• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vincent Valentine Graduated

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent Valentine (@TheRealVRVJ) | Twitter

Congrats to Vincent!!!!

Earlier, I had stated I thought Vince would play next year. I did not know that he was graduating in December.

If he does not think he can go to the NFL, I could see him going the graduate transfer and try to get on at a different school. I could see some contenders going after him.

I predict he will transfer.

I attended my son's graduation ceremony today. That was awesome, because even though it was sort of cold, the women were wearing short dresses. Lots and lots of college age legs around. The bad news, my father went back into the hospital, so I helped move my son out of his apartment, drove him home, and I just booked a ONE way flight.

I have no idea when I am coming home. This time, it looks like I am putting my father into Assisted Living, which will probably kill him. He does not like people in his space. I fully expect I will go out there and I am going to be yelled at very loudly and probably cussed at also.

Happy Holidays!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grats to VV

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to VV.

as far as transfer, why? you are a starter on a Div 1 team, most transfers are people that aren't seeing the field or don't fit the system or have a conflict with the coach or something. i just don't see that here, if Collins leaves and VV stays he'd get the chance to show what he can do. key question would be if he can stay healthy. not to mention our strength coach actually knows what he's doing and as the article said the other day how to get gains in things that matter to NFL potential.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to VV.

as far as transfer, why? you are a starter on a Div 1 team, most transfers are people that aren't seeing the field or don't fit the system or have a conflict with the coach or something. i just don't see that here, if Collins leaves and VV stays he'd get the chance to show what he can do. key question would be if he can stay healthy. not to mention our strength coach actually knows what he's doing and as the article said the other day how to get gains in things that matter to NFL potential.

a lot would depend on his psyche, but the flip side of that is he could be thinking "Maliek is a first rounder, the dude took all the attention away from me, and i still was rather "meh" (no athlete that far in their career thinks they're "meh", but for the point) so i might turn invisible next year with all the double teams so i should get out now while my stock is still decent"

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot would depend on his psyche, but the flip side of that is he could be thinking "Maliek is a first rounder, the dude took all the attention away from me, and i still was rather "meh" (no athlete that far in their career thinks they're "meh", but for the point) so i might turn invisible next year with all the double teams so i should get out now while my stock is still decent"
yea, i guess i could see that, but i'd think NFL scouts know how to evaluate a DT and eating up double teams is what they should do so the LB or others get the tackles. if i were to guess he's one of the players that was on the low end of the testing in the article, thus he's not going to show well at the combine or pro day, he might get a 5th or 6th round grade, but i'd bet he drops out of the draft and into FA territory after testing.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh believe me i don't think he should leave, his draft position would be likely nonexistent i agree. Just offering one possible reason for his thought process IF he leaves...cause if he left i'd sure hope it isn't under his own assumption that he will be drafted on day 2

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and HiB1G I'm sorry to hear that about your pops, and congrats to your son

Thanks for that. My Dad is 94.75 and he has had a hell of a life. World War II(fighter pilot and bomber pilot), Korean War(bomber pilot), Vietnam War(civil engineer, he built the airports and runways Da Nang and Khe San were two). Not very many kids can say their Dad's fought in all three wars. Although, Vietnam he was NOT combat, but he was under attack during construction. Mortars, Rockets, and small arms. but then, just about everyone was accept for the real rear echelon who's ass do I need to kiss types.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shit man....if i could shake the man's hand, give him a salute, and pop a Budweiser with him i sure as hell would cause he sounds like one hell of a true blood good hearted american man if i do say so myself. at the very least its good to hear he spent his years being what seem like a pretty damn good man.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i may ask (I'm a bit of a WW2 nerd) what type of planes did he fly in WW2? and what theater?

He was European Theater. He was part of the occupation force of Japan in 1945 and 1946. I am not completely sure, but I think my oldest brother was born in Japan, but conceived in the States.

I will see what I can get out of him. He never really talked much about it, and I never asked about it. He did let slip once that when he was in Europe he saw the German Jet Fighters coming at him. He said, "there was this dot on the horizon, and then they were past us. Those jets were fast, but they couldn't maneuver." I didn't follow up when he said that because that was the most he ever said about WW II around me, ever.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twin Engine P-61 Northrop Black Widow. Wow, pretty fricking cool plane if you ask me.

A-26/B-26 Invader. I have not looked that one up yet.

Taking him and one of his buddies to lunch. I will see what else I can dig up.

He didn't really want to take about it and didn't like that I was prying.

He did tell me he never was trained to fly any jets.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we're doing too good of a job helping them with academics...

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twin Engine P-61 Northrop Black Widow. Wow, pretty fricking cool plane if you ask me.

A-26/B-26 Invader. I have not looked that one up yet.

Taking him and one of his buddies to lunch. I will see what else I can dig up.

He didn't really want to take about it and didn't like that I was prying.

He did tell me he never was trained to fly any jets.
That's pretty awesome. Those were the night fighters, weren't they?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another part of the tear down process, best of luck to the guy

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to have seen Vincent and Malik stay for another year. They did a good job stuffing the middle once Bopleeny was removed from the equation. Interior DL was a bright spot.

I hope there are a couple of guys who can step in.

Last edited:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to have seen Vincent and Malik stay for another year. They did a good job stuffing the middle once Bopleeny was removed from the equation. DL was a bright spot.

I hope there are a couple of guys who can step in.

I don't blame Malik...he is probably top 15 pick.

VV...3rd round maybe?