• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called into Bill King's show this AM and asked JC Shurbert about some of the higher profile recruits we are going after. It's right around 28:45 into hour three of today's show. I think you have to join (free) to listen to the archives but it was a pretty interesting take on how OSU may impact recruiting for us (this year). Note this is only JC's interpretation - we all know how 247 can be off with recruiting input at times.

You should be able to access it under the tag: DEC 8, 2011 - HR 3. And no...my real name is not Mason. :)

Billisking.com - The VOX of College Sport

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Due to the injury he sustained in the state semis (ankle I believe I heard)??

Anyone have news as to if he is playing in the state final this weekend??

Also, Cyrus Jones has scheduled a last minute visit with Meyer next weekend? Any chance we could still end up with this guy? Did we make his final 5??

Yes.
no.
idk :noidea:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this concerning Kirven..

Brookville High School senior Korren Kirven, rated the No. 3 prospect in Virginia and the No. 10 defensive lineman in the country by SuperPrep, underwent surgery Sunday for a broken fibula suffered Saturday in the Bees' 38-27 victory at Cave Spring in the Group AA Division 3 semifinals.

Kirven also sustained a slightly dislocated ankle but did not incur any ligament damage. He will require a cast for an indefinite period, raising questions about his availability to play as a true freshman in college next year.

Virginia Tech is considered the leader for Kirven among a group of finalists that includes Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Virginia. Quarterback Logan Thomas and defensive lineman Zach McCray are ex-Brookville players on the Hokies' roster.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you all still think my post was overreacting to the injury?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Caleb still visiting B'Burg this weekend? Was wondering if the developments with what happened yesterday might push back his visit??

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Complete Bullshit if you ask me. Nothing like have one staff devoted to recruiting, while the other staff prepares for the bowl game. And to think the the "lack of institutional control" made this possible. Must be nice to have a good ole boy relationship with the NCAA.

But me in the boat with Hoke: 1) "it does give an advantage" & 2) "i've never heard of this before"

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, lots of confusion just happened but UGA it is..

UGA.... thank God

:yo:

Glad we could help!

I heard that the Marshall to Clemson rumors were started by butthurt UF fans after Mike Davis left and upon learning that they had no chance with Marshall.

The kid wanted to wait until the end of the season to make sure Richt was still there, otherwise, he would have committed earlier in the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already contacted committed recruits at both USC and Georgia. The guy is going to be a bitch to deal with for the forseeable future. Cornell and Shane will help some, but seriously, this is crap.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already contacted committed recruits at both USC and Georgia. The guy is going to be a bitch to deal with for the forseeable future. Cornell and Shane will help some, but seriously, this is crap.

:L

Maybe he'll get some USCe guys, but the UGA boys want to play SEC ball and for a guy with some integrity.

I would be absolutely shocked if he lured away any of our guys... or even won a head to head recruiting battle.