• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original point had to do with the slow 40-time (4.71) posted by Rivals for Caleb that is inconsistent with his evaluations by the ACC and SEC coaches.

JMHO, but if you want a better indicator of speed/quickness/explosiveness, I would substitute the 10-yard dash over that of the 20-yard dash.

True, didn't think most combine settings still used the 10 though, thought they used the 20 and 40......may have it backwards though.

Caleb will be fine from a speed standpoint. Assuming he ends up at split-end, he's most likely still a step or 2 faster than Boykin, and he turned out pretty good. Let's just hope he can go after the ball in the air like Boykin. Lack of film for Caleb at the WR position doesn't help when trying to evaluate him. Dude has hella skills in the open field though. RW esque vision and one cut and get upfield ability. Also should be big and strong enough to beat smaller defenders, and get off press coverage.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Little's verified 40 time in HS was 4.68 seconds. If Caleb turns out to be Greg Little on the field, he (and we?) will have done quite well.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounds like Josh Stanford did take his official to TCU per his twitter, or he was going on a family vacation, but I doubt it...

Joshua Stanford
yoshiJS Joshua Stanford
Ive been to the airport so much this month the piolets and I have our own dap
27 Jan Favorite Retweet Reply

Joshua Stanford
yoshiJS Joshua Stanford
Ive been at the airport so much this month I ask the flight attendants how their kids are doing
27 Jan

Joshua Stanford
yoshiJS Joshua Stanford
Ive been to the airport so much this month at the foodcourt I tell them "the regular"
27 Jan

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a good kid, I have no doubts in his word. He didn't take many visits I'm assuming (just based on how late we offered), so I don't blame him for taking a visit for the fun of it.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He seems like a good kid, I have no doubts in his word. He didn't take many visits I'm assuming (just based on how late we offered), so I don't blame him for taking a visit for the fun of it.
Not for the fun of it, but because he gave the coaches his word that he would visit if they wanted him to, even after he committed to VT. He told Beamer about it, he is very solid to his word from what I have read and seen. No worries if he did take the trip, he is a solid Hokie!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for the fun of it, but because he gave the coaches his word that he would visit if they wanted him to, even after he committed to VT. He told Beamer about it, he is very solid to his word from what I have read and seen. No worries if he did take the trip, he is a solid Hokie![/QUOTE]

That's not written in stone yet...probable, but nowhere near definate.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not for the fun of it, but because he gave the coaches his word that he would visit if they wanted him to, even after he committed to VT. He told Beamer about it, he is very solid to his word from what I have read and seen. No worries if he did take the trip, he is a solid Hokie![/QUOTE]

That's not written in stone yet...probable, but nowhere near definate.
I think he is true to his word, should have stated that was IMO

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Josh Stanford did take his official to TCU per his twitter, or he was going on a family vacation, but I doubt it...

I figured he would, I never heard anything substantiated about him actually cancelling it.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think that we should invite the man in my avatar back and have him chase players down the field at junior days and camps. It would be a good judge. You can't put a number on "survival instinct".

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think that we should invite the man in my avatar back and have him chase players down the field at junior days and camps. It would be a good judge. You can't put a number on "survival instinct".

I like it! It will drop .1 off anyone's 40

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You think these UT fans are a little desperate for some good football news? They have over 90 pages just on Kirven....

Are we having any predictions about some last minute shocks like we had last year? Or any last minute offers going out?