• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone mention that on here before (vt_football_fan i think) and imo that is prob his best chance at early PT.

Thats right. Thats been the plan all along. Mangus will open up our usually conservative offense...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris seems to have been banged up at his last game. There was some worry it was his ACL but that doesn't seem to be the case. Something to watch and pray for this season.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What are the chances we hear some good things from Caleb this weekend? Heard he and his parents are coming in for the game and that he may be getting "tired" of the recruiting scene.

EDIT: Also our Boy J.C. "Unofficial Recruiter" Coleman will be at the game no doubt in his ear the whole time.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OK so this is a huge recruiting weekend. Looks like Jarontay Jones, JC Coleman, Joel Caleb, Chris Mangus (anyone else?)

and for 2013 we will have Tim Harris and possibly Kendall Fuller

Big Weekend!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet!! We may have a flashback of the Suggs/Jones and Williams/Evans year(s) in a couple more years. Great running back talent in the class. Now we just need some more big uglies to block for them.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sweet!! We may have a flashback of the Suggs/Jones and Williams/Evans year(s) in a couple more years. Great running back talent in the class. Now we just need some more big uglies to block for them.

We already have four OLs in the Class of 2012 if you include Benedict, the transfer from UGA, who is sitting out this year. They will replace the four OLs who will graduate at the end of this year: Dechristopher, Brooks, Nosal and Lanier.

Here's the list of 2012 OLs:

Conte
Taraschke
Willenbrock
Benedict (transfer from UGA)

I doubt that we add more than one additional OL for this class, if that.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R*** has us as the 11th ranked recruiting class in the country, with the #1 RB class and #5 LB class.

Interestingly, three of our best four chances to get a 3* guy bumped to 4 are in those two positions as well (Vandyke, Mangus, Blue).

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really hope that JC can get in early with Manning, Irick (if he can) and Tookes. I know it is very difficult to EE from a VA school because of the SOL but hopefully he can do it. I would love to have 4 come in early and count towards last year to free up some space.

I think we get Caleb, Kirven and an outside shot at Jones to fill out the class. We will probably offer some late guys like we did last year to prep.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Cyrus Jones has already taken his official visit. It was on the weekend of September 16th for the Arkansas State game.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There are rumors floating around that Harris tore his ACL recently, however his father is refuting them saying that he is fine, anyone else hearing this?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are rumors floating around that Harris tore his ACL recently, however his father is refuting them saying that he is fine, anyone else hearing this?

More info...

Recruiting - Black Shoe Diaries - For Penn St. Nittany Lions Fans

QUOTE:

Reports came out this weekend that PA RB Drew Harris tore an ACL and would miss the remainder of the season. Penn State isn't likely to land Harris, though the Lions are gaining ground. However, the ubiquitous Sean Fitz put those reports to bed, stating that Harris' injury reports were not true, according to his father. The extent of Harris' injury, if any, is unknown at this point.

....and still more...

@Lions247 Lions247
Just spoke with Drew Harris, Sr., who informed me that rumors that his son tore his ACL this weekend are not true.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some info on our FUMA guys: Hall and Lockhart are attending FUMA and both plan to enroll at VT in January if they can get their grades up to qualify. They are each taking 1-2 classes to get their grades up and retaking their SAT and ACT.

Lockhardt has 3 TD's already, Hall had to have minor meniscus surgery but will be back full speed soon.

Shuman compares Lockhardt to Royal and I hope he is right!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OK so this is a huge recruiting weekend. Looks like Jarontay Jones, JC Coleman, Joel Caleb, Chris Mangus (anyone else?)

and for 2013 we will have Tim Harris and possibly Kendall Fuller

Big Weekend!
Hate to quote my own post but 2013 ATH DJ Reid may be in town for the Clemson game