• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had an in-home with him this week but his last in home is with Alabama so it is going to be a tough fight. I think he will announce at his all star game (UnderArmour) or NSD and it will be Bama, but we have a tiny chance.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had an in-home with him this week but his last in home is with Alabama so it is going to be a tough fight. I think he will announce at his all star game (UnderArmour) or NSD and it will be Bama, but we have a tiny chance.

Ohio State scout boards had a thread last night saying that Jones told Saban he's coming to Tuscaloosa. Don't know if it's true, but here's the link.

Scout.com: Cyrus Jones commits to Alabama

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State scout boards had a thread last night saying that Jones told Saban he's coming to Tuscaloosa. Don't know if it's true, but here's the link.

Scout.com: Cyrus Jones commits to Alabama

Ohio State fans think they know a lot more than they do on a lot of things. I think he will go to Alabama but he has not committed to anyone yet.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Maryland has hired former New Mexico coach Locksley as their OC. I see where some UVa fans are worried about this because of Locksley's reputation as a recruiter. At the same time, some UVa posters are saying current Maryland players are telling recruits not to bother coming there. I think they've already had 8 players transfer out. What on earth is the deal with Edsall?
46, you got any thoughts on all this speculation?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EvanGWatkins just said on twitter that he is hearing Ken Enkanem tore his ACL. looks like the injury bug has spread from the team to the recruits now..

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on Lockhart jermadams, nice tweetin'!! We will be able to use him next year fo' sure.

OSU posters are absolutely hilarious with that stuff, Why would the coach want them to wait????? I think we will end up with Caleb but not Jones.

Ekanem visits us in January, any chance some of the top competition pulls out because of this injury?? I would think not, but I am sure it has happened.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great news on Lockhart jermadams, nice tweetin'!! We will be able to use him next year fo' sure.

OSU posters are absolutely hilarious with that stuff, Why would the coach want them to wait????? I think we will end up with Caleb but not Jones.

Ekanem visits us in January, any chance some of the top competition pulls out because of this injury?? I would think not, but I am sure it has happened.
Ekanem has pushed back him visit to ND due to his injury....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU stuff is about as reliable as Jaime Oakes. I expect Bama to get Jones at this point, but he is far from committed. As far as Caleb, he is not a reactionary guy. He would not have committed anywhere without fully thinking it through.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Maryland has hired former New Mexico coach Locksley as their OC. I see where some UVa fans are worried about this because of Locksley's reputation as a recruiter. At the same time, some UVa posters are saying current Maryland players are telling recruits not to bother coming there. I think they've already had 8 players transfer out. What on earth is the deal with Edsall?
46, you got any thoughts on all this speculation?

Locksley knows the area so he certainly COULD be some competition but I wouldn't jump the gun too much if I were anyone. He will definitely help recruiting but it will be an upward battle for UMD IMO, especially in light of all of these de-comms. Maryland is a mess, their financial woes are not new news to anyone and they may be stuck with Edsall for most if not all of his contract. I thought it was a knee-jerk hire trying to get a "yes" man/nice guy in there after the Fridge/Franklin debacle, and it was based solely on a couple decent seasons and a Fiesta Bowl appearance.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edsall is trying to use Penn State type rules (hair cut, dress code, no new tattoos, etc...) without having the Penn State type reputation to base it on and it has driven a lot of people away. It is not going to get better for a while.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Edsall is trying to use Penn State type rules (hair cut, dress code, no new tattoos, etc...) without having the Penn State type reputation to base it on and it has driven a lot of people away. It is not going to get better for a while.
We will take your newly tattooed skin at VT!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as confident in Caleb anymore :ear:... Will be in NY for a week and won't be on here. Just fruit for thought while I am gone.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I get death threats I'll just say it might come down to if OSU is close enough in distance for him. We should take note of him pushing back his decision date. That was not a good thing for the Hokies.