• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing Joel Caleb gave a silent commit....hince them calling a wr saying that they couldnt take them....heard before the weekend that it would take place...and im pretty sure it happened...feel we will know shortly

I'm hearing more chatter on twitter that this could be true as well.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, just got home from Blacksburg. Let me make some calls and i'll get back asap.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly the atmosphere was great until we roughed the punter it was still pretty good until the DW fumble.

Plays that killed the crowd:

1st Qtr:
--------
1st Tech drive - LT threw INT
2nd Tech drive - DW fumble
3rd Tech drive - 27 yard punt

2nd Qtr:
--------
4th Tech drive - 32 yard punt
5th Tech drive - 24 yard FG
6th Tech drive - 35 yard punt

Hard to maintain any level of enthusiasm when your team flops terribly in the first quarter, and can only manage a field goal in the second quarter. Ugh.

Additionally, as we've all noted, Tech's punting game is very bad. It cost us in this game, as we all knew that it would.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed the entire game. The atmosphere was the absolute worse in the 7 years I've been going to games at Lane. To add insult to injury after the game the Clemson players stayed on the field and celebrated with the Clemson fans in the stands for a good 15 minutes. Doing non-stop chants and cheers. Dabo leading the way. Seemed pretty classless. After a W shake hands and head to the locker room.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I stayed the entire game. The atmosphere was the absolute worse in the 7 years I've been going to games at Lane. To add insult to injury after the game the Clemson players stayed on the field and celebrated with the Clemson fans in the stands for a good 15 minutes. Doing non-stop chants and cheers. Dabo leading the way. Seemed pretty classless. After a W shake hands and head to the locker room.

I'm glad it wasn't just me because the stadium was not rocking like I expected it to be. Even at critical times, it seemed like it was just not as loud as it has been. Maybe it was the cold and rain, I don't know. I juste remember thinking that I've been to game where I couldn't think because it was so loud and in this game, I never felt that way at any point. Disappointing night to say the least. I don't know about you guys, but I do not like losing to Clemson for some reason. This was the first one I've witnessed, but it left a bad taste in my mouth, much worse than any loss besides the Boise St. one.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1. They were cocky, arrogant, and the fans were just douchebags. I thought we would feed off that, the fact it was a night game, the maroon effect, or just the fact it was a huge game but everyone seemed out of it. App State was louder. And seeing fans leave at half or the third quarter drove me insane. By the start of the 4th, East and South were a good 1/2 empty. Pathetic.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm glad it wasn't just me because the stadium was not rocking like I expected it to be. Even at critical times, it seemed like it was just not as loud as it has been. Maybe it was the cold and rain, I don't know. I juste remember thinking that I've been to game where I couldn't think because it was so loud and in this game, I never felt that way at any point. Disappointing night to say the least. I don't know about you guys, but I do not like losing to Clemson for some reason. This was the first one I've witnessed, but it left a bad taste in my mouth, much worse than any loss besides the Boise St. one.

Really? maybe its just me but i thought Lane was roaring pretty good for the first couple series. FWIW i dont think lane has been as loud period since they did the 1st seating realignment.

Yeah i dont know what it is but losing to clemson f*cking blows, for me i've always considered clemson a bunch of soft ass underachievers. Losing the game (especially the way we lost it) has had me literally sick since saturday.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You expect a game like this to be the one you want to bring recruits to, but in fact it was the exact opposite. I'm embarrassed of how we played, I'm embarrassed at how the fans DIDNT act, and I'm embarrassed that the coaching didn't take a few gambles when we were down. And it was all on primetime TV.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really? maybe its just me but i thought Lane was roaring pretty good for the first couple series. FWIW i dont think lane has been as loud period since they did the 1st seating realignment.

Yeah i dont know what it is but losing to clemson f*cking blows, for me i've always considered clemson a bunch of soft ass underachievers. Losing the game (especially the way we lost it) has had me literally sick since saturday.

Dont' get me wrong, it was loud, but I was hoping for a Saturday night game it would be much louder. From being at Clemson in 06, that game was rowdy and just being in the parking lot for Miami 05, that game was unbelievably loud.

The fans leaving was the worst though. Granted, I left with a few minutes left in the 4th, but seeing people leave in the 3rd and early 4th quarter was embarrasing.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got off the phone with my bud in the Athletic Dept. He said to the best of his knowledge Harris was the most recent commit. He also said that the Browns may be referring to Chris Mangus, who will be given a shot at slot WR. Sorry I can't say one way or another but I told him to text me asap if he hears about Caleb. Fingers crossed.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got off the phone with my bud in the Athletic Dept. He said to the best of his knowledge Harris was the most recent commit. He also said that the Browns may be referring to Chris Mangus, who will be given a shot at slot WR. Sorry I can't say one way or another but I told him to text me asap if he hears about Caleb. Fingers crossed.
I like the idea of Mangus as a slot receiver, I have thought that all along!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true, I find it interesting that the coaches would call this Sunday. I can definitely see the curiosity as Mangus has been a commit for a week or two. I really hope its Joel though. That would heal the sting that still exists from Saturday.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to his leg injury, Drew Harris did not play this weekend.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates on how we stand with Cyrus Jones and Korren Kirven? Does Kirven have an official visit scheduled? ESPN has Jones' top interest narrowed down to Maryland, WVU, PSU, VT and OSU. I like our chances against those schools considering the issues going on at each. WVU scares me with their new offense, but the BigEast crumbling has to be in the back of everyone's mind...plus Holgerson seems to be somewhat of a journeyman.