• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I took it differently than everyone else. The way I read it was more of a "he's made up his mind and could announce anytime he wants to" more than a "He will announce today". Guess we have 14 hours to see.

And if he does you guys should be happy.

lets hope he does announce today then :hail:

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Crawley does have to prep, i hope he's a top priority for the staff...he wants to be a hokie!

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Crawley does have to prep, i hope he's a top priority for the staff...he wants to be a hokie!

Prepping players is risky and VT has been burned before by several kids. You're essentially giving up a spot to a future class and by doing so, not spending time recruiting another player. If a kid has to prep, then there are chances he still may not qualify and have the work ethic required in prepping. It's the reason the coaches are hesistant to offer Deloatch. If a kid wasn't serious about qualifying to earn that offer, what happens when he actually gets that offer? The last thing you want to do is waste a scholarship on a player not committed to the team when there are others who are willing to be.

Crawley is a good player, but there are great DBs in the 2013 class, along with the great ones we've landed in 2011-2012 to overcome not getting him. I've heard he still hasn't taken the SAT/ACT, which could be very telling to his future.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From twitter:

EricKolenichRTD Eric Kolenich
Joel Caleb says he will wait until signing day to make his college decision. Clover Hill senior has more than 30 scholarship offers.
31 minutes ago

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From twitter:

EricKolenichRTD Eric Kolenich
Joel Caleb says he will wait until signing day to make his college decision. Clover Hill senior has more than 30 scholarship offers.
31 minutes ago

I don't know where they got the idea he was going to decide today. He's been telling everyone he was waiting til NSD ever since he got hurt and couldn't play in the AA game.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him.

agreed...i'm sick of that crap. what happened to a man's word is his bond? i don't want someone like that on tech anyway. sure we may not get the top talent in the world, but the ones we do get are, for the most part, stand up guys. they work hard, and they have a team first mentality...and i'll take that any day.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being one of the only D1 schools to even look at him and a week before he is supposed to be here. Seriously fuck him and if I ever meet him in person I will tell him the same thing.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being one of the only D1 schools to even look at him and a week before he is supposed to be here. Seriously fuck him and if I ever meet him in person I will tell him the same thing.

I don't mind a kid de-committing but to wait this late in the game when a place was held for him and after we have backed off on other people, this is just garbage. I hope he gets lit the fuck up by RVD, Cole, Boye and/or Exum down the line.....

Is there even anyone let for us to pursue at WR?

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fuck him.

This is why I could care less about recruiting prep players. It has been a waste of time for our program over the years. I can name 4 highly rated players decommitting once they get thru prep school. Our program did everything to get the player ready for college and these kids sucker punch them at the end. If you cant make it without prepping, we dont want you. In all seriousness, if you barely make it thru high school, most likely they will not have the commitment to make it in college anyways.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind a kid de-committing but to wait this late in the game when a place was held for him and after we have backed off on other people, this is just garbage. I hope he gets lit the fuck up by RVD, Cole, Boye and/or Exum down the line.....

Not like Robert. I agree 100%. We've dealt with Roberts bullshit for over a year. And a week before he is supposed to be on campus he decommits? If we didn't offer last year, Nebraska doesn't find out, and hes probably playing at some D2 school.

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Mangus will be better anyways. Very classy kid too.