• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irule,

FWIW, my guy on the Big Ten thing has basically said that Texas soured the whole Oklahoma deal, shocker I know. If he had to guess, at this point, the next big moves will not come for a bit (2017 at latest) but he thinks ND, UMd, GT and VT are very likely.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 2 weeks ago I posted that the staff said it was an ACL injury and hes out about 9 months. Thats their timetable not sure the official though.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN we are in Cyrus Jones top-5. Still think we are about #5 in that top 5 though ha

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of the injury and his commitment makes me think his father and he knew its much worse than they are letting on.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes I have heard we are in the top 5, I think we may be closer to #3 at this point. IMO it is Auburn, Bama, VT, Maryland, WVU.

The good news is that I'm not sure Auburn and Alabama will have a spot open for him by the time he commits. Deon Bush is both teams' primary target in terms of the athlete position. So that will most likely eliminate one of the teams. The other may take Jones by default, but there are other guys higher on the board at other positions and both are not desperate for CBs or Athletes. We on the other hand, want him to play WR with the posibility of CB (up to him really) and I think he likes offense enough where he might consider us even more. Also, we have proximity to his family and alot of players (JC Coleman mostly) talking in Jones' ear about playing at VT.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone know how Adriel Mayes is not being recruited by anyone? The dude has more yards and TDs than JC this season and plays in the same district. He is putting up some monster numbers, is not all that small (5'9" ish about 180lbs). I haven't gotten a chance to see him in person but on film he looks pretty good, any idea why there is literally no interest in him from anyone? Last year as a Jr. he was selected First Team All-Southeastern District. First Team All-Tidewater, Second Team All-757 and First Team All-757 Juniors at running back (per recruit757.com)

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB commit Donovan Riley is playing in the Maryland Crab Bowl. Their version of an All-Star game.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm going with the worst case scenario. If it's torn it's about 3-4 months of recovery. The main deal is making sure it is fully healed before putting stress on that area.

Can You Play Football With A Torn Meniscus? | LIVESTRONG.COM
I am wondering if the "9-months" everyone is hearing about is just him and his parents being cautious since in 9 months he will be in Blacksburg. In the scheme of things, HS football is not as important as college, so why risk another injury. I blew up my Meniscus in HS playing soccer and was fine 2-3 months later after rehab..

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering if the "9-months" everyone is hearing about is just him and his parents being cautious since in 9 months he will be in Blacksburg. In the scheme of things, HS football is not as important as college, so why risk another injury. I blew up my Meniscus in HS playing soccer and was fine 2-3 months later after rehab..

I would say definetely (if he has a torn meniscus..NOT ACL). I have had an ACL reconstruction on both knees (football injuries) and they are much worse. One was a partial tear (about 6 months to full recovery) and a full tear (about 9-12 months). Of course I wasn't rehabbing 6 hours a day, 5 days a week like these athletes do..If its just a meniscus, Harris will recover fine and it shouldn't have any lingering effects. I'm sure they are being cautious.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also depends on whether the meniscus can be repaired. I tore my meniscus but it was shredded so just got shaved down, no repair. I was back on a treadmill in a week and back on the ice twelve days post surgery. Repair takes 3-6 months though.