...

HokieFootballCC Chris Colston
I thought Bama was out of it for Kirven but apparently not.

Hmmm. Coach Sunseri was Kirven's recruiter at Bama. I was concerned that Tennessee was going to be our main competition when Coach Sunseri left Bama for the Vols. This seems to indicate that Coach Saban had a pretty positive affect on Kirven when he recently visited Kirven at his high school.
Saben

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I recall right, he committed the day after DVD (or one of the LBs)...didn't want to be left out...seen multiple articles that said he wanted to go to one of the big 3 Florida schools, if offered.

I've always thought this scenario had a good chance of happening from day 1 of his verbal. And yes, he landed the day after DVD because the staff flat out told him if Edmunds got on before him, his spot was gone. VT was the best offer he had and so he went with it. This was a verbal of convenience, he's never had dreams or plans of being a Hokie. This is him making the best out of a bad situation(in his eyes).

Manning is almost the exact opposite. You switch their offer lists and Manning is still a Hokie but there's no way Blue would say the same.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HokieFootbalCC Chris Horne of TSL divulged gr8 nugget: Walkon K commit Brooks Abbott was referred to VT by Joel Caleb at Army All-American bowl.

Caleb been doing some recruiting

Yeah, that doesn't seem like something you do if you're going to disappoint a school after you've been in contact with them for so long like Caleb has. Didn't hear about Cyrus Jones referring anyone to us at the under armor game, that's for sure.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a clean sweep coming on

1tumblr_lvrd97v1VP1qjvsoxo2_r1_500.gif

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
caleb and kirven

Yeah, that doesn't seem like something you do if you're going to disappoint a school after you've been in contact with them for so long like Caleb has. Didn't hear about Cyrus Jones referring anyone to us at the under armor game, that's for sure.

exactly my sentiments -- that sounds pretty good

as far as kirven goes (would take this with a grain of salt), but on one board yesterday, a user was referencing another board with a legit in-the-know who said that kirven was down to vt/bama, not vt/tennessee .. after reading that interview transcript, i think he looks good for us too (not as good as the other two but good). guess we'll know soon enough and then what the hell are we gonna talk about? 2013? or we can start stirring up the "vt-to-the-sec" crap again .. haha