• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to him, but I don't know that it will help them (UNC) in recruiting or winning very much. I think this is a good hire for VT and the rest of the ACC.

I disagree. Fedora has been a coach for teams with some high octane offenses in recent years...Florida and Oklahoma State. And from watching Southern Miss, it is evident he puts an emphasis on special teams and defense as well.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Fedora has been a coach for teams with some high octane offenses in recent years...Florida and Oklahoma State. And from watching Southern Miss, it is evident he puts an emphasis on special teams and defense as well.

Right, I guess my point was how well does he know the SE in terms of recruiting?? Mississippi recruits?? Good luck with that. A university like UNC could have gotten a much higher profile guy, but then again, maybe that is what they DON'T need. This hiring does not put fear in my heart nor the hearts of many Hokies I would imagine..Plus there are many questions as to how much offensive influence this guy had some of his most recent stops. Good coach???Sure, I will give him that. Great coach/BCSC/ACCC?? NOt quite sure I would annoint him as that. That's all Ima sayin.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Right, I guess my point was how well does he know the SE in terms of recruiting?? Mississippi recruits?? Good luck with that. A university like UNC could have gotten a much higher profile guy, but then again, maybe that is what they DON'T need. This hiring does not put fear in my heart nor the hearts of many Hokies I would imagine..Plus there are many questions as to how much offensive influence this guy had some of his most recent stops. Good coach???Sure, I will give him that. Great coach/BCSC/ACCC?? NOt quite sure I would annoint him as that. That's all Ima sayin.

Dont know much about Fedora myself but he seems to be a decent recruiter, getting quite a few upper 3*'s and even a couple 4* guys to Southern Miss. Its obvious that he has ties to Mississippi but also coached @ (east coast schools) Florida and Midd tenn, so i wouldnt be surprised if he has ties to some of the local HS's. Using the unc "brand" i wouldnt be surprised to see him pull some overlooked guys from Tx and oklahoma either.

FWIW from what i hear UNC tried for a couple of big names but couldnt get them. <---- I guess thats what you can expect from a basketball school that is facing (major) football sanctions.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if VT would have won the ACCCG, we were still going to Atlanta.

LOL

Edit: I read this wrong at first, assuming you meant that even if VT didn't get invited to the Sugar, UVA was still going to the CFA. I have no insight as to Clemson/UVA

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful.....Per what I have heard.

"Stokan said that he called UVa athletic director Craig Littlepage on Tuesday and informed him that Virginia would be his committee's selection if the choice came down to the Cavaliers, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Wake Forest, another ACC team with a 5-3 conference record."

Cavaliers win their way to Chick-fil-A Bowl - Roanoke.com

Clemson already opens 2012 playing Auburn in Atlanta. There is no way Atlanta would have wanted that matchup to end the season as well as to start the season.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could probably see the Michigan coaching staff's frustration. I mean I know this guy is a kid and everything, but he visited Cal-Berkley and didn't bother letting the coaches know he wasn't going to be there, when they knocked on his door. Disrespectful.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirven will miss the all american game

Due to the injury he sustained in the state semis (ankle I believe I heard)??

Anyone have news as to if he is playing in the state final this weekend??

Also, Cyrus Jones has scheduled a last minute visit with Meyer next weekend? Any chance we could still end up with this guy? Did we make his final 5??

Last edited by a moderator: