• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know THE Ghost....

;)

He didn't get any ectoplasm on you did he??? LOL

Ectoplasm.png

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Beamer was on Bill King this morning and I AM PUMPED. I have been listening to his show for 3+ years and I never hear anything about VT when it comes to closing out recruiting for a particular season. While Shane could not talk about recruits who are still current targets for VT's '12 class, he could talk about people already at school like JC as well as other things like his recruiting philosophy, our facilities and "what we do." Fucking BAD-ASS. I will post a link to the interview when they put it up on their site.

PS: You will need to register on Bill's site (free) to listen to it.

Way to go Shane!!!!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's a couple of conflicting tweets about Korren Kirven...

OrangeZone_247OrangeZone_247
DT Korren Kirven parents will be coming with him on his visit to Tennessee. This is huge. Chances of landing him increase everyday

RockyTopGA Rocky Top GA
Swervin' Korren Kirven's folks are coming in for a visit on Wednesday and leaving Korren at home. This has to be a decent sign...

I guess we know for sure Kirven's parents are making a mid-week trip to Tennessee, with or without Korren. JMHO, but this will tighten up the selection process considerably, possibly giving the edge to Tennessee.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee went 1-7 in the SEC last season. And that 1 win was in OT. Knoxville is fun, but not that fun. Kind of a slap in the face if he chooses Tenn over VT. Then again I guess its like the very, very rare times a guy chooses UVA over VT.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a couple of conflicting tweets about Korren Kirven...

OrangeZone_247OrangeZone_247
DT Korren Kirven parents will be coming with him on his visit to Tennessee. This is huge. Chances of landing him increase everyday

RockyTopGA Rocky Top GA
Swervin' Korren Kirven's folks are coming in for a visit on Wednesday and leaving Korren at home. This has to be a decent sign...

I guess we know for sure Kirven's parents are making a mid-week trip to Tennessee, with or without Korren. JMHO, but this will tighten up the selection process considerably, possibly giving the edge to Tennessee.

What are they going to do with Kirven's folks?....show them a 5 star hotel and spa they'll be put up in when they come to town for games?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ekanem

from rivalsmike (Mike Farrell):

Fell that #VirginiaTech has a big edge for Ken Ekanem heading into his official to #NotreDame this weekend.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I keep seeing this on DirectSnap.com and it continues to irritate the crap out of me.

Under the Composite ranking for Linebacker, they list the following:

1) Kwontie Moore
LB Norfolk, VA 6'3" 243 lbs
Virginia Cavaliers
Rivals- #76 Scout- NR 247Sports- #52 ESPN- NR

How does a guy earn a #1 overall composite ranking for linebackers with a #76 ranking by Rivals, a #52 ranking by 247/Sports, and no ranking by Scout and ESPN??

WTF, over?

DirectSnap.com Composite LB Ranking

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are overall numbers by Rivals and 216.

Raphael Kirby is the best LB in the country.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BIG OFFICIAL VISIT this weekend for Frank and the boys .. Not sure if anyone else is visiting other than KK -- so I'm sure all the staff will be focused on him. That's a good thing I think.

Re: Caleb == Does anyone know what we're doing, particularly, to try to land him? In-home visits? Any of that? It's been a good while since his OV and with he and his 'rents visiting WVU recently, I'd certainly hope we're making a good push. Hopefully, rivals and scout are both right and he's a lock.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How would everyone feel if Ekanem was the only one of these three that signed with the good guys? In some circles, he's the highest rated. Yes, I know we need some depth at WR...

Also, how big is the chance Deloatch could still switch to us? I know they're "discussing his options".

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled to have Ekanem but pretty upset about losing Caleb since he has been so high on Tech for so long and he is an in-state guy at a position of need.

As for Kirven, I would hate missing out on an in-state recruit, but I have never gotten the warm feeling that others have and we have a lot of depth at DT, so I would be less upset.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Beamer was on Bill King this morning and I AM PUMPED. I have been listening to his show for 3+ years and I never hear anything about VT when it comes to closing out recruiting for a particular season. While Shane could not talk about recruits who are still current targets for VT's '12 class, he could talk about people already at school like JC as well as other things like his recruiting philosophy, our facilities and "what we do." Fucking BAD-ASS. I will post a link to the interview when they put it up on their site.

PS: You will need to register on Bill's site (free) to listen to it.

Way to go Shane!!!!

Billisking.com - The VOX of College Sport

(around 28:50)

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well put 46. And I think Caleb may be a more natural hard hitting safety. Blasphemy, I know.