• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vintage bullshit Tom Herman quotes of the week

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State made Texas their homecoming?! :pound:
lYDmo1w.gif

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...do you dongers ever sit and wonder what might have been if Mack had stepped aside like Bob did and Muschamp was allowed to take over?

Think it would have been better up to this point?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, the underdog has won the game more then the favorite.

What will the boosters, fans, the Alumni feel, if say you guys go 6-7 but win the RRS?
That’s good enough for a top 20 preseason ranking in 2019

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an unrelated note, I hope Tulsa hires Todd Graham back. His scheme doesn't really work on a week in, week out basis in a P5 conference because everyone gets used to it, but I think he's dangerous at hell at a G5 school near some decent recruiting areas. Blitz all day, every day, win or lose by basketball scores.

How much fun would it be to watch Tulsa throttle a Baylor/Texas/Okie State 66-45 when they signed up and brought a weak team?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...do you dongers ever sit and wonder what might have been if Mack had stepped aside like Bob did and Muschamp was allowed to take over?

Think it would have been better up to this point?
Muschamp got fired at Florida and hasn't shown us anything at SC. If Texas wants him I'm sure SC would let him out of his contract.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could tell he was a real "man's man" from the get go...

n4oSqbU.gif

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After struggling to beat Tulsa, a team that went 2-10 last year, a game in which the Longhorns should have lost b/c Tulsa missed like 10 FG's and dropped a dozen TD passes it seemed like here is what he had to say:

"Winning's hard. Really, really hard" - Really Dick? Every single Big 12 team minus KU would have rolled Tulsa High by 30 pts. OU would have had their walkons in at the beginning of the 3rd quarter after being up 56-0 at halftime. STFU you weak little bitch!

“Anytime you win, we’re going to celebrate it,” he said. “If we ever get to the point in our program where we don’t celebrate wins, then we haven’t done a good job as coaches.” - Asswipe, you don't celebrate barely beating a 2-10 Tulsa team from a year ago, especially b/c your soft as fuck team should have lost this game if it wasn't for Tulsa sucking and missing FG's and dropping TD passes

"We get everybody's best shot" - Fuckstick, no you don't. That was true when Mack was coaching, but nobody fears your shitty weak team anymore and NOBODY fears walking into DKR as well. When the likes of Iowa State are scheduling you for homecoming, that means they know your're a weak team they can beat in front of the students and alumni. Go fuck yourself.....

I have no idea why this fires people up. That shit is straight out of the Mack Brown playbook, you know the guy Herman calls his mentor. Only thing missing is “scares you to death”

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope their next guy is the right guy, and get back in this thing.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an unrelated note, I hope Tulsa hires Todd Graham back. His scheme doesn't really work on a week in, week out basis in a P5 conference because everyone gets used to it, but I think he's dangerous at hell at a G5 school near some decent recruiting areas. Blitz all day, every day, win or lose by basketball scores.

How much fun would it be to watch Tulsa throttle a Baylor/Texas/Okie State 66-45 when they signed up and brought a weak team?
My cousin played for him while he was at Tulsa and the whole o-line group hated him.

I think he improved player relations while at ASU tho

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could tell he was a real "man's man" from the get go...

n4oSqbU.gif
looks like a man that’d go 0-2 against doormat Maryland and not even have the common decency to give Texas fans a reach around

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like a man that’d go 0-2 against doormat Maryland and not even have the common decency to give Texas fans a reach around
Saban gets more pissed at bitches asking normal post game questions after winning by 50 than Herman does at losing to high school teams.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cousin played for him while he was at Tulsa and the whole o-line group hated him.

I think he improved player relations while at ASU tho

The ASU fanbase was extremely divided on whether or not to fire him. I obviously didn't play for him, but I never got the impression he was disliked by the players. He came in and improved he program dramatically. They went from an undisciplined mess to an 8 win team to back to back double digit win teams, before it fell off. And it had to fall off, because the MO was to score points and blitz all day, every day, hoping that your QB would make less mistakes than the opposing. If he knew how to develop an offensive line to work with that, he'd have done really, really well. That was the missing component. I don't hate him, which is a bit strange for a HC that just got fired. I actually like him. Most of the fanbase does. Make no bones about it, Herm is benefiting from coaching up guys that were part of several decent recruiting classes. The talent level at ASU right now is supposed to be top 25.

How often do you see a fired coach still hanging out with the boosters? Graham did a hell of a job. He just peaked, and was too loyal to a few bad assistants for too long. Had he adopted a more "Mack Brown" type CEO role and gave up control 2 years earlier with good hires, he'd have been fine. He also lost a ton of coordinators to HC jobs. Year after year. He 100% deserves another shot. If I was the President at a non power school, he'd be the first available guy on my list to hire (provided dream dudes like Tony Dungy weren't interested). We're talking about a guy with a 60% win ratio, the bulk of which came at P5 jobs.

Last edited: