• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince to be pushed out....

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You said "storyline", which its not. You can have partial credit

That's the reveal at Wrestle Mania. We find out Linda is the WSJ "source" and this is a hostile take over. I don't want to spoil the rest of it.

Jk btw. I'm a Montreal truther and suspicious about Punk's status right now but even I acknowledge when it involves the WSJ investigations, stock prices, corporate heirarchy etc it's actually not a storyline

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be so much better for wrestling if he came out during Wrestlemania and went out the right instead of being forced out because of allegations.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Wall Street Journal (article is paywalled so I won't bother linking, you can look it up yourselves on other sites if interested), Vince is attempting to use his majority shareholder stake to force himself back on the board (along with two others) and intends to explore a sale of WWE.

As majority shareholder, its possible he can pull this off. But also, its gonna require 3 current board members to vacate. The current board has made it known that they don't believe McMahon returning is in the best interest of the company. This is probably gonna get pretty messy legally.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Wall Street Journal (article is paywalled so I won't bother linking, you can look it up yourselves on other sites if interested), Vince is attempting to use his majority shareholder stake to force himself back on the board (along with two others) and intends to explore a sale of WWE.

As majority shareholder, its possible he can pull this off. But also, its gonna require 3 current board members to vacate. The current board has made it known that they don't believe McMahon returning is in the best interest of the company. This is probably gonna get pretty messy legally.

Amazing

The nepotism spouses better get ready

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1673032762222.gif

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not smart.

I understand what their INTENT was, have him retire and wait for the heat to die down, and it was good.

But you couldn't sneak him back in without people noticing. The world is too smart to fall for this....

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mchmahon-higherpower.gif

"Aww! Son of a bitch!!!"

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlights from the meeting:

*They officially announced Vince McMahon was back on the Board of Directors.

*They reiterated that there would be no changes to management or their responsibilities at this time. So, Paul Levesque, Stephanie McMahon, Nick Khan, Frank Riddick III (who was also on the call), etc. would remain in place in their current positions and jobs.

*It was also pushed that the move was a big positive and made to give the company everything they needed to make the most of their future rights revenue sales (i.e. new deals for Raw, Smackdown, etc.) as well as to gauge the market for potential sale of the company with the idea that with Vince McMahon back, the entire company would all be on the same page in maximizing WWE's potential leading into the future.

*The idea is they would be looking at potential sale offers ahead of any rights negotiations, in case that would be a greater benefit (i.e. more lucrative financially) than another round of just selling TV rights - but it was also greatly emphasized that a sale may not happen and it should not be assumed it would. The final say in all of this would go to Vince McMahon as the controlling shareholder.

*It was also mentioned that a "possible avenue" for the company could be for it to be taken private again if it was "the best outcome for shareholders." This was mentioned among potential strategic options, not that it was something they WILL be doing.

*It was described to us as very much a rah rah meeting to try and raise the spirits of the troops.

*They did not take any employee questions.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to replace that entire big 4 with qualified people to really take off

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50B2044B-BA0B-4E5D-93E1-A05C01108229.png
Dear god, this would be incredible

What a turn of events that would be

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince is a god.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not smart.

I understand what their INTENT was, have him retire and wait for the heat to die down, and it was good.

But you couldn't sneak him back in without people noticing. The world is too smart to fall for this....

They didn't try to sneak him back in. The execs were more than content with him moving on. But Vince forced his way back in because of his voting power since he's the majority share holder, which legally, he can do. It get can get a little sideways if he does some other things, which is why I said it could get legally messy earlier, but we'll have to see how it plays out. The first part, him using his voting power to put himself on the board to explore a sale, is fine.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't try to sneak him back in. The execs were more than content with him moving on. But Vince forced his way back in because of his voting power since he's the majority share holder, which legally, he can do. It get can get a little sideways if he does some other things, which is why I said it could get legally messy earlier, but we'll have to see how it plays out. The first part, him using his voting power to put himself on the board to explore a sale, is fine.

Bad Choice of words.

I agree. If it's for the purposes of sale. Fine by me
View attachment 318390
Dear god, this would be incredible

What a turn of events that would be

Interesting delevopment. Normally first bidders, look at Amazon/Sunday Ticket, don't usually get dibs though.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Choice of words.

Interesting delevopment. Normally first bidders, look at Amazon/Sunday Ticket, don't usually get dibs though.

Sorry, banana nose hasn’t been that good.

Clearly just a case of backup QB syndrome

But man I would love the Saudi’s to buy wwe

No more woke bs

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, banana nose hasn’t been that good.

Clearly just a case of backup QB syndrome

But man I would love the Saudi’s to buy wwe

No more woke bs

Did you read the final part.

Bad Choice of words.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Choice of words.

Why? There hasn’t been remotely a shred of evidence to say he committed an actual crime as long as he pays the company back. If any Vince is a victim in all of this, so he should be the executive chairman.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is not reality at all and has no chance of happening but damn it would be funny as hell if Ted Turner bought WWE.